Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Road Warrior
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
Antispam: No

Re: New Project

Post by Road Warrior »

Thanks Rebel. I just long for more free time nowadays.

Please critique and tell me what to fix and/or adjust. I have only worked on the Kiln House and a little bit on the Boarding House. Any good images that deal with the geothermal piping would be most appreciated.

Hope to gather some steam(pun partially intended)soon to make progress on the Ops Center.

ALSO, I just switched to imgur for my image hosting needs. Anyone know how I do clickable thumbnails?
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

I think it's done with the [rimg] tags? Looking very nice, by the way 8)
Brachio
Triceratops
Triceratops

Post by Brachio »

I'll have to collect all my pics from my study on the screen used outpost/town. I'm pretty certain, however, that the area connecting the Tower to the Building is lower to the ground... that window to the lab that Sara bursts out of isn't that far off the ground maybe 4-5 feet to the 'roof.'

I have a ton of pics from Sliders where they use the set pretty extensively and during Daytime most of the time so a lot of easier to see.

EDIT:

http://s33.photobucket.com/user/Brachio ... lidersFilm

That should link you to my album of the pics I took.

Which, makes me think maybe you got the height right. Probably Spielbergs damn low shots made it seem lower than the door to the tower which was closer in the foreground.

As for the GeoThermal tubes, here's a panoramic of sorts:

hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

Here's a thread with loads of references of the town:
viewtopic.php?f=144&t=9224

I'm pretty sure Brachio's set of Sliders images are higher quality as mine were taken from a TV rip on some TV episode streaming site. :lol:
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
Brachio
Triceratops
Triceratops

Post by Brachio »

hehe. I bought the season they used the set on DVD and watched the whole season so I could find every instance where you see it. I took screen caps but my program was messing up and inverting the colors (as you see in some of the pics). I can also go back and take more too if need be.

And yes! that's a good thread for it too.
Road Warrior
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Road Warrior »

Thanks all.
Hilwo, thanks will give that a look.

Brachio, these pics will prove most useful indeed.

Hppav, I have went through your threads many times and they have proven most useful. In fact this pic of yours got me started on the project. http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/6520/townbeta11.jpg

Progress..

Got some things to adjust and the big pipe-thing behind all that and this area is almost final.
Road Warrior
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Road Warrior »

So I started on blocking out the Ops Center. This image is sort of a teaser bwt.... As of now everything you see is one model. I will now began to break the thing up into the various buildings with a separate layer for ground clutter. This will help later with finalizing the scale and placement, among other things. And as always please feel free to throw any and all refs my way!:) I want to make this area the best I can. Comment, critique, complain, ect...

Last edited by Road Warrior on Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dracorex
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by Dracorex »

Don't forget Park Pedia has a vast wealth of images regarding the Worker Village: http://jurassicpark.wikia.com/wiki/Worker_Village
Road Warrior
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Road Warrior »

Thank you sir. That ^ is the first time I have ever seen that picture as a whole.:)
Dracorex
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by Dracorex »

You're welcome. :) I edited the picture together from the three separate ones myself.
Road Warrior
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Road Warrior »

Had today off work so I got a little bit done.
Dracorex
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by Dracorex »

Niiiice! Lookin very nice.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

First off I want to say, very nice modeling, Road Warrior. However I have noticed that your models are all very high poly for Tres. I believe Tres CE will give us some new upper limits in these regards but this is definitely pushing it. I would never personally expect Tres to handle such things, least ways not outside of a small test level. Your model in the RTJP thread was similarly over-poly; I'm afraid you may want to consider rethinking your strategy with regard to Trespasser asset creation. I am certain those trees on page 1 are a no-go. I even had trouble with my wollemi pines in JPDS which were far less detailed. No way should individual palm frond strands be modeled unless you are attempting to crash the engine or reduce speed to a crawl.

Your worker village is pretty nice. I wanted to point out that the roof of the Ops Center is supposed to be slanted downwards to the left and right. And an example here - things like railings should for the most part be textured for Tres.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Draconisaurus wrote:First off I want to say, very nice modeling, Road Warrior. However I have noticed that your models are all very high poly for Tres. I believe Tres CE will give us some new upper limits in these regards but this is definitely pushing it. I would never personally expect Tres to handle such things, least ways not outside of a small test level. Your model in the RTJP thread was similarly over-poly; I'm afraid you may want to consider rethinking your strategy with regard to Trespasser asset creation. I am certain those trees on page 1 are a no-go. I even had trouble with my wollemi pines in JPDS which were far less detailed. No way should individual palm frond strands be modeled unless you are attempting to crash the engine or reduce speed to a crawl.

Your worker village is pretty nice. I wanted to point out that the roof of the Ops Center is supposed to be slanted downwards to the left and right. And an example here - things like railings should for the most part be textured for Tres.
I, eh, don't think RW intends these to be used in Tres. And we already discussed the RTJP Lodge model a long time ago, what you saw was just a concept render.
Actually, RW, you still around? :P
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Eh.. That's not the impression I got.
Road Warrior wrote:I wouldn't strictly consider these models to be Trespasser type low poly models as they have slightly more geometry, but, they are bases for future things, and honestly they are low poly models to me as I am used to higher poly work. Rest assured, though, that these models could be used in-game.
That and he is posting this in the Tres level creation section, though that could be a mistake.