Random JPDS Stuff

Released! - Discuss progress and updates on the biggest Trespasser level endeavor ever, JPDS - a dark Tres mod by Draco and co.

Moderators: scallenger, JPDS Team

tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Random JPDS Stuff

Post by tatu »

I've been going through my old Trespasser files lately and came across some files from JPDS. Most stuff is probably crap but I will share some stuff anyway.

First thing is these unused logs planned to be in the EA level:

Andre's_Personal_Log01:

Code: Select all

Monday, (Date?? probably late 80s - very early 90s)
I swear to it. John Hammond is better suited to be the head of a children's museum than that of a research facility, much less the CEO of the company owning the world's largest genetics laboratory. His pet Sandra might as well join him, too. Head of the ape exhibit. Yet again at the weekly meeting this morning, my recommendations for new specimens to be cloned were all rejected. Hammond is... of the opinion that my selections do not "represent InGen's intentions and interests." Then WHAT, might I ask, are InGen's intentions and interests?? Certainly not to utilize this facility to its fullest ability and purpose, much less scientific progress in the rapidly growing field and industry of bioengineering. He seems to think it his job to ensure that the specimens on display are all 'clean' and 'happy.' He doesn't seem to realize that most of the DNA we get is too deteriorated to produce viable embryos, even with the amphibian sequence caps. We must attempt to clone every species for which we have a full enough genetic make-up. As such, I am seriously beginning to consider something I have long debated doing: cloning certain rejected specimens in secret. This will be made somewhat difficult by Sandra's ever-watchful eye over the entire Embryonics Administration. If I am to be successful, I must gather others from the various departments here who feel as I do about the restrictions placed on our work. Only then can I ensure secrecy of operation...
Andre's_Personal_Log02:

(two weeks after previous log)
My plan is going well. As I anticipated, my acquaintance Greg Hoffman from the CIS department full-heartedly agrees with my sentiments, and will carry out necessary actions to conceal data regarding the covert business I plan to carry out. I was confident he would see things my way before I even confronted him on the matter... programmers like himself are always being held down by the foolish ideas and requirements of their employers who do not understand the nature and inner workings of what they are trying to accomplish. Thus, I knew Greg was already quite familiar with my attitudes and opinion of the Administration. I have been actively seeking others, as well, who would join us and aid in our cause. It is a very tricky process, for even the slightest false step may alert those loyal to Sandra and her lot about our plans. I approach prospective members by asking them simple, non-suggestive questions like "What do you think of Dr. Warring's new proposal?" or "Do you think Sandra will go along with Hammond's latest plan?" After a satisfactory response, I move on to more suggestive questions, such as "Why do you think they limit our work so much?" or "Don't you wish we could limit Hammond's absolute authority?" With these sorts of questions and others, I gauge the individual's potential commitment to our cause, and then decide whether to fully recruit them. Other than Greg, I've recruited six others, and have at least four others in mind to question. So far, all is well.
Andre's_Personal_Log03:

(1 month later)
Our numbers have grown considerably. If I had known this many InGen employees were so keen on disobeying Hammond's directives, I would have organized this rogue band of scientists over a year ago. It just goes to show how well authority structures can suppress the minds and opinions of the many. With as many in our ranks as we have now, we have relatively little trouble in concealing our operation. We've already begun planning our first secretly cloned specimen. Rather than starting as I had first planned in a way to minimize negative effects if we are discovered, I've decided to begin with the species I have desired most to clone - Spinosaurus aegyptiacus. In InGen's third year of operation, an amber deposit in Egypt was discovered and excavated, revealing plentiful samples for our use. One of the genetic sequences found resembles our successful Baryonyx specimen closely enough that I believe it must be the sailed dinosaur discovered in Niger, Egypt, 1912. The few bones recovered of Spinosaurus suggest it could be the largest carnivore ever to have lived, however these fossils were in the Deutsches Museum and completely destroyed by Allied bombing in 1944. The recreation of this magnificent creature would be invaluable to us all.
Andre's_Personal_Log04:

