Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Road Warrior
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
Antispam: No

New Project

Post by Road Warrior »

Hello everyone,

You all might remember that I had previously been working on a series of vehicles from the Lost World film and that I lost everything due to a hard drive failure....

Well I am back and I am going to be doing something a little bit different. Now, this will be sort of an evolving project,... I'm not really sure where I am going with this or how much time I can even devote to it. That being said; just know that updates will come when they can. When I have the time and when work allows.

What you see is pretty self explanatory. General "small scale" construction implements and items that "can" be associated with the Beach level. (And other potential future ones)

These items include(in no particular order)
portable work light
pallet
saw horse
cement block
concrete mix bag
wheel barrow
personal cooler
Styrofoam cup
empty paint can
I-Beam
empty cable spool
2x4 (3 lengths)
empty fuel drum
dented empty drum
oil barrel
full cable spool
scaffold
large crate (open and closed version)
small crate (open and closed version)
ladder
D5g dozer
D5g dozer variant with forestry roll bar

I wouldn't strictly consider these models to be Trespasser type low poly models as they have slightly more geometry, but, they are bases for future things, and honestly they are low poly models to me as I am used to higher poly work. Rest assured, though, that these models could be used in-game. The D5g variant is JUST over 2000 polies. I can shave a few off to get in down under the target range of 2k but I may go the route of splitting the model in half (the upper portion with blade and the bottom track area as separate entities) so that I can make the most accurate representation as possible.

If you look over the images you will have noticed that I have am rectifying a pet-peeve of mine. I f***ing HATE 6 sided cylinders!!! I can not stress that enough.:)

Sorry, I would give more info ATM but I will be more clear headed when this damn headache goes away.

I will try to answer any questions you guys may have but please bare with the potential slow progress of this thing....

Later,
Road Warrior
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: New Project

Post by machf »

I see your ladder is right at the limit of using 11 physics subobjects. Technically, it should be 12, but weird things happen when you grab an object with 12 physics subobjects.

And 6-sided cylinders are good for Trespasser, as they keep the polycount low. You should just take advantage of normal maps to make them appear more curved...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Road Warrior
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Road Warrior »

Ah, I see what you mean(I think). I am in no way well-versed in these sort of things. Does 11 physics sub-objects loosely translate into "grabbable" areas?
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

If you don't specifically attach any "grab magnet" to an object, Anne (or the Player character) will just grab it any way she/he/it can... in the case of your ladder, 9 rungs+2 sides=11 cuboids to which you can assign solid subobjects.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Road Warrior
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Road Warrior »

I see. Thanks for the info machf.
Road Warrior
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Road Warrior »

More experimentation.....more aimlessness.

Raptor3873
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Raptor3873 »

Looks promising, looking forward to more. :)
I like Trespasser, but Operation Genesis is byfar the superior video game.
Road Warrior
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Road Warrior »

Thank you.

Replaced the Date Palm and added more detail to almost everything else. This is NOT really a diorama - I just have all the assets arranged for rendering purposes. I might do a "foundations for beach resort" type thing later on but there are a few things left to model. I really enjoyed modeling the dozer - great fun. It now even sports individual track links. I wanted to make the cab area as realistic as possible but unfortunately I can not find adequate references of the area. I have another dozer in mind to complement the D5g. More construction vehicles to come when time allows. But for now more renders. Renders of a different sort.

And one for fun..:)
Road Warrior
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Road Warrior »

Quiet around here...................................

A VERY quick vignette with the D5G.

Blapeuh
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Post by Blapeuh »

Nice scene. The palm trees remind me in some way of those Lego ones :)
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

Nice shots, the one 'for fun' looks spooky :)
Road Warrior
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Road Warrior »

Sorry for the lack of updates, folks. It's just work, work, work, and more work here on my end. This is not forgotten at all.:)
Road Warrior
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Road Warrior »

Been real busy with things but I have took a whack at this.

This is a quick build of a 2001 jeep Cherokee sport. The body is very low-poly as I modeled it just to test various RL equipment, gear, and things. The reason for this is because I am building a real version of the particular vehicle as time and money allows. This test model allows me to switch out parts and add-ons to see what works and "looks the part" and also allows me to see what pieces I that I do already have in my possession will need to be modified.
Road Warrior
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Road Warrior »

Been busy with (too many things to go into here) so instead of going into detail of my real world jeep build(see above), I have began to think about the workers village. Just started this and if I'm honest I could use all the reference I can get. So any help here would be great. All I really have are some things blocked out.

Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

That is some very nice work. I hope you find the time to continue onward.