Here's the ph para

Discuss early Trespasser builds and all other early Trespasser stuff here! Discover more amazing stuff about the game!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Here's the ph para

Post by Rebel »

It's in a dummy level, to your left on level-load up eating a plant.
Attachments
para_level.zip
(445.43 KiB) Downloaded 536 times
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Re: Here's the ph para

Post by tatu »

Oh great, thank you!
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Excellent! I feel like using this guy in a level sometime... And lo, s/he even eats w/out making the vocal error basketball sound..
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Cool! I've always wanted to use this guy instead of the one that came out in the final game. The only issue is the low-res texture...
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

TheIdiot wrote:Cool! I've always wanted to use this guy instead of the one that came out in the final game. The only issue is the low-res texture...
Actually, with no mipmaps, the texture isn't bad at all, and someone with 3dmax could easily use the single texture to remap the top of the crest, the breast plate, and back of the rear legs (and bottom of the feet too, I think). Unfortunately, that's one thing I couldn't do myself since I only have MilkShape and that alters the model's vert count and eliminates the smoothing groups previously assigned to the model.

I actually do like this para better than the retail version too.
Draconisaurus wrote:Excellent! I feel like using this guy in a level sometime... And lo, s/he even eats w/out making the vocal error basketball sound..
Yeah, the 'tear' vocal cube is missing in most levels. I just added it -
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Rebel wrote:Yeah, the 'tear' vocal cube is missing in most levels. I just added it -
Duuhhhh whaaa huh? That's what causes the error? Might have been nice to know this years ago... :|
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Draconisaurus wrote:
Rebel wrote:Yeah, the 'tear' vocal cube is missing in most levels. I just added it -
Duuhhhh whaaa huh? That's what causes the error? Might have been nice to know this years ago... :|
I honestly thought that was general knowledge and that it was discussed way back somewhere. Maybe not. The original tc level did have herbivores feeding, but I had turned them into carnivores and placed invisible food cubes in plants for feed. Hence, I just copied the cube from the raptor. I don't think I played around with the ai types again until tc isle, which is when I stumbled on the ai type 4 which translated into herbivore food. That's when I went looking for a string vocal for herb_grass. The first time was when I got the dinos to drink I came to the realization that they were missing the drink vocals. In one of the retail levels, I believe there was a drink vocal cube, but I think it was empty of values, and luckily, I believe the sound name for drinking was already uncovered.

*Any vocal cubes pulled from the isle have all that missing tear and drink vocal cubes. There are also some in tc level's remake (trescom.level), as well as tc rescue for our little piggy.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Very interesting...

Btw, on a side note. I was trying to play tc_rescue the other day and couldn't figure out how to get the crane to move... Seems I've forgotten in the time since the level came out. Don't suppose I could have a hint or more?
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Draconisaurus wrote:Very interesting...

Btw, on a side note. I was trying to play tc_rescue the other day and couldn't figure out how to get the crane to move... Seems I've forgotten in the time since the level came out. Don't suppose I could have a hint or more?
God, it's been a while. If memory serves, you go behind the crane's control station, open the box up and push in the circuit breaker, then pull down the red breaker handle. Then, I believe you can power it up. I think that's it, though don't hold me to it (I'm getting a bit old and senile). :D
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Aha, that was missing a point or two but I got it! Just didn't realize the bit about pushing the breaker in.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Draconisaurus wrote:
I totally agree... I think I thought it was "eat" but the problem persisted after adding it. "Tear" didn't come to my mind...

Now I can finally fix that in the Pens level...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

When I released the last version of the level generator (SGen_Ver005?), I don't think I updated the
herbivore dino vocals either, so that I was an oversight on my part. I know I added all the drink
vocals , but not the tear. My bad. :(
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

I thought the herbivores didn't use Vocal #13 because they weren't carnivores and it was only meant for ripping meat...
Fixed it in the Pens now.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Rebel wrote:
Draconisaurus wrote:Very interesting...

God, it's been a while. If memory serves, you go behind the crane's control station, open the box up and push in the circuit breaker, then pull down the red breaker handle. Then, I believe you can power it up. I think that's it, though don't hold me to it (I'm getting a bit old and senile). :D
Eh-heh sooo, been playing this level bit by bit as a casual passtime... Now I'm stuck on what to do at the radio tower. I brought the WD40 and sprayed it on both the gears and the lever but to no avail... :?
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Drac, below the actual gears you'll see what looks like two bars with interlocking teeth. That's one of the locations you need to spray (as well as the bottom of the lever). The easiest way to be certain you hit the spot correctly is to climb into the gearbox itself and aim down. Hope that helps. ;)