Trespasser E3?

Discuss early Trespasser builds and all other early Trespasser stuff here! Discover more amazing stuff about the game!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Re: Trespasser E3?

Post by Hilwo »

Nice, the helicopter is there in IJ? I've only seen the E3 version (PC gamer nog yet) and haven't seen the helicopter yet... Did I miss it or is it not in E3 version?
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

The helicopter is in the PCGamer version :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

The E3 version of IJ starts at the end of the level... that was one of the old theories. Remember?
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
tatu

Post by tatu »

It didn't for me. Anne is placed below the terrain, so I believe she is somehow teleported to a location. I began at the retail IJ start. It's the same in PV, Anne is location outside the player area.

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Oh, well, I didn't play it yet, but noticed she was placed over there...
I guess it's like in PV, where she isn't paced at the top of the mountain road, either, but you start here nonetheless...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
tatu

Post by tatu »

Yeah, but I have no idea how, cause there isn't any trigger about it. The only thing I would guess is that the engines moves the player to the closest or to one of the teleport triggers, cause both level have one in the beginning.

machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Yep, that's what I'm thinking, too. Kill Anne (since she us underground) and teleport her to the first teleport...
Deagles4life
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Deagles4life »

There's like an editor in the PCgamer folder under tools, I used it to load up and fly around each level(it has lots of sliders and options to tweak the game with). In JR I found a few things like a Mayan face rock as well as a tv. In PH there were some really awesome ruins like a small cottage with a chimney with just the bricks left and a big house ruins of rock walls. You move incredibly fast in water and partway through PV Anne just fell over but I could still move and use her arm to propel herself into the air. The raptors are hilarious with their snapping jaws and I like the sounds of them. I have noticed a lot of quite good flora that was cut from the game also.
tatu

Post by tatu »

Played around a bit with the dinosaur textures and made some transparent .png files of them. Not the best, not the worst :P
ParaTest.png
ParaTest.png (14.44 KiB) Viewed 12766 times
GreenTrex.png
GreenTrex.png (10.83 KiB) Viewed 12766 times
BrownRaptor.png
BrownRaptor.png (124.13 KiB) Viewed 12766 times

machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Nice work. I was too lazy to do it. ;)
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

Poking around in the SWP file for PH I noticed the base terrain texture for PV is hiding in there... That explains how it was visible out the windows in some early screenshots (which helped cause the confusion that it was located in PV where the raptor nest was).

EDIT: Found this interesting quote:
"After reading OGR’s massively positive preview of this game, I was really looking forward to seeing it (moreso than Half-Life). Now that I’ve seen it, I can only conclude that A) OGR played a different version than the one at E3 or B) the OGR staff is huffing gas. The idea of a real physics engine is pretty revolutionary but the execution feels like some kind of crappy VR demo. Spielberg makes about 40 million dollars a day, so I’m assuming Trespasser was running on at least a 400 with lots of RAM and IT WAS STILL CHOPPY. There was no real fogging, but many landscape elements would noticeably pop into existence and then kind of jump around until they eventually left your field of view or, for some reason, became stable. The engine had some cool features, but, if the demo is any indication, there’s no game there yet. Also, apparently you play a little retarded girl who says "Mommy I found something" every time a dinosaur comes into view, even if it’s the same dinosaur she saw 2 seconds ago. I’m sure this will be removed in the final game, but maybe it could have been taken out of the demo as well.

Extra points to Trespasser for having the bitterest, most uninterested guy demoing it. I’m I big fan of bitter, but c’mon man, if the game sucks at least pretend to be excited about it."
http://www.oldmanmurray.com/longreviews/726.html

Lol, and playing this E3 demo we can tell he wasn't exaggerating too much (except for the lost world girl quote thing). Guess the presenter didn't care much for the game either, lol.
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

TheIdiot wrote:
Been looking through these a bit. 5 minutes into PH and I turned a raptor into a ball by hitting it in the head with a rock and suddenly Anne started spinning around sideways :lol:
Hey, hppav's back! How's it been?
Somehow missed this post :lol: Not the best unfortunately. Had taken in a roommate for a month. Pretty much cut off the living room by being asleep all the time so I couldn't access my computer, then had the annoying tendency of expecting me to buy all the real food while he spent all his money on junk food. Ended up kicking him out for doing drugs out back, didn't want to risk losing the apartment just because of someone I barely know that my wife worked with... Kinda put me behind on bills and such. But I'm going back to school in January finally to go and become a mechanic so we'll see how that goes.
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos