InGen Town v15N (June 11, 1998) & v15R (June 15, 1998)

Discuss early Trespasser builds and all other early Trespasser stuff here! Discover more amazing stuff about the game!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

InGen Town v15N (June 11, 1998) & v15R (June 15, 1998)

Post by tatu »

"Playable" versions of the InGen Town v15N (June 11, 1998) & v15R (June 15, 1998).

Note 1: Even if these are playable in-game, they are very unstable. Be prepared for crashes. Best to be viewed in TresEd.

Note 2: Due to different scales between these and b96/retail, these levels are not recommended to use for fan levels without being experienced.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/2a9rcajy6 ... ne_1998.7z (46MB)

Usage instruction: Copy the files in the folder "Base Files" to your Trespasser data folder. Then pick which version you want to look at.

Please note that these does not contain the max file (will be released later), or the Anne version used. The Anne version used can be found in the Jungle Road topic, and she was located at the same location Anne is in these levels.

I will let my tester give you some more information.

Have great fun. :D
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: InGen Town v15N (June 11, 1998) & v15R (June 15, 1998)

Post by machf »

Well,let's take a look at these and see what we've got...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

Lots of little cool things in there, I'll have to take a more detailed look later. I did see a few new models here and there.
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

I was lucky enough to get a sneak preview and test the levels for Marcus, so I've already
gotten an extensive look at the scenery. Once again Marcus, thank you :wink: It's been a blast
to revisit Burroughs not once, but twice! :) All my findings are listed below, so beware of
MAJOR SPOILERS if you want to take a look for yourself first!

INGEN TOWN - IT_015_Nfull
Spoiler: show
The other Town exits, obviously.

The sewer entrance is blocked by a grate (Grate01-00). This is mentioned in the ’97 walkthrough.

The outer gate to Hammond’s mansion (though missing) has bolts next to it (S1bolts01-00). The wall
left of the opening (when looking at the mansion) is hollow. It’s possible developers planned on a
sliding door?

There is a huge dining table in Hammond’s house (PHammondDinTabl00-00), no textures.

Hammond’s bed and night table are moved into the corner. Hammond’s revolver is floating near the
bedroom entrance, but its height position is a perfect match for the night table drawer. A phone
has also been added on the floor near the night table.

Hammond’s office has the same leather chair found in Wu’s house in the beta build 96 version of the
game. Also, the desk has drawers. Interestingly, one of the drawers features a second (though
identically looking) floppy disk. It may have been a duplicate (it’s also placed in the secret
compartment), or maybe the diary dialogue was (planned?) to be split over several disks at some
point.

The tour buses have opened doors.

No 'frame-versions' of bungalows are found in this version of the level. The 'foundation-versions'
are all in place, I think.

Four bungalows not found in the retail or beta can be found in this version of the level. Two
are near the barracks, one is left of the church. The fourth one is located near the tour bus
at Wu's house. Also, the barracks has been moved a lot closer to the Ops Centre in the retail
version.

One of the bungalows has an intact InGen mug lying on the floor (PInGenMug-00).

The InGen lab plaza is not (yet?) used at the Burroughs statue. Instead, the ‘dirt rings’ seen among
the mystery models are used.

The whiteboard is located at the front doors of the Church instead of inside the Ops Centre.

The bar in the saloon has a bar lid.

The InGeneral store features fallen over displays, the refrigerators have doors (no glass) and the
floor texture of the storage room has a different floor texture that seems to include a hatch. I
think it's a texture of one of the boarded up windows, though.

There is a dented grate (not textured) inside the Generator building that matches the opening on
the back of the building.

One of the window openings of the café has broken glass (not textured) in it (SCafeBrkGlsA-00).
Broken glass (as far as I know) was previously only seen in the flood control building at the dam
and images of the plantation house and of one of the geothermal plant structures in Pine Valley.
Additionally, the toilet with lid can be found in the café bathroom.

There is a bike parked behind the gas station.

There are two jeeps parked at the Ops Centre.

There is a different version of the security computer (not textured) found in the basement
(PSectyTryRRoom-00). The keycards (not textured) also look different. They look more like game
cartridges that are placed in the computer in a similar matter to how cartridges are put in old
gaming consoles such as the Sega Mega Drive or Super NES.

There is a tire iron (not textured) located in the basement (PTireIron00-00).

There is also a batch of ‘regular’ shaped keycards (not textured) in the basement. One of them is
called PtkeycardHB00-00. The grey keycard found in the TestScene marked 'HB' has the exact same
name (thanks Tatu!). Maybe ‘Hammond bolts’? Just a (very) wild guess, though.
INGEN TOWN – IT_015_Rfull
This version adds the frame-versions of the bungalows, along with eight more of them that were
eventually removed.

Two metal folding chairs placed at the trailer construction site and two more around some of the
bungalows.

Three damaged metal cot frames placed around some of the bungalows and a fourth one just outside the
barracks.

The bike behind the gas station has been removed.

The two jeeps at the Ops Centre have been removed.