All continues to go according to plan. We have successfully hidden all documents pertaining to our work in password-protected files which only trusted members can get into. Actually, at last week's meeting, a name for our group was proposed by one of the recent, more enthusiastic members. He said that we should call ourselves the "Rogue Faction", seeing as how we are somewhat renegades among the employees of InGen. Where he got "faction" from is beyond me. InGen has never been divided into faction-like entities. None the less, the vast majority of our numbers have embraced the new name, such that it would seem to be official without my consent or approval. Not that it matters much, but I should take this as a forewarning to what our lot may do if not kept in check by some set of rules and proper hierarchy. I'll be looking into this soon. It was also my concern that having a name could make our activities more trackable, but it's too late to worry about that now... As far as the spinosaurus goes, version 1 has been completed. We plan to use the auxiliary lab room so as to not draw attention. This will be our most risky business yet, but I am confident it will run smoothly at this point. Sandra can't be watching EVERYTHING that goes on here, after all...
Andre's_Personal_Log05:

We are now ready for version 2.1 of the spino embryo. After careful consideration, I have decided on some additional modifications that will be made to the genome. I believe the code is now stable enough to support them, but just to be safe, I will be implementing them one at a time. This time, I will be intensifying expression of the gene I believe is responsible for aggression in most dinosaurs. It has occurred to me that, when we are able to present the fruits of our labor to paleontologists, they will be having certain... expectations. One of the more recent theories of well-known paleontologists on the spinosaurus is that it was generally a ferocious carnivore, dominating all other predators of its time and capable of such in times before and since. Thus, my reasoning is that prospective scientists will pay more money for a spino which better matches their preconceptions. Previous theories on the spino, which many still hold to, suggest that he was merely a fish-eater, like our Baryonyx, of monstrous size. Scientists who still hold this theory are not near as likely to become future business partners with us. I am therefore implementing the enhanced aggression to ensure that the latter theory will not hold true for any of our successful specimens. I am holding off further modifications until we have achieved satisfactory lifespan-mortality rates.
Andre's_Personal_Log06:

Version 2.7 is showing promise. Specimens now survive one to two weeks, sometimes more. Hatchlings are being kept and fed in locked rooms to avoid notice, to which only the animal handlers among us and I have the keys. We've labeled such rooms with signs saying that they are either private studies or the site of sensitive experiments. The perfect excuse at any research facility; works every time. Sometimes we must take special measures to keep them quiet, since they are capable of making quite a bit of noise, but so far it hasn't posed a serious problem. Muzzles work nicely. Yesterday, I decided it was time to enact my next genetic experiment with version 2.8. Rather than an actual genome modification, my plan this time is to breed both male and female embryos. The purpose of this is two-fold: for one, I think it's obvious the male specimens will make better use of the enhanced aggression; for another, we have yet to clone ANY male specimens here at InGen and it is a test that must be carried out for informational purposes that could benefit all of our cloning techniques. I look forward to witnessing the results.
Jrnl000_(Unknown):

It has now been 24 hours since the evacuation order was given. Still no contact with Kurt since he left with the others. If there is no word from him after another 24 hours, we are to enact plan B and send another operative out in the emergency boat. We must discover who Dennis Nedry's secret employer was and attempt to make contact. If our plan fails, our ability to maintain operations here will be in serious jepardy.
Jrnl001_(Unknown):

Contact with Kurt has finally come, now 42 hours after the evac. order. Success! He has discovered the identity of Nedry's contact, and learned from him that the company he worked for was BioSyn Corp, as Andre suspected. He has arranged a radio conference between Andre and BioSyn's CEO, Jeff Rossiter, tomorrow at 1300 hours to discuss our plan and terms of agreement. With luck, all will go according to plan...

I also found this, which seems to be something that I should have released many years ago by the look at "readme".

these documents are my final release to Trespasser and TresCom. essential bits of plot and story regarding what was left untold in the story of JPDS as it was released. some of this is present in the opened private forum but much of it isn't. the board room scene is entirely Mike's work, made entirely out of his own inspiration from reading my plot outlines. have fun and keep dreaming.

