Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

**WAN(O_o)TED**
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg
Antispam: No

New Level Design: Castle Ruins

Post by **WAN(O_o)TED** »

Hi... I haven't been on here in ages. I changed my name to start fresh and everything. Used to be called Crazyraptor787. Yeah, I know useless users clogs space and what not but that's my new gamer tag so I'd thought it fit. Anywho, I haven't modded anything since the Winter Contest last year. With the constructive criticism received I think I might be able to make a new, epic level in my still almost favourite game Trespasser. My fam-bam have a batch (not gonna say where, but with the link you might figure it out), which has in my opinion a rather perfect place to have a Trespasser themed level with epic dinosaurs. http://www.castlehill.net.nz/gallery/gallery.php This is it. Here are some fantastic pictures of the place (click the castle hill images button), but its surrounded by mountains, rivers and thick forests as well as plains etc. I have actually been planning this for a while but then new games came out and I shifted to them. Anywho, I was in class writing an essay when I wrote a quote from the game by accident. "What were the reasons... what was the cost." And then it hit me. Gotta get back into this modding and improve one of the best games ever made. So, I'm going to construct a birds eye map tonight as well as finish the last bit of my English report. I'll pretty it up, do a bit of concept art cos I enjoy that kind of thing :3 and upload it within the next week. The holidays are this week so I'll have plenty of time. So, basically. I want to make a hunters village, all destroyed, but very similar to this place in terrain, and plop some dinosaurs around. Since there haven't been any new levels for a while (I think :? ) then I'm keen to make it. The name I want is "Castle Ruins" and the goal will be to get to say... a hut in the forest of something :PIf you like the idea, gimme some more ideas, and if you don't, then give me the reason as to why. If your neutral, don't post ;) Happy Easter :D

Remember = Egg symbolizes new life. So, new levels... xD
RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Re: New Level Design: Castle Ruins

Post by RexHunter99 »

**WAN(O_o)TED** wrote:Hi... I haven't been on here in ages. I changed my name to start fresh and everything. Used to be called Crazyraptor787. Yeah, I know useless users clogs space and what not but that's my new gamer tag so I'd thought it fit.
You could have just requested that an admin change your existing user's name.
~ They told me humans weren't real... I proved them wrong.
ImageAnthropology ~ A beautiful tale.
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!
awesome24712
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by awesome24712 »

**WAN(O_o)TED** wrote: Anywho, I was in class writing an essay when I wrote a quote from the game by accident. "What were the reasons... what was the cost."
:)

I like the ideas you're having. :wink: Although is it going to be snowy as in those pictures or just plain jungle/forest?
Check out the HL2 mod I'm helping with: Image
Visit my Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/id/awesome24712/
Visit my YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/user/awesome24712

Post benchamrks:
1 [x] 2 [x] 4 [x] 8 [x] 16 [x] 32 [x] 64 [x] 128 [x] 256 [x] 512 [x] 1024 [ ] 2048 [ ] 4096 [ ] 9192 [ ]
**WAN(O_o)TED**
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by **WAN(O_o)TED** »

Aside from the fact that I didn't know you could change names, here is a picture of the place from Google Earth, and another of a birds eye view. I intend to make it over the holidays, and include a snowy hill. Basically you start at the entrance of the village, and have to make your way up the hill to signal help at the top. I'm going to include one of my favourite concept pictures from the gallery in this level... But obviously it will be 3D and physical lol ^_^
Attachments
Birds eye view.
Birds eye view.
Village - GE.jpg (173.35 KiB) Viewed 4848 times
3D view of map.
3D view of map.
View from Mountain - GE.jpg (173.27 KiB) Viewed 4848 times