Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

New E3 Preview Images Found!

Post by tatu »

I was digging through some old games magazines to try to find old Trespasser articles, and I came across this.

I don't believe I have seen most of these anywhere. And I do believe they give a more picture how far the had gotten in the summer of '98. Also, there are way more pictures of the brown raptor.
TresE3Demo.png
TresE3Demo.png (2.64 MiB) Viewed 19655 times
Here are a download of the article. I recommend looking at it, since there are a few concept arts there (one with the old Humvee with a raptor on it, and one of the crashed helicopter). Sadly they are faded in the background.

https://app.box.com/s/gbd4waxr7wi7yoipvzmqbfg6hf6dzfjv
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Vesiapina
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Re: New E3 Preview Images Found!

Post by Vesiapina »

Thank you Tatu so much for sharing these! Now because of this I started googling and found this from youtube: E3 1998 Gamers Point VHS Video (Trade Show Video). Watch from 1:17:04 --> You'll love it! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=377fEyJ8lvU.
With Trespasser, you can!
tatu

Post by tatu »

Vesiapina wrote:Thank you Tatu so much for sharing these! Now because of this I started googling and found this from youtube: E3 1998 Gamers Point VHS Video (Trade Show Video). Watch from 1:17:04 --> You'll love it! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=377fEyJ8lvU.
OMG! So awesome!

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

Holy shit - two times :o Some should get a copy of that VHS tape and have it transferred to DVD...

Edit: Was the flower just some object you could knock over? :P Or maybe it was scripted to 'let go' when grabbed? Also, is that the .45 in the last image?
Vesiapina
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Vesiapina »

Also, did you notice what color Anne's shirt is? :)
With Trespasser, you can!
tatu

Post by tatu »

And, look how the triceratops moves its tail in the fight.

machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Wow, this is great. And just when last night I decide to go to bed early... this happens to me every time someone finds something! :wink:
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Hilwo wrote:Holy shit - two times :o Some should get a copy of that VHS tape and have it transferred to DVD...
No need to do that, since the video has already been digitized and uploaded to YouTube. It's enough to download it.

This other one supposedly has Trespasser footage too, I haven't looked at it yet (it's 3 hours long):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugYtWnwtkiI
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

machf wrote:Wow, this is great. And just when last night I decide to go to bed early... this happens to me every time someone finds something! :wink:
Maybe if you go to bed early more often an E3 demo will pop up - just sayin' :lol:
machf wrote:No need to do that, since the video has already been digitized and uploaded to YouTube. It's enough to download it.
True, but if we'd rip it ourselves, quality might be better than what's on YouTube right now?
machf wrote:This other one supposedly has Trespasser footage too, I haven't looked at it yet (it's 3 hours long):
Dunno, isn't that one Nintendo 64 and Playstation only?
tatu

Post by tatu »

Hilwo wrote:
machf wrote:No need to do that, since the video has already been digitized and uploaded to YouTube. It's enough to download it.
True, but if we'd rip it ourselves, quality might be better than what's on YouTube right now?
Sadly I believe that this will be the best quality we will get.
Hilwo wrote:
machf wrote:This other one supposedly has Trespasser footage too, I haven't looked at it yet (it's 3 hours long):
Dunno, isn't that one Nintendo 64 and Playstation only?
Yeah, the description say its Sega, PS1 and N64 only.

tatu

Post by tatu »

Here is another one I found in Computer Gaming World. Kinda like it. Btw, one new lab image. Nothing new really, other than they have as more than once, just paste in a raptor lol.
CGW_Aug1998.png
CGW_Aug1998.png (711.26 KiB) Viewed 19596 times

machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

tatu wrote:
Hilwo wrote: Dunno, isn't that one Nintendo 64 and Playstation only?
Yeah, the description say its Sega, PS1 and N64 only.
Watch at 02:40:30 approximately...

It says "PC CD/ Win9X: KEIN PLATZ mehr, Rest siehe Kassettencover.", so I did (there's a link to the scan at the top), and there it mentioned Trespasser. Sadly, it's no gameplay, just the trailer video.
Click on Image
(Click on thumbnail for full size)
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

BTW, in the past I had been looking at E3 1998 videos searching for Trespasser footage and wasn't successful, these must be newly uploaded. We should be on the look for Comdex Fall 1997 videos too...
Fenris
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Post by Fenris »

Well... that's a pretty good Find you two, Vesiapina, no wonder you wanted me to see this... Has anyone spoke to the youtuber about where he got the footage and if he might have a better res?
Asjad
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by Asjad »

Woww nice image find!

Referring to the E3 1998 video, for those of you wanting to go straight to the Trespasser action, fast forward to 1:17:05! Quoting the time, as the footage on Trespasser is only a few seconds!