Does anyone have the original programs?

List your programs here (game-related or other software).

Moderators: scallenger, Rebel, madppiper, TresCom Support Team

mleise
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Re: Does anyone have the original programs?

Post by mleise »

Bryankd2015 wrote:as it is difficult to tell what version the source code is, I want to see if it can be compiled to work, then we will know if it works. It seems to be pretty buggy. I want to get what I can of the lost levels, and the retail levels and restore them to a full version game.
The source code version is in [url=file://C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Bryan/Desktop/jp2_pc/jp2_pc/Source/gblinc/version.hpp]Source\gblinc\version.hpp[/url]:

Code: Select all

#define BUILD_NUM       116
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

Well, I am sorry I didnt know that. I had been told that nobody knew the version number, but I went in with the information you provided and took a screen shot of the file.

If you can tell me anything else from this file I would be greatful.
Attachments
source version number.bmp
source version number.bmp (3.66 MiB) Viewed 12582 times
mleise
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by mleise »

Ok, your jp2_pc.zip file is the same as the one circulating on the internet, so you are "up to date" with that source code.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Yep, that definitely appears to be the case... same dates and everything.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

ok great.. now if I can get some help to get the guiapp running, it might help me to get some of my levels up, as I know other stuff is on them, but the palette was changed for some unknown reason, and it is why there appears to be nothing on those green levels.

In the code of those "empty placeholder" levels I got it shows various objects paced and moved, but it also says the palette information was corrupted. The models have disappeared with a mono palette, so thinking the original guiapp with the other tools in the source might help repair these. Please I am asking for help to get these treasures up and running for all to see.
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

Check out the following screen shot.. look to the right, this was one of the files opened in vs97, and clearly shows that objects are in the level, but bring it up even in tres ed and it is completely flat and green.
Attachments
objects in a shell level.bmp
objects in a shell level.bmp (3.66 MiB) Viewed 12577 times
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

I think the latest release of Trespasser CE includes a working version of GUIapp...

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10674
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

no.. I just downloaded and opened it up. It is not there, but I am sure I can get it somewhere.. am still working on the programming of those levels I got... and I found a few problems I am working on.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Look at the bottom of page 33 on that topic, there you can find it...
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

great.. I found 2 downloads there and they both worked.. I will check them out. Am I missing something if I edit a retail level and it no longer loads in game at all.. fatal error, kicks the game off completely. I still cannot load the level, it works in tres ed, but not in game.

The download.. ya that was exactly what I needed thank you.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Well, editing the retail levels tends to cause that, it seems they were barely held together with some spit and glue...

Suggestion: always use GeomAdd to copy the level with a new name, and work on the copy.
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

well not having a problem now, since started using the guiapp
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

I should note that the devs actually modified their levels in Studio Max, and GUIApp were more a software where they tested the levels, and tried out various settings. It is NOT an level editor since you can't really do much editing and save them.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

Since using the guiapp, the files I got along with the source code open up, and there are models in the basement of those files, I am using the guiapp to export the models out, albeit 1 by 1 and loading the edited levels from tresed in, for it to say what errors are there and I can fix them that way, as I know where to go. I have yet to get one release level edited and be able to play in game.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Hmmm... if you can open with GUIapp levels that wouldn't open with TresEd or Trespasser, then I'd suggest you take screenshots of whatever is in there. And while you have them opened in GUIapp, also export the terrain as a .TRI file (Settings->Terrain->Export triangulation, then select the .WTD file) and post it here...

I'm guessing the reason those don't load in Trespasser may be the lack of a player mesh...