Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

kryptoraptor.blog
Parasaurus
Parasaurus
Antispam: No

My dino creations

Post by kryptoraptor.blog »

1. Jaguar raptor
It´s my first experiment in trespasser. It´s colored like a jaguar, because I like jaguars very much.
Next creation:WWD T.Rex
Here´s a preview

Sorry about my bad English, Im Czech
Attachments
Jaguari raptor 3.rar
(48.01 KiB) Downloaded 436 times
s13n1
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Re: My dino creations

Post by s13n1 »

I'm no skin expert, but i would suggest using the original Tribe C raptor skin as a base and use photoshop to blend out any unwanted detail, such as scales etc, and then blend in skin patterns from a real jaguar over the top. That way the raptors yellow skin will have all the shading you want, and will not have any alignment issues such as the one visible on the tail.

Another habit i always get into is taking the original source material and doubling it in size, then performing all modifications at double the resolution. That way, when the skin is downsized back to the original size, the details will be that little bit better. You need to be careful though of any artifacts caused by the size change, particularly if sharpening is used.

Texturing, particularly for characters and other models is much harder then for terrain and structures. I spent years modifying games original textures, then moved onto creating my own originals. Its often the best way to learn how to shade and tile correctly.

Practice and it doesn't take long!
awesome24712
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by awesome24712 »

Or, if you don't want to have to buy Photoshop, you can always use GIMP. Might not be as good as Photoshop, but it's free and it's still much better than MSPaint (or what looks like MSPaint).

But otherwise, nice work and I look forward to seeing more! As s13n1 said, practice makes perfect!
Check out the HL2 mod I'm helping with: Image
Visit my Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/id/awesome24712/
Visit my YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/user/awesome24712

Post benchamrks:
1 [x] 2 [x] 4 [x] 8 [x] 16 [x] 32 [x] 64 [x] 128 [x] 256 [x] 512 [x] 1024 [ ] 2048 [ ] 4096 [ ] 9192 [ ]
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Second Illiteration »

You've got a decent start. Just keep trying new things and looking at reference pictures....and yeah look into Gimp, you can blend layers and make more realistic looking skins