Steps To Trespassing: A Guide W.I.P.

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

awesome24712
Pteranodon
Pteranodon
Antispam: No

Re: Steps To Trespassing: A Guide (And now a website!)

Post by awesome24712 »

machf wrote:That article was written by tatu, right?
Glitchhunter wrote those Beta 96 articles.

And a quick question to Glitchhunter, would you mind if I put the Beta 96 articles on my site? I couldn't get to it right away, but it'd be nice if they were there.
Check out the HL2 mod I'm helping with: Image
Visit my Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/id/awesome24712/
Visit my YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/user/awesome24712

Post benchamrks:
1 [x] 2 [x] 4 [x] 8 [x] 16 [x] 32 [x] 64 [x] 128 [x] 256 [x] 512 [x] 1024 [ ] 2048 [ ] 4096 [ ] 9192 [ ]
RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by RexHunter99 »

awesome24712 wrote:

And a quick question to Glitchhunter, would you mind if I put the Beta 96 articles on my site? I couldn't get to it right away, but it'd be nice if they were there.
I can vouch for him, he wouldn't mind as long as you credited him.
~ They told me humans weren't real... I proved them wrong.
ImageAnthropology ~ A beautiful tale.
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!
awesome24712
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by awesome24712 »

RexHunter99 wrote:
awesome24712 wrote:

I can vouch for him, he wouldn't mind as long as you credited him.
Ahh, RexHunter. Of course I would credit him! :wink:

Also, I would imagine you saw my post on the Carnivores Saga forums... but I don't have time to check it today (well, maybe I'll see it, but I probably wouldn't have time to test anything).

Post benchamrks:
1 [x] 2 [x] 4 [x] 8 [x] 16 [x] 32 [x] 64 [x] 128 [x] 256 [x] 512 [x] 1024 [ ] 2048 [ ] 4096 [ ] 9192 [ ]
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

Tatu made some corrections to it, but for the most part it was me.
awesome24712 wrote:

Just now read above. I kinda figured you were looking at Carnivores Fan Guild. It's one of the more popular Carnivores sites so I'm not surprised you used Yola for your site.

And as Rex mentioned, I don't mind. I love getting credit. =)
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

glitchhunter09 wrote:
Tatu made some corrections to it, but for the most part it was me.
Oh. Well, what I meant was that at first I thought it may have been some finding from back then, like the article that Velociraptor Alfa found, but then I realized that wasn't it...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
awesome24712
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by awesome24712 »

Hello everybody.

Once again, I apologize for the lack of work. I don't think I announced it earlier, so just so you guys know, part 7 and 8 of the Let's Play! is up, you know where to find it. The reason part 9 isn't up is that fact that the darn thing doesn't want to save. CPU overheating. I'll see what I can do about that, see if I can save it and not have to re-do it.

Also, after part 9 (or part 8, if things don't work out), no other parts will be uploaded until later. You see, I have to upgrade to a new system and I don't want to make a whole bunch of parts that wouldn't be uploaded, as once I re-load Windows everything will be lost. I hopefully won't have much to do though in the terms of re-downloading all of my Trespasser stuff, as I'm compressing as much stuff as I can to get it all on some kind of Flash Drive. Geez, why did Draco have to put so much extra sound into ED? Oh, wait, compressing something for more than about 15 minutes overheats the CPU and causes an emergency shutdown. Great. (I'll compress files individually.)

The new system will hopefuly be better and faster than this one, with a quad-core or possibly even a hexa-core processor (I currently just have dual-core), which will definitely solve the overheating issues and perhaps I could record in HD again. (Now, about that wired internet connection...)

The easiest thing to do now (and what I probably should be doing) is updating the guide again, but I'm not sure how much I can do. We'll see.

Post benchamrks:
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

awesome24712 wrote:Geez, why did Draco have to put so much extra sound into ED?
I've asked the same question. I think he included the whole Jurassic Park soundtrack in uncompressed form or something like that...

Good luck with your new system. I need one myself...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by RexHunter99 »

machf wrote:
awesome24712 wrote:Geez, why did Draco have to put so much extra sound into ED?
I've asked the same question. I think he included the whole Jurassic Park soundtrack in uncompressed form or something like that...

Good luck with your new system. I need one myself...
Yes, one with a graphics card that supports OpenGL 2.1 minimum and supports Framebuffers, multitextures and non-power-of-2 textures ;) basically anything 2-3 years old will suffice.
~ They told me humans weren't real... I proved them wrong.
ImageAnthropology ~ A beautiful tale.
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!
awesome24712
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by awesome24712 »

Wow! :|

Update (at long last): Again, wow. The process has been troublesome, but I've finished updating (to the most recent version) the site to match the things here.

Also, I managed to finally render part 9 of the walkthrough and upload it, so go see it. When I was adding part 9 (and part 8 ) to the website, I noticed something.

The videos on the site were some small 400x300, or something rediculious like that. So I had said to myself, "Why did I record it in HD when on the official site it's going to be so small?!" There was no option to go fullscreen or in any way increase the viewing quality. So, I went ahead to start writing my own HTML to increase the viewing quality, and add a full-screen option. HTML is difficult! I set the resolution of each video at 854x480, which I thought was best for the 16:9 resolution (even though the video was actually recorded at 4:3). During this tedious task setting it up for all nine parts, Internet Explorer crashed twice and I lost all my work, so I had to re-do it all. But yes, I finally finished and the viewing quality on the site is much better now and will hopefully stay that way.

As for my new system, it isn't here yet, but I don't want to record any more parts until it is. Don't want to risk it.

And something I think I neglected to mention earlier, is that there's now some ATX stuff in the guide. It's only a few things of all its wonderful tools and such, but it's a start.

*IMPORTANT* The guide on this here topic will no longer be updated, at least for now. It's too complicated to keep updating two versions, and I could easily make a mistake and put conflicting things in each version. It would also look better for the site if its version was updated more often.

I guess as a YouTuber who's used to it I'm asking a bit much, but any feedback would be appreciated. Feedback inspires me to do more and thus benifits us all.

~Awesome24712 :)

Post benchamrks:
lizard lips
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Re: Steps To Trespassing: A Guide (And now a website!) *OUTD

Post by lizard lips »

How do I get the East Dock level to work. Always when I get to the back to the car or close to it, it crashes. And how do I make Jurassic Park Dark Secreats work, every time I start a new game, it crashes.
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

East Dock has a LOT of vegetation. In order to get it to work you have to have the draw distance all the way down. Even then it can still crash in that area. Draco never got around to fixing it or making a low detail version. It was a well known problem in development and he deleted some foliage and a motion sensor from up there but it's still prone to crashing. If all else fails you could use TresEd to delete/move more of the terrain from that area.

I haven't played Dark Secrets though so I can't help you there.
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

I'd volunteer to release a low-detail ED... don't know what Drac would think of that, though.
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

Well, Drac is gone and I'm co-creator and I'd say sure. I'd like to have East Dock playable by as many people possible without too much trouble. Especially since it was supposed to be my first level, until Drac took it over after production started. Just try to capture the feel of the original as much as you can and you should be good.

Oh and you might as well clean up those TPAs while you are at it, :lol:
lizard lips
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by lizard lips »

My tresED keeps crashing every time I save it.
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

Sounds like you don't have it set as administrator. Right click the EXE and select properties. Go to the compatibility tab. I usually set the compatibility as "Windows XP" and make sure you check the "Run as Administrator" option. You should do this to GeomAdd as well.