Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Re: Stargate

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hey Sam, I take it this didn't go anywhere after these posts? Really nice work... I don't suppose you could lend me the Milky-way Stargate model? ;)
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

*does voodoo necro post magic*

Sam. When you modeled the gateroom... What map did you use? There is a key feature of every map I have found which is inconsistent with your general shape of the gateroom. Oddly enough the difference seems better on your version... Though, the scales between rooms are inconsistent as well. Maybe your reference was from an angled photo? Just curious.
Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Slugger »

Dude...you like double-necro'ed...lol

Anyways, I think animating the gate would be where the .nut Squirrel code would really shine. In fact, I started re-doing my gate scripting to be a bit more modular / functional for use in the actual level, but never got around to finishing it. Doing the scripting at the .nut level would be much easier.
0066521C: 'Cannot create local swap file - Is Trespasser installed??',0Ah,0
"Cold lino was the driving force behind world power!"
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

What sort of method would NUT scripting use to animate the gate?

Small note... Sam's original images are down, below is a screen from the level. Stay tuned for an update..
Attachments
hppav's Milky-way Stargate in the SGC
hppav's Milky-way Stargate in the SGC
Stargate01.png (362.76 KiB) Viewed 5442 times
Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Slugger »

Draconisaurus wrote:What sort of method would NUT scripting use to animate the gate?
Well, since you can directly access all of the engine's functions, you wouldn't need to have any of that complicated moving blocks around to activate triggers. If you recall, my demo gate was sort of set up around functions: the player did some action, which teleported an object inside a set of triggers. These triggers were set to fire when that object entered, and did things like activate chevrons or reset the gate. This would all be ported over to the .nut files instead.
0066521C: 'Cannot create local swap file - Is Trespasser installed??',0Ah,0
"Cold lino was the driving force behind world power!"
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Update: I worked on Sam's model for a few days in 3DS Max and brought it as far as I'm going to for now beyond the state which he gave it to me in, using schematics I found online. Wu: "It's really not that difficult.." Used the schematic's own ruler to get the scale correct, and created appropriate physics for the whole thing. Am moving on to other creation priorities at the moment but consider this Step 2 in the creation of the SGC-centered future Stargate Trespasser mod.
Click on Image
(Click on thumbnail for full size)
Click on Image
(Click on thumbnail for full size)