~Draconisaurus
11/24/11
JPDS_Writing.7z
(13.97 KiB) Downloaded 1111 times

JPDS was planned to have a totally different menu than the shipping version had.
JPDS_main menu1.jpg
JPDS_main menu1.jpg (207.87 KiB) Viewed 14290 times

As most might know, the JPDS logo saw a few changes during the years.
jpdsnewlogo018qn.jpg
jpdsnewlogo018qn.jpg (224.26 KiB) Viewed 14290 times
JPDSLogo.jpg
JPDSLogo.jpg (294.65 KiB) Viewed 14290 times
JPDSnewlogo03.png
JPDSnewlogo03.png (601.96 KiB) Viewed 14290 times

And if anyone is interested, here is the original Aviary Entrance in its Studio Max format.
AviaryEntrance01-1.7z
(155.43 KiB) Downloaded 1107 times
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Re: Random JPDS Stuff

Post by TheIdiot »

Huh, cool stuff. The complete history of JPDS is just as much of a mystery to me as the history of Trespasser itself, and every time something comes up about it I get all excited. :P Though I do believe I've seen most of this before somewhere else...not sure where.
tatu

Post by tatu »

TheIdiot wrote:Huh, cool stuff. The complete history of JPDS is just as much of a mystery to me as the history of Trespasser itself, and every time something comes up about it I get all excited. :P Though I do believe I've seen most of this before somewhere else...not sure where.
All stuff planned and written about JPDS can be found in this sub-forum. The old locked sub-forum only for the JPDS-team was unlocked and integrated into this one. The only way to get the full history would be if Draco would sit down and write it, but that's a thing in the past. :P
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Blapeuh
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Post by Blapeuh »

cool design idea!
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Thanks Tatu. :) These text files are available in my Tres File Box, including Mike's board room scene which isn't shown here. Not sure if I had the logos anywhere.
tatu wrote:The only way to get the full history would be if Draco would sit down and write it, but that's a thing in the past. :P
:lol: Don't really feel like doing that.. Sounds fun though.. I'm sure I've forgotten several things over the years..

Aw heck, here's the brief version.

Spring 2014: Got my first Windows computer (grew up on Macs)
Summer 2014: Random Google search turned up image of JP toys used as storytelling mechanism; joined JP toys and amassed tons more JP toys than I had kept from my childhood.
Autumn (?) 2014: JPXTom, JPtoys.com forum member, posted about TC~Isle. Introduced me to MPPiper. Was inspired to use my 3D graphics capabilities for interactive world creation. File-transfered Trespasser over dial-up one archive at a time while playing the demo w/out sound. Toyed around with ideas for levels.
December 2014: First post about JPDS. Spinosaur was to be the main dino.
(?): Slowly recruited more members to the JPDS Team. Slowly learned how to mod Tres. Terrain scale was biggest ever seen.
(?): Lots of development, slowly over time... Carried out several side-projects along the way; got to experience releasing new Tres content and what was involved with finishing a Tres project.
(?): Got interested in primitive skills (*hears machf groan in the background*), decided at some point to move to Portland in the Summer of 2011, giving a solid deadline for JPDS's completion.
2011: With the dedicated help of Tatu, released JPDS as planned, sorely missing the central plot of Tasha's exploration of the Embryonics Administration and what the Rogue Faction had been doing there (to say nothing of the planned content for JPDS2 and 3).

Ta-daa! Might write a longer description sometime...
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

2014? Are you sure you don't mean 2004?
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

machf wrote:2014? Are you sure you don't mean 2004?
I think (or at least hope) he does. Unless Draco has a time machine.
2011: With the dedicated help of Tatu, released JPDS as planned, sorely missing the central plot of Tasha's exploration of the Embryonics Administration and what the Rogue Faction had been doing there (to say nothing of the planned content for JPDS2 and 3).
Damn, if only that had come to fruition...what you described in JPDS2 and 3 was some of the coolest stuff we would ever have seen in Tres. Of course, if it had taken the same time that JPDS1 took you, we wouldn't see DS2 until about 2020, and DS3 would be around 2028. Not that I would have a problem with that kind of wait. 8)
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Haha, yeah. And yes I meant 2004 - my bad.

You know, making a JP3 Aviary in Tres still sounds pretty cool. Might do it sometime. Have to wait a long time to save up money for a new laptop...