Trespassing - A Trespasser Remake / Re-Telling

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

DrShaw
Triceratops
Triceratops

Re: Trespassing - A Trespasser Remake / Re-Telling

Post by DrShaw »

Dang. I was waiting until it be done but life simply got in the way. Well then....What is the PV curse?
~Dr.Shaw

We are tressers by heart like Anne. John made his dream come true as well as mine.
We trespass on his dream and to see the forgotten world that once was alive 65 million years ago now touchable. Who...dares to come trespass....?
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Most attempts at recreating the Pine Valley level from what we knew from screenshots etc. (before getting the actual level in the Beta 96) ended up being abandoned...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
DrShaw
Triceratops
Triceratops

Post by DrShaw »

Oh! The Pine Valley level from the beta 96 which I have played before. Extremely buggy though but very cool.
~Dr.Shaw

We are tressers by heart like Anne. John made his dream come true as well as mine.
We trespass on his dream and to see the forgotten world that once was alive 65 million years ago now touchable. Who...dares to come trespass....?
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Yes, for years it was known only from pre-release screenshots and videos (and then, some of them turned out to be from other test/demo levels). More than one person attempted to make their own version of what Pine Valley might have looked like, starting from the demo level, which had been identified as a modified/simplified version of Pine Valley. But none was ever finished, hence, jokingly, the "curse" was born...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Heheh, my understanding is that the PV Curse also applies to PV's having not been released in the retail game (the genesis being around there). Made worse by the fact that PV was one of the signature levels of the game prior to its release.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

Draconisaurus wrote:Heheh, my understanding is that the PV Curse also applies to PV's having not been released in the retail game (the genesis being around there). Made worse by the fact that PV was one of the signature levels of the game prior to its release.
And the first working level to work according to Seamus Blackly (don't count the puzzles, I think he means level to work in-game) :D
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
DrShaw
Triceratops
Triceratops

Post by DrShaw »

The first working level in-game? Wow. What a waste to drop it whole.
~Dr.Shaw

tatu

Post by tatu »

DrShaw wrote:The first working level in-game? Wow. What a waste to drop it whole.
There were too many puzzle-bugs I believe and no time to fix it. Also, a few buildings were not done.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
DrShaw
Triceratops
Triceratops

Post by DrShaw »

I notice. To bad that they didn't have the time and due to there major budget problem. Well they did what they could do.
~Dr.Shaw

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

tatu wrote:
Draconisaurus wrote:Heheh, my understanding is that the PV Curse also applies to PV's having not been released in the retail game (the genesis being around there). Made worse by the fact that PV was one of the signature levels of the game prior to its release.
And the first working level to work according to Seamus Blackly (don't count the puzzles, I think he means level to work in-game) :D
Hey that's cool! Tatu, The Walking Trespasser Library.
barrett_g
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by barrett_g »

Sooo.... The this mod is dead?
Blapeuh
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Post by Blapeuh »

barrett_g
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by barrett_g »

Good deal! I hope he ignores some of the naysayers and continues on with the good work!
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sh8mNjeuyV4[/youtube]

It's not dead!
Nicolas
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Nicolas »

It looks s13n1 still works on the project when he has some time free.I can understand with him completely as real life sadly stops us from doing what we really want to do.Game developers that work on their dream game are really lucky people.When you have to pay for the food ,rent and have also people depending on you for that stuff things get really difficult.
In any case this guy still works on his dream and also he did a nice upgrade to him system so maybe in the future we will see more amazing stuff !!
Keep on your dream s13n1 !