TresCom Forums

TresCom : The Trespasser Fan Gateway...
It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:41 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:03 am 
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

So, I have followed the instructions to the best of my ability, but I can't seem to get this level to work. :(

I already had a copy of the Trespasser CD installed on my computer per the instructions (C:\tres cd). I downloaded the final version of Act I and the patch. I then extracted the files (which were extracted to the C-drive in a folder it created called "TC Setup") and acquired the password; I then ran the TC-Setup.exe and so forth. After that, I ran the patch. Then I opened Trespasser and at the main menu clicked CTRL+SHIFT+Q+W, releasing W. That opened that cheat level-select screen; problem is, no tc.scn! :no:

Okay, so I went back and found the .txt file called "Level Instructions" in the newly created "Tres Ops Level" within C:\tres cd. I saw there that it told me to move the data files to the C:\tres cd\data, so I did. Then I moved the menu files to C:\tres cd\data\menu, per the instructions. So, then I opened Trespasser again, clicked CTRL+SHIFT+Q+W, releasing W... Nothing. :no:

I also tried removing the tc.scn file and renaming tcdummy.scn as "tc.scn", but still nothing!

I'm very sad and frustrated. I love Trespasser, but have always been a little too nervous try downloading some of the "new" levels, worried that they might suck (sorry, but I was). With all the hype and positive reviews in the years and years since, I figured I'd give it shot...

Can someone help? Am I missing something? Is there something I did incorrectly?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:15 am 
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

And after clearly not spending enough time searching, I promptly discovered this thread in - who would have guessed? - the FAQ section, which solved the problem:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=1121

Excellent. :|

I invite anyone and everyone who passes over this thread to call be a n00b, as it were, and for an administrator or moderator to yell at me and immediately close this thread. :sick:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:07 am 
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

SOCL wrote:
I invite anyone and everyone who passes over this thread to call be a n00b, as it were, and for an administrator or moderator to yell at me and immediately close this thread. :sick:

Lol, don't worry about it! Have fun playing the level :wink: