Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Trespasser dream again...

Post by Draconisaurus »

This one was really cool. I distinctly recall an area enclosed by some kind of fence, with a small trailer or building off to the side. I played it multiple times and recall getting feedback from different member's experience of the level. The coolest thing was that the guns were all cockable... I remember these rear six-sided protrusions sticking out the back that had to be pulled back and shoved back in in order to load ammo. Pretty neat!!! I also remember a dream from a month or two ago where I was wandering in a NEW area of the original game, maybe some kind of newly discovered ancient beta, with new houses and lots of movable objects inside buildings... and I think some detachable building pieces too. It's pretty awesome what the dreamscape can offer up as far as Trespasser goes... I wish I could create Tres levels for people's dreams for them to have fun in. Damn! Maybe in the distant future that'll be possible, hehe..
MikeTheRaptor
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Re: Trespasser dream again...

Post by MikeTheRaptor »

Interesting! I have Trespasser dreams every now and then myself.

I recall one where the entire game was modded to have a horror theme and there were all these supernatural creatures, haunted houses, etc. It was modded to be multiplayer.

In another, you could play though a version of the game with 3 or 4 other people. At the end of the it, you had to escape the island with scuba gear. I distinctly remember there not being enough gear, and one player got left behind.
SpyroGuy
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Post by SpyroGuy »

MikeTheRaptor wrote:Interesting! At the end of the it, you had to escape the island with scuba gear. I distinctly remember there not being enough gear, and one player got left behind.
I assume you were playing JP: The Game during the previous day? :D

I'm having dreams like this as well, not Trespasser related though, but yeah they are definitely the "alpha/beta leak related stuff". :)
MikeTheRaptor

Post by MikeTheRaptor »

Actually - if anything inspired that dream, it was TresCom's level, where you take the elevator down into a tunnel and use scuba gear to escape through an underwater cave. I suppose Telltale's JP game did have a section like that though, didn't they!
SpyroGuy
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Post by SpyroGuy »

Your assumption is valid. :)
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

*several months later* ooooo Mike that's cool. Yeah, I like to think there is a whole section of the Dreamtime just for us Trespassers, to live out the levels we could never build. I suppose there's a whole section for digital games that it falls into.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Had another cool dream. Earlier there had been some matter of getting my old Jurassic Park toys back from the places I had sold them to... Then I was inside some kind of big Jurassic Park facility, watching an elevator go downwards from somewhere above it. Sam/hppav was noticing something special about the elevator, how the sides were moving at an unusual rate compared to the elevator. Looked pretty cool. Then I was looking at the floors it was going to and noticed a really cool corridor with a texture featuring a classic Jurassic Park raptor, sort of emanating Jurassic-Park-ness. I was trying to show it to Sam... Then there was something about a classic gray-and-red JP Jeep caught at the bottom of the elevator shaft, and I was going to show that to Sam as well, but apparently he'd already discovered it and was using a partially-complete model of it for something. That's pretty much all I remember!
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

*digs up old thread*

Yay for JP and Tres dreams. Had one recently where I was in a Tres environment of some kind, like a clustered abandoned-town setting. I was both appreciating the work, going around and scoping it out, and assisting in its creation somehow... I found myself at a location in which dynamite needed to be placed to complete a puzzle, and found myself in hesitant argument with TheIdiot over the details of its placement, worried that things would go awry... (I have a personal history with the TC Isle dynamite puzzle not running at the right ASA speed, lol.) Along with this there was some interaction with the ancient Mayan god/spirit known as Apuch, one of the lords of the Mayan underworld of Xibalba (he happens to be my favorite dude there). He looks across between a purple skeleton and a modern rendition of an interdimensional alien. Words from wise-sounding natives were being spoken. After this, the dream actually its own sort of "end credits sequence," where the camera was following a familiar-looking street while a classic riverbed-looking terrain-edit-mode operation was carving itself along the ground as the camera flew forward. There was a school along the way for some reason. I take it to be a dream about learning new things to do with Trespasser.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

I found myself at a location in which dynamite needed to be placed to complete a puzzle, and found myself in hesitant argument with TheIdiot over the details of its placement, worried that things would go awry... (I have a personal history with the TC Isle dynamite puzzle not running at the right ASA speed, lol.)
:lol: Glad that your sub-concious percieves me as a detail-nazi. On a somewhat related note, I didn't even realize that was an ASA animation at all.
I take it to be a dream about learning new things to do with Trespasser.
Well, with Fall Lodge underway, I'd say you're already doing something new. Your mention of a clustered town environment interests me, however, as that is something we haven't really seen much of in Tres, other than hppav's Town level.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Indeed, the exploding boards are powered by ASA animation paths.

Fall Lodge.. got pumped on an energy drink yesterday and conjured up 450 triggers for the scripted mini-game mechanics. It goes well 8)

Hmmm, a clustered Tres town with dynamite blowing stuff up... Might just work that into a level sometime.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

..And another one.

After some mostly forgotten matters with an ex-crush of mine, I find myself yet again going back to school. The class is about 8 people, plus a teacher I don't quite recognize. This time the subject is - how to make a Trespasser level! The teacher evidently does know something about the subject but is clearly less familiar with it than me and does a shit job of teaching the students how to do it. He asks questions of the class; answers are given, which I deem to be pretty poor answers. Finally he gives us our level-building assignment, to build tc~river (the tag-on tiny placeholder level which originally followed tc~isle, for those who don't remember). It's a little confusing.. we are each given a copy of tc~river to use, and have to make the original tc~river out of it. Confusing. So the class gets into into groups of two (I'm reminded of pairings at a Magic the Gathering cardgame tournament); I find a dude I remember from elementary school who I'm entirely indifferent towards and ask to be his partner, and he agrees. We get inside the level and I can say after the fact that it looks rather like the opening area of my MayanCity0, though mostly only in terms of terrain (I made that level a long time ago by reimporting tc~river terrain, scaled up, and adding a mountaintop descent in the corner). So we are standing there in the level, everyone else fairly clueless about what they're doing. At the top of this mountain-hill thing is.. maybe a mini hunters camp? With that classic TC broad-branching river tree from Isle, and I think a motorcycle and a tent. Anyway there's a bag with the laptop and things we're to be using, and I get our act together and start setting up on some gravel at the edge of the path. As I'm trying to set up, an ingame enemy turns up, which was apparently expected. Makes it seem like "build tc~river" is not what was actually going on. Since we've only just started I have no weapons handy to snuff the enemy, who.. looks like a green humanoid dinosaur in a brimmed hat and trenchcoat. He's standing their all comfy in his knowing of how unsuccessful we will-be/are-being. I'm having none of it and take a piece of cardboard from somewhere and do my best to shove it inside his face, twisting it, trying for a dirty solution by mutilating his face. I can tell in the dream I'm subconsciously aware that this shouldn't work but proceed anyway. The green dino dude stands their becoming sorely discomforted... and the dream ends.
tatu

Post by tatu »

...and when will we see this level? ;)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

In your dreams!
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Damn, all these days I've kept forgetting to comment here...

Some days ago I found a terrain that closely resembles the one in my dreams about being amidst dinosaurs in a Trespasser-like environment, I'll take some time to do something with it... fortunately I still remember the layout in my dream.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

You "found a terrain"? Based on dreams that he... heh... "found on the internet"