Complete Music Cross-Reference Document

Discuss and analyze Bill Brown’s score for Trespasser.

Moderators: scallenger, TresCom Board Managers

LtSten
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
Antispam: No

Complete Music Cross-Reference Document

Post by LtSten »

Note: Updated 29/8/11

When I was making my Anne/Hammond audio tracks (similar to JT, see sig), I found that the whole variety of names each track had, from its name in Scall's soundtrack, to its tpa name, and its block number, its given name when extracting from stream.tpa, quite complex and confusing. There are many documents out there which contain information regarding which track is equal to which one in the stream.tpa, and such, however as far as I'm aware, no "master" reference between all of them.

In light of this, I decided to collate this information into a single spreadsheet for easy use of the music, depending on what you have stored on your computer, when and how you use it in levels, etc. The spreadsheet (linked below in a .zip containing it in .ods (recommended), .pdf (recommended) and .xls (a port from .ods -- seeing as Excel doesn't like setting custom page sizes)) contains each piece of music's title in Bill Brown's OST, the block number and its title in the retail stream.tpa, the block number and its title in the b96 stream.tpa, and its title in Scall's soundtrack, including information about its length, and where it's used in-game.

I know this would have been a really useful reference for me when I was doing my audio projects, so it can probably be of some use, purely for reference or otherwise, to the community. :)

As far as I'm aware, everything's correct, however I haven't checked by ear any of the tracks - I've relied on previous documentation; all I've done here is collate the information into one source. The original sources are credited at the bottom of the document.

Download link [v1.1] (mediafire.com, 80kb)
If you can't download it for any reason, let me know and I'll try and sort it.

As mentioned in the document, if there are any errors, or if you have problems with opening anything (the pdf should be fine for everybody, as long as you can read them), let me know via this profile.

Changelist:
1.1 - Fixed "Beach Ambient" (versions with and without vo of girl were mixed up), and added Scallenger's latest soundtrack listing.
Last edited by LtSten on Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bringing TPA CRCs up the well, amongst other file format adventures.
Blender 3.0 TPM Plugin [Project GitHub]
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Re: Complete Music Cross-Reference Document

Post by tatu »

This is really great, as I already told you. However, I must ask, what does "UCTML" stand for? :P
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
LtSten
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by LtSten »

It's the title, in the top-left. :P "Ultimate Complete Trespasser Music List"
tatu

Post by tatu »

Oh, Hehe :D
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
scallenger

Post by scallenger »

This is great! I once had a list like this with my old version! However, why on Earth did you use my old version on your list? Why not use my newest version (and final, unless Bill finds more music) on my site instead?
LtSten
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by LtSten »

Unless I'm being exceptionally ignorant (which I probably am :P), the names used on, at least, your site are the same as the names of Bill's release? (the list on your site seems identical to Bill's namings?)

If there is something about your new namings which are different, I'll happily modify this to fit! :)
scallenger

Post by scallenger »

The track list presented on my site is for MY version, not Bill's. Bill Brown's Promotional Soundtrack has less tracks than my complete edit, which is the one you can download below:

http://jplegacy.org/scallenger/TresSound-BillBrown.zip

The following one is my edit, which the track list shown on my site matches up to. My version tried to be in chrono order to the game and I also added tracks that were not in Bill's promo (some of which I am surprised weren't).

http://jplegacy.org/scallenger/TresSound-Complete.zip

Not sure why you have my old soundtrack version in the doc, heh. ;)
LtSten
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by LtSten »

I still use your old version; I prefer the listings, but mainly because I'm used to associating those names with those tracks now. ;)
Thanks for those zips Scall, I've got some time around now so I'll try and update them soon...
LtSten
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by LtSten »

Righto, updated the document, and the first post... Should be all fine, any errors or changes, let me know.
I appreciate the feedback Scall! :)