A New Level: Craters (RELEASED) (New Huds too!)

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

LtSten
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
Antispam: No

Re: A New Level in the Making: Craters

Post by LtSten »

Just make sure to keep making those backups before doing something too ambitious. ;) If you break something (which is half the fun when you're trying something new anyway) then you won't have totally messed everything up/lost all of your work.
[and not to off-topic too much, but what's fine and not fine when it comes to double/triple/+ posting is down to discretion in the end, anyway, so common sense works well]
Bringing TPA CRCs up the well, amongst other file format adventures.
Blender 3.0 TPM Plugin [Project GitHub]
awesome24712
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by awesome24712 »

Backups, LtSten? Don't worry, my HardDrive's screaming in pain. :wink:

I guess I was a little paranoid about this double/triple posting stuff...
Oh and thanks for the suggestion, Glitch. I'll certainly try that next time. :mrgreen:
Check out the HL2 mod I'm helping with: Image
Visit my Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/id/awesome24712/
Visit my YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/user/awesome24712

Post benchamrks:
1 [x] 2 [x] 4 [x] 8 [x] 16 [x] 32 [x] 64 [x] 128 [x] 256 [x] 512 [x] 1024 [ ] 2048 [ ] 4096 [ ] 9192 [ ]
awesome24712
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by awesome24712 »

Okay...

I'm experiencing some sort of problem. Not much of a problem, actually, as there are ways around it. But if I ever want to have a trigger fire when I shoot a gun then I will have to solve this problem.

The Problem is that none of my CObjectTrigger's are firing. I cannot figure out why; both of them never seem to fire, and if there was an error in the T-Scripts then Trespasser would just get an error when it loads the level. Well, enough of explaining, here's the T-Script of my Trigger:

Code: Select all

group Trig_LegalGun = {
    string Class = "CObjectTrigger"
    string A00 = "Phk91drum00-01"
    bool PickUpObject = true
    int FireCount = 1
    int ProcessStyle = 3
    group action01 = {
        int ActionType = 0
        string Sample = "AnneGetGun4"
        int SpatialType = 0
        float Attenuation = 0.000000
        float Volume = -5.000000
    }
    group Action03 = {
        int ActionType = 0
        string Sample = "AnneIdle1"
        int SpatialType = 0
        float Volume = -5.000000
    }
    group Action02 = {
        int ActionType = 25
        float Delay = 5.000000
    }
    group Action00 = {
        int ActionType = 25
        float Delay = 1.000000
    }
}
I've looked in other levels and in the FAQ section of the forums, but all I found just supported the fact that my trigger should fire, but it simply won't.
However, when I tried playing other levels I found out that none of their CObjectTrigger's seem to fire, either. So their's a chance that it might not even be a problem with the trigger itself...

Post benchamrks:
1 [x] 2 [x] 4 [x] 8 [x] 16 [x] 32 [x] 64 [x] 128 [x] 256 [x] 512 [x] 1024 [ ] 2048 [ ] 4096 [ ] 9192 [ ]
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

The script is wrong. All the "group actionXX" are in the wrong order. They should always go like 00, 01, 02 etc. You start with 01, 03, 02, 00 :)

Fxing that should work, so here is the script that should work.

group Trig_LegalGun = {
    bool PickUpObject = true
    int FireCount = 1
    int ProcessStyle = 3
    group action00 = {
        int ActionType = 0
        int SpatialType = 0
        float Volume = -5.000000
    }
    group Action01 = {
        int ActionType = 0
        int SpatialType = 0
        float Volume = -5.000000
    }
    group Action02 = {
        int ActionType = 25
        float Delay = 5.000000
    }
    group Action03 = {
        int ActionType = 25
        float Delay = 1.000000
    }
}
awesome24712
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by awesome24712 »

tatu wrote:The script is wrong. All the "group actionXX" are in the wrong order. They should always go like 00, 01, 02 etc. You start with 01, 03, 02, 00 :)

Fxing that should work, so here is the script that should work.

group Trig_LegalGun = {
    bool PickUpObject = true
    int FireCount = 1
    int ProcessStyle = 3
    group action00 = {
        int ActionType = 0
        int SpatialType = 0
        float Volume = -5.000000
    }
    group Action01 = {
        int ActionType = 0
        int SpatialType = 0
        float Volume = -5.000000
    }
    group Action02 = {
        int ActionType = 25
        float Delay = 5.000000
    }
    group Action03 = {
        int ActionType = 25
        float Delay = 1.000000
    }
}
I think I've had other triggers that go out of order, but I'll try that. Although I would rather rearrange the group ActionXXs rather than just renumber them. Sorry, how you put it would just have two delays as the last actions, which would be kind of pointless. If they need to be in order, than this is the code I want:

group Trig_LegalGun = {
    bool PickUpObject = true
    int FireCount = 1
    int ProcessStyle = 3
    group Action00 = {
        int ActionType = 25
        float Delay = 1.000000
    }
    group action01 = {
        int ActionType = 0
        int SpatialType = 0
        float Volume = -5.000000
    }
    group Action02 = {
        int ActionType = 25
        float Delay = 5.000000
    }

group Action03 = {
        int ActionType = 0
        int SpatialType = 0
        float Volume = -5.000000
    }
}
I'll go try it now...

