Pine Valley Duplicate

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Re: Pine Valley Duplicate

Post by glitchhunter09 »

That's the texture I exported... Twice. The level still crashed.

Edit: Yep, still crashed. It's not reading the other texture for some reason even though it's in there. And it's not importing it. Wtf? and yes I have the replace existing instances thingy on. So, I dunno.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

Wierd. Could you upload the level (if you have a backup before the import), so I could see if I can figure it out?
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

Sure. I was trying to keep the build after the addition but I may need to reload the back up and try again.

Edit: Here it is: http://www.mediafire.com/?8xssbeqwsv19lh3
tatu

Post by tatu »

I'm not sure why it crashed for you. However, I imported the object and it works fine with Trespasser Twilight.

http://www.mediafire.com/?7edz4as1y80t07h
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

I hope you ported over the other parts of the Control Room it requires.

Edit: No wonder it worked for you Tatu, you forgot to port over the other parts that it requires to work. The Status board being one such thing. *facepalms* Actually, it's kind of my fault, I should have been more specific. You can't test it without the other parts of the control room. (well the status board mainly.)
tatu

Post by tatu »

glitchhunter09 wrote:I hope you ported over the other parts of the Control Room it requires.

Edit: No wonder it worked for you Tatu, you forgot to port over the other parts that it requires to work. The Status board being one such thing. *facepalms* Actually, it's kind of my fault, I should have been more specific. You can't test it without the other parts of the control room. (well the status board mainly.)
Oh I see. I will do that.

EDIT: Can't seem to find what's causese the crash. I even imported everything from the plant and it still crash, however. Since it's a huge puzzle there is many stuff that needs to be imported in order for the level to work proper. I suggest you import everything except the puzzles and the other objects in the plant and do that thing last.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Frankly, I still don't understand the purpose of all this, when it's much simpler to take the original level and work with it... all this time could have been better used creating your own level instead.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

It's so that PV's easier to modify mainly. Since both the Beta and Retail levels tend to be really volatile when edited. (more so than other levels.) Also, I thought it would be a fun learning experience to port data from one version of a level to another. But that's the lesser reason for it.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

glitchhunter09 wrote:It's so that PV's easier to modify mainly. Since both the Beta and Retail levels tend to be really volatile when edited. (more so than other levels.)
The problem is that some retail levels have errors in them (GeomAdd will report them). If you correct those errors, the levels work fine and can be edited further. My Pens level is based on the Lab, so I had to do just that.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

But importing new objects can create their own errors. I imported a few things into PV once and slowly it started corrupting each time I saved in TresEd until eventually it stopped working. Nothing was wrong either with the things I imported. I figured it was because editing the level slowly corrupts it in its natural state. Anyway, I've gone a bit too far to quit now. It would be a little silly to abandon this project now that I've started it. Though in the time I've been asking and waiting for help, I've been working on a sequel to my Labyrinth level. That sequel will be bigger, better, and probably crazier than the previous version. Plus I'll be able to spread out the AI a lot more.

However, this PV Duplicate's kind of just for fun mainly I guess. As I said earlier, I wanted to see if I could make an exact copy of a beta or retail level.