Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

TheXenomorph1
Parasaurus
Parasaurus
Antispam: No

T-Rex Movie Sounds TPA File

Post by TheXenomorph1 »

I felt that the sounds of the dinosaurs in Trespasser was "unfaithful" to the movies. I mean, their sound effect were not the same with those from the other games/movies! This, my first 'mod', will change the (used) T-Rex sound files in the Effects.tpa with those taken right from the first film. Since I'm an impatient guy, I will NOT upload the modified Effects.tpa file. Instead I will upload a ZIP file containing those sound clips. But no matter, if you have the tools to do it you can insert the files to your Effects.tpa.
Download it here (yes, I hosted it in MediaFire instead of FilePlanet): -- http://www.mediafire.com/?zccm27566n734i7

Enjoy.
Last edited by TheXenomorph1 on Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:53 am, edited 4 times in total.
I am an AVP fan, but also a Jurassic Park fan.
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Re: T-Rex Movie Sounds TPA File

Post by Second Illiteration »

Yeah the game didn't have clearance to use the movie sounds...which is funny because now a days you can hear those sounds all over.

I also did a swap of the sounds after capturing and isolating various vocals from the 3 films in order to replace the T Rex and Raptor sounds
TheXenomorph1
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by TheXenomorph1 »

Second Illiteration wrote:Yeah the game didn't have clearance to use the movie sounds...which is funny because now a days you can hear those sounds all over.

I also did a swap of the sounds after capturing and isolating various vocals from the 3 films in order to replace the T Rex and Raptor sounds
Yeah, I quite agreed. I mean they don't 'strike' people who uploaded the sound clips all over YouTube, etc. :lol: The game also don't have permission to use the movie soundtracks, so they have Bill Brown to do the job. Hell, I'm expecting Michael Giacchino to do it (because he composed all DreamWorks-made JP games, except Trespasser of course).
jetblack
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by jetblack »

Oh wow, this is actually really cool, I've been looking for a way to use the movie sounds. This is certainly going to be helpful, thank you!
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

Could you please write the name of the sounds that you imported? It's not possible to use them if we don't know what names to use in TresEd (or are they the same as the Trespasser ones?)

And one suggestion would be to upload all the sounds individual. If you're going to use them in your level you have to extract them and then import them into your own TPA file, and that takes some time. Same goes to the Raptor TPA.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

I guess the idea is to place them where needed so that they will just override the sounds in the retail TPAs. No need to extract them...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
TheXenomorph1
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by TheXenomorph1 »

Okay, it has come to my concern that some people may have difficulties with the TPA files, so I'm updating it. I'll be adding sounds from The Lost World and Jurassic Park III, too. If possible, other games.