Trespasser E3?

Discuss early Trespasser builds and all other early Trespasser stuff here! Discover more amazing stuff about the game!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Deadeyeguy_45
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Re: Trespasser E3?

Post by Deadeyeguy_45 »

TheIdiot wrote:
tatu wrote:3. IJ, PV and TestScene.
I find it ironic that it appears as if PV was one of the first levels to reach a presentable state, only for it to be cut from the game. I wonder why this decision was made?

Anyway, that looks awesome! I honestly had my doubts about the brown Raptor existing, but there it is, clear as day. Is there a possible release date on this? Does this version of IJ include the Blighted Forest or Swamp? And are there any other specific differences you've noticed so far?

I think PV was cut because the puzzle with the power plant was too difficult, along with some of the puzzles being nearly impossible with the physics engine and whatnot.
In 2012, I was abused by a Weird Al lookalike. :nerd: :cry:
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

Yeah, PV was apparently cut because of technical issues. Maybe they never had the time to complete all the script for the geo plant?

This E3 version is the same as the one seen in the E3 videos and images, so I guess that is the Swamp? And there are some differences. But the most interesting thing in this package for me is the PH level. We were always told it was cut early but it seems very far in development to me. I will let you guys discover and post the findings instead of me telling you ;)

I will release them today!
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Slugger »

Wow, PH is included? :) And the green rex, from the screens you posted onto the Facebook group!

Looking forward to playing this!

What's the version on the engine?
0066521C: 'Cannot create local swap file - Is Trespasser installed??',0Ah,0
"Cold lino was the driving force behind world power!"
tatu

Post by tatu »

E3 is 1.0.22.0
PCGamer is 1.0.32.0 :)

Yeah, the green Trex is there. Sadly in low quality, but I guess they never made a high quality one (it is single textured like the Para in the 96 build).

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
MikeTheRaptor

Post by MikeTheRaptor »

This is so cool :mrgreen:
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Hi, Mike! How's it going?
"Supreme Lurker", indeed...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

tatu wrote:Yeah, PV was apparently cut because of technical issues. Maybe they never had the time to complete all the script for the geo plant?

This E3 version is the same as the one seen in the E3 videos and images, so I guess that is the Swamp? And there are some differences. But the most interesting thing in this package for me is the PH level. We were always told it was cut early but it seems very far in development to me. I will let you guys discover and post the findings instead of me telling you ;)
THIS HAS PH, TOO? *dies* Now all we need is Plains and we will have almost all of the missing content...
I will release them today!
*dies again*
tatu

Post by tatu »

TheIdiot wrote:
tatu wrote:Yeah, PV was apparently cut because of technical issues. Maybe they never had the time to complete all the script for the geo plant?

THIS HAS PH, TOO? *dies* Now all we need is Plains and we will have almost all of the missing content...
Yep! And soon to come in a TresEd friendly version!

Plains are the only missing level to make them all complete. From what we know, and based on what we've seen. JR, IJ, part of IT, part of PV and beginning of AS1 have had huge terrain overhauls. Other than the PL level, I would be interested in an earlier version of BE, cause I would bet it had a more open terrain at some point (both JR and IJ had that).

hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

Been looking through these a bit. 5 minutes into PH and I turned a raptor into a ball by hitting it in the head with a rock and suddenly Anne started spinning around sideways :lol:

IJ is immense. Almost an entirely different level. JR reminds me of the levels that I never finished :sick: . Looking at PV in TresEd since I can't seem to get it up in engine right now.... but wow it has the
Spoiler: show
humvee, missing the front driver and rear passenger doors but easy fix
! No power pylons but the hill by the plant is flattened and the stream is properly aligned. Then there's the huge island off where PV would meet the Harbor gate. That's interesting.
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
tatu

Post by tatu »

Yep!
And by the Humvee there are 2 crowbars. Also check the Mayan location. Take a look where the "T" symbol was in b96 PV ;)

TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Been looking through these a bit. 5 minutes into PH and I turned a raptor into a ball by hitting it in the head with a rock and suddenly Anne started spinning around sideways :lol:
Hey, hppav's back! How's it been?
IJ is immense. Almost an entirely different level. JR reminds me of the levels that I never finished :sick: . Looking at PV in TresEd since I can't seem to get it up in engine right now.... but wow it has the
! No power pylons but the hill by the plant is flattened and the stream is properly aligned. Then there's the huge island off where PV would meet the Harbor gate. That's interesting.
:o Can't wait to see this...me and Draco have been debating the original layout of IJ in PM so it will be interesting to see if we were at all right.

Perhaps run GUIApp on PV to see what's causing the crashes?
JR, IJ, part of IT, part of PV and beginning of AS1 have had huge terrain overhauls. Other than the PL level, I would be interested in an earlier version of BE, cause I would bet it had a more open terrain at some point (both JR and IJ had that).
I can assure you that BE was at one point more open due to the fact that the terrain is extremely messily edited in places, especially around the retail level borders. It looks to me like the valley just off the road was at one point completely open right up to the mountains on either side in a similar style to the alpha JR. And it looks to me like AS2 did at one point have a more open layout as the terrain looks kind of strange at the northern end of the valleys - I bet that you were originally able to walk all the way down to the shore.
Deagles4life
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Deagles4life »

Where's the link to download? This is so bloody awesome I am so hyped to play the old cut content!
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Take a guess. Hint: well, it's a version from before the game was released for sale to the general public...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
tatu

Post by tatu »

Deagles4life wrote:Where's the link to download? This is so bloody awesome I am so hyped to play the old cut content!
In another topic ;)

masterchiefoo7
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by masterchiefoo7 »

This is so cool! I finally get to experience IJ in all it's glory. Seeing the Biosyn chopper crashed in it's "proper" place brings me a lot of joy. Thanks everyone!
Hammond: When they opened Disneyland in 1956, nothing worked!

Ian: Yeah, but when Pirates of the Caribbean breaks down, the pirates don't eat the tourists...

visit my website @ http://www.freewebs.com/masterchiefoo7