Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

s13n1
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-
Antispam: No

Re: Terrain exported as .3ds is broken and incomplete

Post by s13n1 »

Dont mind me, I got a bit ahead of myself before i had tried the AS level from the beta. It all makes sense now.

Little bit more work before bed, then a few days break over Christmas.

Merry Xmas everyone, have a happy and safe holiday! :-)
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: Terrain exported as .3ds is broken and incomplete

Post by machf »

OK, let's see:
  • Between the Lab and the retail Ascent level is where I've set my Pens level (yes, still unreleased, about 90-95% complete, some dinosaurs, objects and triggers missing yet). It's also where The Four Towers is set. And yes, the original Ascent that can be seen in the Beta 96 is the answer to what actually was there...
  • For Gmax, there is a small util (GrabListener, or SLGrabber, or something like that I believe) that will allow you to get what has been output to the text buffer.
  • The high polycount is because the export to .tpm option in TresEd does that... there are actually a couple other scripts which will directly read the terrain files (well, after you've converted them with GUIapp). Look for them here:

viewtopic.php?f=129&t=8920
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files