Ingen Water treatment plant (beta testing-in progress)

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: Ingen Water treatment plant (beta testing-in progress)

Post by machf »

General Kenobi wrote:Good news everyone!
I've finally gotten around to getting my old computer going, and amazingly it still works. I was able to get the main files for this level onto a CD, and I will be uploading them as soon as I can.
Those are good news, indeed.
The bad news. Since my old computer is so old, it runs slower then the raptors in Trespasser. It freezes starting TresEd, So I can't modify the level anymore. So it will be releases "as is" so if it doesn't work on so peoples versions. I'm sorry. Hopefully you can see it in TresEd, and see where I was going with it.
Also everyone feel free to try and fix it, as a I can't do much on my new Computer. I haven't tried installing Trespasser on it yet but I assume that it wouldn't work as its an old game.
Oh, it will work. Have you tried Trespasser CE? From last year?
Maybe as a community we can fix it enough to make it playable.
And to anyone who dose get it to run, Please post screen shots of you playing and enjoying my level. Especially any Easter eggs you find as I have a lot of them in this level.
Thank you all for waiting so long.
No, thank you...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
mleise
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by mleise »

machf wrote:
General Kenobi wrote: Maybe as a community we can fix it enough to make it playable.
And to anyone who dose get it to run, Please post screen shots of you playing and enjoying my level. Especially any Easter eggs you find as I have a lot of them in this level.
Thank you all for waiting so long.
No, thank you...
Lol. Short and painless.
So ... does it start at all in Trespasser? Did you publish a download link, Kenobi?
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Just to clear things up, I didn't mean it as a "no, thanks" but as "thank YOU, rather".
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
mleise
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by mleise »

Ah, I read it as "Maybe as a community we can fix it enough to make it playable." - "No, thanks. :-|", while you meant it as "Thank you all for waiting so long." - "No, I thank you for working on this!"
Shame on me. I like the level of detail and the overgrown walls as well as the under water parts. I'd really like to take a look at it if it is playable, but not so much if I had to fix it up first.
Imagine this level with an overhauled engine like it has been done for Quake. With shadows cast by everything, more physically correct fog and proper underwater rendering. :)
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

Um, I tend to take things literally sometimes and read it as a "No thanks" either :P
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

Yes, I would like to see this, workable or not, if it can be edited with existing editors. Please post a link to it.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

General Kenobi, have you tried looking at the level in GUIApp? When you open it up, GUIApp will give you error messages concerning most of the larger problems in your level that TresEd won't pick up. If GUIApp gives an error and then crashes, the problem usually stems from whatever the previous message concerns. You might be able to fix your level that way.

Hopefully you can get it fixed, otherwise I'm sure someone else would be more than willing to take a look at it and fix it, myself included. I'm still quite excited for WTP - the level looks very interesting to me, and I'd hate to see it trashed after all this time. :)
General Kenobi
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by General Kenobi »

Sorry for the long wait everyone. I got the files for the WTP on my new computer. I just need to upload them. Anyone have a good website to do that?
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

General Kenobi wrote:Sorry for the long wait everyone. I got the files for the WTP on my new computer. I just need to upload them. Anyone have a good website to do that?
I assume that putting it on trescom is a little premature, considering it isn't functional as of yet. The pics always intrigued me though. Loading issues are generally related to either a swp/pid error (eg. missing texture, mipmap mismatch, etc) if it breaks just before or the split second loadup occurs, or sometimes a bad terrain edit can do it. That's assuming, of course, that you haven't caught any scripting errors that tresed or guiapp may have spit out.
TrespasserGuy
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by TrespasserGuy »

General Kenobi wrote:Sorry for the long wait everyone. I got the files for the WTP on my new computer. I just need to upload them. Anyone have a good website to do that?
MediaFire and DropBox are two good file holding sites, General. Maybe you can check there. :) All you need to do for MediaFire is sign up, I believe.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

Where did the download link go? And the posts after it?
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Uh-oh... something's wrong with the server. Posts are disappearing and old posts appear as unread...
TrespasserGuy
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by TrespasserGuy »

Don't worry guys! I saved the file before the server acted out. I've uploaded it to Mediafire so tatu, you can download it.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/diw85 ... GenWTP.zip

I don't think General Kenobi will mind. It's just a mirror of the file. :)
tatu
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

TrespasserGuy wrote:Don't worry guys! I saved the file before the server acted out. I've uploaded it to Mediafire so tatu, you can download it.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/diw85 ... GenWTP.zip

I don't think General Kenobi will mind. It's just a mirror of the file. :)
Thanks! Gamefront don't allow IPs from Sweden to download from there anyway.

Hilwo sent it to me. Is it released, because I read somewhere that it didn't work in-game and he wanted someone to fix it? (Hilwo however got it to work in-game).
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
TrespasserGuy
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by TrespasserGuy »

It works fine in CE, although it does tend to crash once you're in the Water Treatment Plant itself. When you go up the Operation Center's steps, that's where it crashes. I don't think its truly released yet, but I could try to fix up the level if General Kenobi wants.