TresCom Forums

TresCom : The Trespasser Fan Gateway...
It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:11 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 864 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58  Next
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:42 am 
Triceratops
Triceratops

Dang. I was waiting until it be done but life simply got in the way. Well then....What is the PV curse?

We are tressers by heart like Anne. John made his dream come true as well as mine.
We trespass on his dream and to see the forgotten world that once was alive 65 million years ago now touchable. Who...dares to come trespass....?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:17 am 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Most attempts at recreating the Pine Valley level from what we knew from screenshots etc. (before getting the actual level in the Beta 96) ended up being abandoned...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:26 am 
Triceratops
Triceratops

Oh! The Pine Valley level from the beta 96 which I have played before. Extremely buggy though but very cool.

We are tressers by heart like Anne. John made his dream come true as well as mine.
We trespass on his dream and to see the forgotten world that once was alive 65 million years ago now touchable. Who...dares to come trespass....?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:38 pm 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Yes, for years it was known only from pre-release screenshots and videos (and then, some of them turned out to be from other test/demo levels). More than one person attempted to make their own version of what Pine Valley might have looked like, starting from the demo level, which had been identified as a modified/simplified version of Pine Valley. But none was ever finished, hence, jokingly, the "curse" was born...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:23 pm 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Heheh, my understanding is that the PV Curse also applies to PV's having not been released in the retail game (the genesis being around there). Made worse by the fact that PV was one of the signature levels of the game prior to its release.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:40 pm 
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Draconisaurus wrote:
Heheh, my understanding is that the PV Curse also applies to PV's having not been released in the retail game (the genesis being around there). Made worse by the fact that PV was one of the signature levels of the game prior to its release.

And the first working level to work according to Seamus Blackly (don't count the puzzles, I think he means level to work in-game) :D

"The main laboratory and administrative buildings. This is where we made our work, where the real magic trick happen. When they are in need of height fixing, they'll come here." - Hammond

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:36 am 
Triceratops
Triceratops

The first working level in-game? Wow. What a waste to drop it whole.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:12 am 

DrShaw wrote:
The first working level in-game? Wow. What a waste to drop it whole.

There were too many puzzle-bugs I believe and no time to fix it. Also, a few buildings were not done.

"The main laboratory and administrative buildings. This is where we made our work, where the real magic trick happen. When they are in need of height fixing, they'll come here." - Hammond

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:30 pm 
Triceratops
Triceratops

I notice. To bad that they didn't have the time and due to there major budget problem. Well they did what they could do.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:49 am 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

tatu wrote:
Draconisaurus wrote:

And the first working level to work according to Seamus Blackly (don't count the puzzles, I think he means level to work in-game) :D

Hey that's cool! Tatu, The Walking Trespasser Library.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:08 pm 
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Sooo.... The this mod is dead?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:25 pm 
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

http://trespassingpetrolia.com/2014/11/ ... rogress-2/

New post, from today!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:41 am 
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Good deal! I hope he ignores some of the naysayers and continues on with the good work!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:30 am 
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sh8mNjeuyV4[/youtube]

It's not dead!

My currently active projects:
Return to Jurassic Park: A Trespasser Mod - Forum or ModDB | Trespasser HD: Beach (Released!) / Jungle Road | TheIdiot's release thread

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:52 am 
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

It looks s13n1 still works on the project when he has some time free.I can understand with him completely as real life sadly stops us from doing what we really want to do.Game developers that work on their dream game are really lucky people.When you have to pay for the food ,rent and have also people depending on you for that stuff things get really difficult.
In any case this guy still works on his dream and also he did a nice upgrade to him system so maybe in the future we will see more amazing stuff !!
Keep on your dream s13n1 !

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 864 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58  Next