Video options menu glitches up

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

Bob_Mercury
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Video options menu glitches up

Post by Bob_Mercury »

I'd love to be able to run the game in Hardware mode but whenever I open the Video options menu, the graphics glitch up horribly and it looks like this
Help?
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Re: Video options menu glitches up

Post by TheIdiot »

Welcome aboard! :)

I get this problem too. However, it is still possible to navigate the menu while it is like this, so I would recommend simply struggling through it. It should be fine in-game if you can just get through the options menu (you'll never have to see it again afterward).

Also, what version of Trespasser are you using? Vanilla, ATX mod, or Custom Edition?
Shep
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Shep »

If you have a machine with xp then it will go away on that.
Oh, a Raptor got 'em!

Bob_Mercury
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Bob_Mercury »

TheIdiot wrote:Welcome aboard! :)

I get this problem too. However, it is still possible to navigate the menu while it is like this, so I would recommend simply struggling through it. It should be fine in-game if you can just get through the options menu (you'll never have to see it again afterward).

Also, what version of Trespasser are you using? Vanilla, ATX mod, or Custom Edition?
Hey, thanks for the welcome!
I'm using ATX because I can't get CE to work at all. What do I have to click in the video options menu to get hardware mode?
Shep wrote:If you have a machine with xp then it will go away on that.
Sadly I don't have a working XP machine anymore
Shep
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Shep »

Well, first you click on the little bar above the scrolling things in the options.
Oh, a Raptor got 'em!

Bob_Mercury
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Bob_Mercury »

Shep wrote:Well, first you click on the little bar above the scrolling things in the options.
Gotcha. Thanks!!
Bob_Mercury
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Bob_Mercury »

Ok, so with Hardware on, the framerate tanks until its essentially unplayable. Would CE help with this at all?
Shep
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Shep »

hmmm, I have noticed that also and it seems to be the new graphuics cards as I am told but on my same windows 8.1 machine I have windows cp pro x64 and it works AWESOME with it.
Oh, a Raptor got 'em!

Bob_Mercury
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Bob_Mercury »

Shep wrote:hmmm, I have noticed that also and it seems to be the new graphuics cards as I am told but on my same windows 8.1 machine I have windows cp pro x64 and it works AWESOME with it.
Aight, so you recommend playing it with hardware on XP?
Shep
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Shep »

I recommend xp, if you have it.
Oh, a Raptor got 'em!

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Welcome, to Jurassic World! 8)

If your CE issue is the one brought up in your other thread, it should/may be very easy to fix!
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Bob_Mercury wrote:Ok, so with Hardware on, the framerate tanks until its essentially unplayable. Would CE help with this at all?
Yes, that should fix it, as CE is capable of using D3D9, which almost all modern computers are compatible with. Presumably this will increase hardware compatibility - I find that CE gives me a huge FPS boost running in D3D9 mode, even with ReShade and in the most object-heavy level possible.
Aight, so you recommend playing it with hardware on XP?
This to me makes no difference. I've played Tres on XP, 7 and 10 without any issues pertaining to framerate, and used both ATX and CE on the latter two. It's definitely something more specific, perhaps your graphics card or the like.
Shep
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Shep »

I swear xp makes it better, I have windows 8.1 and I get this screen bug also and have the framerates go to shit when I see physics. On the same machine (I have a gtx 950) with the drivers installed running windows xp pro x64 edition I see this screen is fixed and no frame drops.
Oh, a Raptor got 'em!

TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Shep wrote:I swear xp makes it better, I have windows 8.1 and I get this screen bug also and have the framerates go to shit when I see physics. On the same machine (I have a gtx 950) with the drivers installed running windows xp pro x64 edition I see this screen is fixed and no frame drops.
Hmm. Strange. Perhaps it's a problem exclusive to Windows 8 (what ISN'T a problem on Win 8 :P )? I have a GTX 970, but skipped Windows 8, so I doubt it's a video card problem and more likely related to the operating system. Bob_Mercury, do you by chance run on 8..? Might be able to track down the problem if so.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

I would say Trespasser have problems with both the OS and the hardware. I have had problems on one of my old Laptops with Windows 7 where TresEd and Trespasser worked fine, while after a reinstall both had problems.

Now I have a Windows 10 Laptop and don't run into that much issues. I know CE have some problems with it. Not sure it is the OS or the Nvidia graphic card (950M), where I have to set "Enable10bitDisplay=True" to false in order for CE to work (it is on by default in the pre-made config). There is also the problem if you have two graphic cards, one integrated graphics card and on external. For me, when I update the external graphics card driver, I sometimes have to go into the graphic card settings and make sure TresEd and Trespasser uses the Nvidia card and not the integrated one (the settings for some programs usually resets when updating).
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."