Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Road Warrior
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
Antispam: No

The Lost World/Trespasser Vehicle Series 1: Unimog

Post by Road Warrior »

Consider this a teaser of sorts. More info when I get home. Hope you like.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: The Lost World/Trespasser Vehicle Series 1: Unimog

Post by machf »

Nice...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
General Kenobi
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by General Kenobi »

awesome, what gave you the idea for the water tank one in the middle?
Road Warrior
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Road Warrior »

Thanks guys.

This is the first iteration of some inGen models I will be making. The second set will be the Safari jeep, (in progress) third will be the white utility trucks.. Then I may either do some buildings, model the Emily, or perhaps some construction vehicles and their possible truck/trailer. Im thinking that the rig in the swamp also pulled around a dozer or backhoe when it wasnt hauling fuel or water from the dock to the worker village(and elsewhere). So, yeah, there will be either some model of Peterbuilt or an 80's era Mack model R with a lowboy trailer with maybe a D6 dozer(?) but we will see...

I started with the Unimog as it is the most boxy in shape and would go the quickest. I don't do alot of low poly work- most of my stuff in WAY up there in the millions range so I find it difficult to hold my self back from making it more detailed as I have to fight with my brain over it....constantly.:) Oh, and doors are seperate objects.

Here is the poly counts...

Water tanker is 2692
Telescoping bed is 2810
Quad-Cab is 3130

Might look nice with textures?

General Kenobi...I was impressed with a certain water carrying vehicle I saw in a certain sigline.:) It is such a cool idea after all....
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

Looks really nice 8) But I should mention that the maximum polygon count for a single mesh is just over 2000 (I can never remember the exact number for the life of me, so I just keep each individual mesh below 2000). You can either try to trim some polygons or just split the mesh up into two meshes. Since it's a vehicle either one would be a good option.
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
Road Warrior
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Road Warrior »

Thanks for the headsup. I can certainly dispose of a few polies here and there but I think the best course of action would be to split the models in half as you sugested. Jeep version 1 is almost done- will be posting that soonish.
codemunk3y
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by codemunk3y »

Nice work :o

Can you explain why you've got the tailgate on all of them?
Road Warrior
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Road Warrior »

Certainly.

For one thing I was wanting to create the unimogs in a "complete" form; so I added all the bits that I thought were needed to portray that,....I can always remove items form the mesh. Secondly, I do not have reference pics of the backs of the vehicle varients. The quad-cab does have a tailgate in the Lost World so I added that. I figured the water-tanker would have a tailgate as well as it probably wouldnt carry the tank all the time(or maybe it would IDK) but it might carry hoses, pumps, and other equipment such as cans back there too and you don't want them to fall out. Now, I, personaly, don't see the tailgate being removed from the tanker as you would have to re-attach it if you were to perform other tanks with the truck. The telescoping bed has a hinged gate or removable gate that is either welded shut or the whole thing is one peice- I am tempted to remove it altogether but I will mull that over tonight. I just need reference pics....

I want to look them over closely and clean em up as I go. Perhaps take them to the next level...as I want to create proper tires. That will be version 2. These, though, being low-poly when cleaned up I will break them down into sections and if anyone wants to play with them (would love to see them textured) just let me know.

No work on the "InGen standard Safari vehicle" as long hours at work have got me beat ....am off in a few days so I hope to get the other versions of the jeep done. I have the one with the top almost finished. All it needs(pretty much) is a jerry can on the back and an axe on the right side.

Thanks by the way. I'm glad you like them.

Please if anyone has pics I can use feel free to post them in here. I have quite a bit of material but every bit counts.:)
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

Here's a nice link with some pics and info:
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/unimog/ ... imogs.html
Gives the specific model names of them, that should give you an idea of what to search for to get references... It also gives the fates of a few of them.

And Eurotech Services - the people who at one time owned the quad cab - claim this was used in the movie, but I haven't dug into the second movie as much as I have the first:
It does kinda match the description of what happened to that one quad cab in the link above.

And as for the safari vehicles in The Lost World, they were essentially modified Jeep Wrangler YJs, the same model as used in the first movie. The big clue is the dashboard.
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
codemunk3y
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by codemunk3y »

I can post some pics of some Australian Mogs if you want.
Road Warrior
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Road Warrior »

Thanks guys.

hppav- thank you for the info. I used to have that exact link favorited....not sure how or why it is gone from my list. So thanks!:)

codemunk3y- Sure that would be great. What I am particularly interested in is some clear shots of the frame/chassic. Alot of the pics arent that descriptive in that area- but any pics will help.
codemunk3y
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by codemunk3y »

Hi RW,

I had a look through my pics last night but I don't think I've got any of the frame. I'll try and get some of the pics up tonight, but I'm a bit busy at the moment packing up the house to move.

I don't believe the tailgate should be included in your models. The unimog operates on a flat bed tray setup, and the sites/tailgate are all removable. If something was put on the back- for instance the water tank, then the tailgate would have been removed. Otherwise it will swing around when you drive and you'll end up taking out your tail lights.
Road Warrior
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Road Warrior »

Thank you and point taken:). I will remove the one from the water-tanker and probably the hydraulic bed varient but the quad-cab one will remain as thats how it was on screen.
codemunk3y
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by codemunk3y »

Too easy, they are awesome models :)
awesome24712
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by awesome24712 »

These models look quite nice, but because I'm not a modeler that statement should mean nothing. :P
Check out the HL2 mod I'm helping with: Image
Visit my Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/id/awesome24712/
Visit my YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/user/awesome24712

Post benchamrks:
1 [x] 2 [x] 4 [x] 8 [x] 16 [x] 32 [x] 64 [x] 128 [x] 256 [x] 512 [x] 1024 [ ] 2048 [ ] 4096 [ ] 9192 [ ]