Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

kryptoraptor.blog
Parasaurus
Parasaurus
Antispam: No

Can you model this?+trigger help

Post by kryptoraptor.blog »

Can you move the handle of PMac10 to place where the bullet comes out, so it would look like this:

and another thing:
How to programm a triger like this: If Anne is carrying two objects:in this case edited PMac10 I want from you and a keycard, and if I press space, the Trike will be teleported to TeleTrike

thank you in advance
RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Re: Can you model this?+trigger help

Post by RexHunter99 »

Say what now?
~ They told me humans weren't real... I proved them wrong.
ImageAnthropology ~ A beautiful tale.
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Should be simple enough to model that, but why would you want that? Is it supposed to be a teleport device?
awesome24712
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by awesome24712 »

The trigger for teleporting would probably be just a CObjectTrigger, that activates when the "Mac-10" fires, with a FireExpression value that referneces to other triggers when you pick both of them up. That wouldn't safeguard against you dropping the keycard after you pick it up though.
Check out the HL2 mod I'm helping with: Image
Visit my Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/id/awesome24712/
Visit my YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/user/awesome24712

Post benchamrks:
1 [x] 2 [x] 4 [x] 8 [x] 16 [x] 32 [x] 64 [x] 128 [x] 256 [x] 512 [x] 1024 [ ] 2048 [ ] 4096 [ ] 9192 [ ]
kryptoraptor.blog
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Nick3069 wrote:Should be simple enough to model that, but why would you want that? Is it supposed to be a teleport device?
Actually it should be a dino holder from Dinosaur King

And there´s a new trigger efect i want from you. If the Anne´s hand moves near the keycard, the keycard will be teleported under the ground and the trigger will be activated. Once you activated all the triggers, and you will pick up the Dino Holder and press space, all dinosaurs(Para,RaptorC,TrexX,Trike, Steg,Albertasaur) will be teleported to their dests-TelePara, TeleRaptor, TeleRex, TeleTrike, TeleSteg, TeleAlbert.
The cards will be these:KartaTrike, KartaPara, KartaRaptor, KartaRex, KartaSteg, KartaAlbert
Last edited by kryptoraptor.blog on Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Use a boolean trigger, set it by default to false, then have a couple object triggers that, when you pick up the keycard, set the boolean trigger to true, and when you drop the keycard, set the boolean trigger to false. Then have another object trigger that checks whenever you use the other thingamabob, if the boolean trigger is true (meaning that you have picked up the keycard and haven't dropped it) activates the teleport action...
Now, the teleport destination is another matter...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
kryptoraptor.blog
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Sorry, but can you write a text I must write to the triggers to make it work?
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

The best you can do is read carefully the T-Script Reference and write the triggers yourself until you get the results you want, since more than one finds your wording confusing. Use whatever other objects are available to test the triggers (rocks, sticks, whatever).

Oh, and it should be a "Variable trigger" rather than a "boolean trigger", BTW...

I assume this is something like Pokemon, but with dinosaurs?
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Wait... you want to use the same thingamabob together with several different cards to summon different dinos?
I'd rather forget about the thingamabob and just use the cards themselves, you "use" them (as if firing a gun), then you have a delay (let's say, 10 seconds) during which you should throw the card away and after that interval, the dinosaur will be teleported on top of the card (so, if you're still holding the card in your hand, wou'll be crushed).
kryptoraptor.blog
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

I've got another idea. Attach a trigger to anne, so if there are both edited PMac10 and the card in the trigger, and you will press space, the dinosaur will be teleported. Can you just tell me how to attach a trigger to Anne?
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

I don't think you can...
You could go back to the original plan and have several triggers that check when you "use" the thingamabob whether you are carrying a certain card and teleport the corresponding dinosaur... but that still leaves the problem of the teleport destination. Unless you throw the thingamabob and use it as the destination with a delay as I suggested...
awesome24712
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by awesome24712 »

The best thing for you to do would be to learn how to make the triggers yourself. You can certainly ask for suggestions on how to make them; however, if we make them for you, then later you would just be running back to us, asking us to make another one. :)

Post benchamrks:
1 [x] 2 [x] 4 [x] 8 [x] 16 [x] 32 [x] 64 [x] 128 [x] 256 [x] 512 [x] 1024 [ ] 2048 [ ] 4096 [ ] 9192 [ ]
kryptoraptor.blog
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

OK, i will do the triggers, but i still need the model
awesome24712
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by awesome24712 »

kryptoraptor.blog wrote:OK, i will do the triggers, but i still need the model
Why does it have to be a Mac-10?

Post benchamrks:
kryptoraptor.blog
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Because its shape is nearest to the shape of an object i want. Also, I finished the trigger.