Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

barrett_g
Parasaurus
Parasaurus
Antispam: No

Re: Trespassing - A Trespasser Remake / Re-Telling

Post by barrett_g »

Several small updates as of late! Check them out!

http://trespassingpetrolia.com
mleise
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by mleise »

You only spot a T-Rex in the jungle when you are 10-15m away because the vegetation is so dense? Ain't it great how much more powerful computers and 3D engines got since the 90s? It's not just the density, but also that you can no longer rely on vegetation being static. Everything is in motion including shadows cast from trees and contrasts are so high that a even parasaurolophus wont necessarily stick out as a plain yellow area.
As for the rock in the water, I'd say keep it in since it was somewhat iconic for the beginning of Trespasser.
barrett_g
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by barrett_g »

Speaking of the beach.... And newer technology....

The small-scaled, clean cut tail section on the beach always made me cringe.

It would be super cool if we could have more plane debris... Like the t.v. show lost. It could give the player an area to scavenge and maybe pick up a few small items like a bottle of water or a piece of first-aid kit.

WideBoy
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by WideBoy »

I would kill to help this man with this project, as a amatoure 3D artist and a big fan og TressPasser. But theres no way to get in contact with this man :(
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Speaking of the beach.... And newer technology....

It would be super cool if we could have more plane debris... Like the t.v. show lost. It could give the player an area to scavenge and maybe pick up a few small items like a bottle of water or a piece of first-aid kit.

Sexy. But yeah, I agree. I think there should at least be a bit more to the wreck, maybe some pieces strewn about here and there. In the beta of Trespasser, there's also a wheel, and the released version has a few chunks of wood or something. I believe s13n1 has mentioned this before, though, that he plans to add a bit more of the plane wreck to the starting beach. I think it'd be cool if you could find the main wreck elsewhere on the island, provided Trespassing ends up showing more of the island as was the original plan. :)
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

It's been a while, but check out the Trespassing website if you haven't already - there have been some awesome and big updates! It's really starting to look like a modern take on Trespasser now.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

This mod has come VERY far... s13n1, if you are really going to be no longer able to have time in life for modding, would it not be a good idea to release what has been made, so that it can at least be explored ingame?
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Huh ran into this thread and wish to note that additional BE plane parts have now been created by TI, found in his thread - viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10821
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Draconisaurus wrote:Huh ran into this thread and wish to note that additional BE plane parts have now been created by TI, found in his thread - viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10821
Not really, just a crappy-quality wing with bad physics and a poorly-textured model of the crashed plane, which doesn't have an interior or anything below the water. :P
wbhaese
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by wbhaese »

Hey there! I don't now if this is the right place to ask, but I have problems to load the demo level. I tested with other computers and still the same. I'll send some pictures about the problem. First picture, open the level, but don't load. Other two pictures I can't make login. Someone cold please help me? Thanks.
Attachments
I Cant login with my login in this version (3.3.5), I Tried other versions, but it's still the same
I Cant login with my login in this version (3.3.5), I Tried other versions, but it's still the same
Error loggin Engine 3.3.5.jpg (74.64 KiB) Viewed 15232 times
I Cant login with my login in this version (3.5.8) but it's still the same
I Cant login with my login in this version (3.5.8) but it's still the same
Error loggin Engine 3.5.8.jpg (77.56 KiB) Viewed 15232 times
Error when I try to load the level. My computer is x64, but only de editor x86(x32) open. The x64 don't open nothing, nor the .exe
Error when I try to load the level. My computer is x64, but only de editor x86(x32) open. The x64 don't open nothing, nor the .exe
Error open level Engine 3.4.5.jpg (101.28 KiB) Viewed 15232 times
Haese
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

barrett_g wrote:Speaking of the beach.... And newer technology....

Ah, yea... for some reason I don't quite notice the plane debris. :D

@Edit: Please see post above mine, I think I've stepped over something of importance. My bad -
wbhaese
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by wbhaese »

Rebel wrote:
barrett_g wrote:Speaking of the beach.... And newer technology....

Ah, yea... for some reason I don't quite notice the plane debris. :D

@Edit: Please see post above mine, I think I've stepped over something of importance. My bad -
WHAT? :o
Haese
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

It is possible it only works with an older version of CryEngine. 3.5.8 it appears (https://trespassingpetrolia.com/2014/06 ... evel-info/) however, from what I can find it appears you can't use those older versions anymore as you can't log into them, they've taken down the server for them.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
wbhaese
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by wbhaese »

tatu wrote:It is possible it only works with an older version of CryEngine. 3.5.8 it appears (https://trespassingpetrolia.com/2014/06 ... evel-info/) however, from what I can find it appears you can't use those older versions anymore as you can't log into them, they've taken down the server for them.
Hey Tatu! That's bad, so I don't have a way to open the level? Don't have away to compile to a .exe file?

Thank you.
Haese
LIX666
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Post by LIX666 »

Dont want to spam, just wanted to check if the project is still happening... i have been lurking on your website for the last decade and hoping it would see the light of day, but the website is expired...