I think a lot more trash cans and dumpsters have been added, at Wu's house and the bungalows.
enigma
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by enigma »

Is that mirror in the downstairs bathroom and the fusebox in the small boiler room new?
tatu

Post by tatu »

enigma wrote:Is that mirror in the downstairs bathroom and the fusebox in the small boiler room new?
The fusebox can be found in the beta, not sure about the mirror tho.
Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Slugger »

I like how expansive this older version of the town in.
0066521C: 'Cannot create local swap file - Is Trespasser installed??',0Ah,0
"Cold lino was the driving force behind world power!"
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

enigma wrote:Is that mirror in the downstairs bathroom and the fusebox in the small boiler room new?
Sweet! I've never seen that mirror before 8)

EDIT:
Here is it:
tatu

Post by tatu »

Hilwo wrote:
Sweet! I've never seen that mirror before 8)
The mirror is not b96 or retail, but the textures are left. Nice find.
tatu

Post by tatu »

I might add, even if it's not such a huge detail that the first version v15N had magnets for the dumpsters, however they couldn't be exported to TPM and I didn't bother adding them myself.

And I want to make another note, mainly for those who doesn't have or know anything about Studio Max, and is curious about if there is anything else in the Studio Max files: Yes there is. The Max files contains the script to some objects, these have however, been added to the playable levels, exactly as found in the Max scene. Another thing is that the crates was placed on big rectangles, which had some information on where they were going to be used:
--------------------------- "!Burnt Crates" ---------------------------------
For use in fire-damaged areas. Some have lids, some don't.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------- "!Smuggler Crate" ---------------------------------
Box marked 'Bogota.' Used at the wrecked plane in the Plains.
If we have any other smuggler corpses or areas it makes sense, it can be
used there.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------- "!Geoplant Movable" ---------------------------------
A movable crate from Standard Dynamics (supplier of geothermal plant parts).
Could also make sense at construction sites.

--------------------------- "!Geoplant Immovable" ---------------------------------
Big immovable crates from Reykjavik Steam and Standard Dynamics for
use at the harbor or geothermal plant.

--------------------------- "!Construction Immovable" ---------------------------------
Immovable crates from Portland Construction.

--------------------------- "!Construction Movable" ---------------------------------
Movable crates from Portland Construction.
Good for use at construction sites.

--------------------------- "!InGen Immovable" ---------------------------------
Boxes marked InGen which are immovable.
These will never move, ever, so use accordingly.

--------------------------- "!InGen Anywhere" ---------------------------------
Boxes marked InGen and boxes with no markings. Use these anywhere at all.

--------------------------- "!Lab/Plant Immovable" ---------------------------------
Big, immovable crates from Precision Instruments for use at the harbor
or maybe at the lab.

--------------------------- "!Harbor Broken Lids" ---------------------------------
Broken crate lids from Lindstradt, Carson Industries, and Victory Enterprises.
These companies make guns. Put these pieces with guns in the harbor
warehouses or elsewhere it makes sense to have broken-open shipping
containers.

--------------------------- "!Lab Movable" ---------------------------------
Movable crates from Precision Instruments, Jonestown labs, and Millipore plastics,
for use at the lab or at the harbor, ready to go to the lab.

--------------------------- "!High Tech Crates" ---------------------------------
The yellow crate and the two-part hollow equipment boxes.
Use in high-tech areas, or occasionally at construction sites.

--------------------------- "!Town Movable" ---------------------------------
Movable crates from South Seas media and Bulk Foods for use around
the town.
I love how you start in these versions.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

tatu wrote:I might add, even if it's not such a huge detail that the first version v15N had magnets for the dumpsters, however they couldn't be exported to TPM and I didn't bother adding them myself.
That's odd... I've had no problems exporting magnets.
And I want to make another note, mainly for those who doesn't have or know anything about Studio Max,
And for those who do know 3DS Max, what? :wink:
and is curious about if there is anything else in the Studio Max files: Yes there is. The Max files contains the script to some objects, these have however, been added to the playable levels, exactly as found in the Max scene. Another thing is that the crates was placed on big rectangles, which had some information on where they were going to be used:
Interesting...

I love how you start in these versions.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
tatu

Post by tatu »

A few other finds (I only compared to b96):
- Shelfs behind the saloon counter
- 2 Cylinder added in Hammonds fuse box room
- No actually bookshelfs at the ladder as in b96
- Drawers for Wu's bureau

About all the keycards and pass:
PtkeycardSG00-00 - South gate?
PtkeycardHG00-00 - Hammonds gate?
Ptkeycard1Mn00-00 - Muldoon?
PtkeycardHS00-00 - Hammonds study?
PtkeycardSec00-00 - Security...?
PtkeycardTM00-00 - Tim Murphy?
PtkeycardASec00-00 - Security...?
PtkeycardHB00-00 - Hammonds Bolts (as Hilwo suggested)?
PManagersOfficePass-00 - Room in church?
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

tatu wrote: Please note that these does not contain the max file (will be released later),
So, how much later is that?
tatu

Post by tatu »

machf wrote:
tatu wrote: Please note that these does not contain the max file (will be released later),
So, how much later is that?
I didn't make that a priority due to the lack of response about the level, didn't seem that too many was interested. Will have it uploaded within 24h for you.
RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by RexHunter99 »

I'm always following stuff, I just lurk a lot more now since Im so busy with full time work.
~ They told me humans weren't real... I proved them wrong.
ImageAnthropology ~ A beautiful tale.
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!