Trespassing - A Trespasser Remake / Re-Telling (Old topic)

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

madppiper
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Re: Trespassing - A Trespasser Remake / Re-Telling

Post by madppiper »

I would prefer to do a server-side resize rather than an css based one, since otherwise the original download size remains big. How about a mod like this? http://jerrywalsh.org/2009/automaticall ... -0409.html
Mickey
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Mickey »

madppiper wrote:I would prefer to do a server-side resize rather than an css based one, since otherwise the original download size remains big. How about a mod like this? http://jerrywalsh.org/2009/automaticall ... -0409.html
That a good one Paul, we do have the external image url resize in action. I take a look at it tonight :)
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Resizing them automatically during the upload process as some image hosting sites do? Hmmm... I vote for something that keeps a copy of the original too, just in case. Think of flickr with its multiple sizes... something like that.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Daveyploo
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Daveyploo »

I'll say hi too, and here's what im working on at the moment..

texture for the callbox you encounter on the 'jungle road' part...
Attachments
CALLBOX.jpg
CALLBOX.jpg (109.03 KiB) Viewed 9819 times
madppiper

Post by madppiper »

Hey Daveyploo,

looking really cool! Seems like the two of you make an excellent team. Let me know if you need anything, will you? Glad to be of support...
RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by RexHunter99 »

Some software that takes the original and makes a thumbnail would be good, you could have a timg tag that acts like a url with an img inside it where the url is the original size image and the img is the thumbnail :P

[ timg = http://myimage.image ] http://myimage-thumb.image [ /timg ]
~ They told me humans weren't real... I proved them wrong.
ImageAnthropology ~ A beautiful tale.
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!
s13n1
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-
Antispam: No

Post by s13n1 »

Looks great Dave.

You should post some renders of how that pickup truck is looking. The last render you sent me was pretty darn sweet!

Right now im working on the area between where the Plantation House was in the original JR and Cathy's beach. Just detailing the hill sides and adding rocks and other objects. Then i'm going to work on the secret valley and pretty much all of JR should be done, minus the EA area.

I'm not really sure what to do with the original Cathy's Beach, because the geography makes the area accessible to players, but i don't really want to have to detail all that beach area unless its of some use to the player, as its going to require a lot of vegetation and more resources I'd prefer to keep free to ensure the whole island can be made first.
cathysbeach.jpg
cathysbeach.jpg (362.14 KiB) Viewed 9799 times
I also don't want to just add a big unrealistic obstruction that stops players from walking around there, so i'm wondering if i should just make a big open beach area and then join it up with the top of the hill somewhere along the secret valley, to provide a really nice view of the island.
secretvalley_lookout.jpg
secretvalley_lookout.jpg (445.03 KiB) Viewed 9799 times
This lookout area could have a dead hunter with a weapon perhaps, and give players their first real view of the whole island.
RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by RexHunter99 »

Bolt-action hunting rifle with a scope and some scattered/ruined supplies for the hunter perhaps? Like he was scouting or had picked the high ground as a last stand.
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!
s13n1
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by s13n1 »

RexHunter99 wrote:Bolt-action hunting rifle with a scope and some scattered/ruined supplies for the hunter perhaps? Like he was scouting or had picked the high ground as a last stand.
Yeah that might be a good idea. Would make for a nice secret early on.

I dont think i ever posted a pic of this..

The Mayan Face.
mayan_face02.jpg
mayan_face02.jpg (388.59 KiB) Viewed 9790 times
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

Hauntingly eerie :)
RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by RexHunter99 »

I love it, a much better result than the original image it was based off.
EpicZen
s13n1
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by s13n1 »

I'd really love to do something with this skull. Its eyes lit up and glowing at night would be quite a sight!

I already have ideas for some puzzles and secrets involving the Mayan elements on the island. I'd like some hints left in some diaries that can be found in the old workers cottages about artifacts that were found and hidden. Little secondary missions that players can explore if they wish.

Something along the lines of collecting all of the Mayan artifacts and then returning them to an alter or site to have a secret location or item revealed.
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

That actually sounds pretty cool 8)
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
s13n1
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by s13n1 »

Im just writing up a description of how the game progresses from the Plains onwards. I wanna know what you guys think of it before i lock it in.

For a while ive been mentally planning the missions for the North end of the island, but ive never really been happy with the rather convenient path that Anne takes, performing each task in the correct order all the way to the mountain top. Now that i think about it, this actually gives players around 4-5 different paths to take, as there is a new road linking the start of pine valley to the mountain top and also the labs.

To freshen things up and prolong gameplay, I've decided to provide players two paths to take from the Plains, one being the regular path through Pine Valley, the other being a gate at the far end of the Plains, allowing players to proceed through the Ascent2 region.

There will be some security restrictions in place, meaning players will have to visit certain places first, but Annes primary objective since leaving the town, has been to reach the mountain top and try and call for help using the radio. Once players reach it and discover its not powered, they will then need to take steps in starting the geo plant, visiting the labs and rebooting the cray.

There will also be some back tracking to the town and also the EA buildings in JR. Players will get access to a vehicle somewhere in the North, allowing faster travel back to previous locations. The design of the island incorporates some obstacles that stop players from being able to drive absolutely everywhere though, but at least the wont have to walk for miles.

I still need to draw up a map of the North end of the island that better explains a lot if this, showing keycard and i.d locations along with their use etc, as it would be far to long to explain it all in writing.

Not sure when this will be ready, sometime this week though.
s13n1
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by s13n1 »

I'm still compiling all my info for my previous post. I always encounter things that need more work, so I'm just ironing a few things out and then I'll post it.

I've come up with a rather crude way of recording video. I set my camera tripod up in front of my monitor and record it using my phone or blackberry playbook. The quality is not great as you would expect, but it does mean that my system is not hit with a big performance drain from recording itself.

I'm going to play around with a few clips and try to put together a somewhat enjoyable video. Again though, no word on how far away it will be.

I don't really want to give too much away, so it will mainly consist of short panning shots, or scenic views of a particular area, shallow depth of field etc.

Its been a long time coming, I hope people are still keen to see some videos!