EDIT: No, the trigger still isn't working. I'm certain that their is nothing wrong with the actions, as I put all of the same actions into a CLocationTrigger, and it worked fine. The only thing I can see that I may be doing wrong is that the rather than putting in the name of the object I should put in the name of the magnet. But it's not like that in other levels, so I'm still not sure what's wrong.

Can someone try the T-Script (you would have to change the name of the object, though) and see if it works for them?

EDIT 2: All right, I've discovered what the problems were:

1. "group action01" Should have been spelled "group Action01."

2. When the object you're referencing to in the trigger isn't the one you're picking up! :sick: I was actually picking the -00 one instead of the -01 that was in the trigger. Instance names... ugh.

Problem solved! :)

Post benchamrks:
awesome24712
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by awesome24712 »

Level has been Finished! Look in the Original Post!

Post benchamrks:
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Re: A New Level: Craters (RELEASED) (New Huds too!)

Post by glitchhunter09 »

Tried it earlier. Looks very nice. Also, I like the puzzles. Any puzzle I can't figure out without help is a good puzzle. XD
I was a little disappointed the surrounding area was so small though. Still a nice level though.
awesome24712
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by awesome24712 »

glitchhunter09 wrote:Tried it earlier. Looks very nice. Also, I like the puzzles. Any puzzle I can't figure out without help is a good puzzle. XD
I was a little disappointed the surrounding area was so small though. Still a nice level though.
Thanks! Were there any puzzles that you couln't figure out without help? Yeah, the area was a bit small (gotta start somewhere!), but I'm glad you still liked it :wink:

Thanks for your opinion. Any other levels I make will definitely be larger—like in Giant Forest :)

Post benchamrks:
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

Yeah, this isn't bad for a first level and yes there were.... um... getting into the trailer... I cheated to get into it and I couldn't figure out where the key went.

Btw, the Allosaurus appears to have a massive pallete bug. I'd take care of that if possible.
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

Nice, I'll see if I have some time to play it this evening :)
awesome24712
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by awesome24712 »

glitchhunter09 wrote:Yeah, this isn't bad for a first level and yes there were.... um... getting into the trailer... I cheated to get into it and I couldn't figure out where the key went.
Well, I would ask which trailer you're talking about, but I think I'll just write a walkthrough as I was planning to write one eventually.

Walkthrough (long):
Spoiler: show
Welcome to my Level!
1. Get your bearings. Note that there seems to be a helipad of some sort above you.
2. Walk down the path in front of you. You will then enter a larger 'Crater' with many key points of interest. Hey! A Helicopter! You may also notice a Parasaurolphus lumbering around.
3. Walk toward the helicopter. A text display will tell you that it needs a key, and it must be somewhere close by...
4. Hey, what's that large building complex over there? You may walk over to it, but you'll find that the gates are locked, and the card reader's broken.
5. Look around where you first entered this area for a truck. You'll find a crowbar in the back, take it because you will need it later. Proceed down the path that the truck seemingly came from.
6. This has to go somewhere, Anne should say. You will enter another large 'Crater,' which has a trailer on the far side. Go to that trailer.
7. Try as you might, but the door to the trailer is locked. So whip out your Crowbar to budge it open. Inside, on a desk, you will find a clipboard with a staff member's to-do list. He needs to retrieve the [helicopter] key from the complex, refuel the Helicopter, bury Jack, and get the heck out of here. Also, if the clipboard wasn't so pixelated, you would notice that it is ated July 10. You will find a white keycard in the bottom of the desk, so take it.
8. Before you leave the trailer's area, climb up some crates to get on top of the trailer. There you will find a Drum G3A3 assualt rifle, with 40 rounds. Take it (you won't need the cowbar anymore).
9. Looks like you're going to have to find an altenate way to get into the complex, the buildings near where the gates were locked earlier. As you leave the trailer, to the rightish, you may notice a smaller, chain-link fence/gate. That's where you'll need to enter. To get there, go back to the helicopter. From the helicopter, look at the complex. To the left of the complex, you should see a large crate with smaller crates stacked on top.
10. Go over to that large crate and pull down some of the smaller crates and stack them so you can get on top. From there, go along the outer rim of the crater until you reach a gap (the path you first followed before you saw the helicopter) there should be a log spanning across the gap, so walk across it. Don't fall! Keep going, crossing yet another gap, until you reach the chain-link fence/gate. Use the white keycard you got from the trailer to open it. Keep the keycard, you'll need it again soon.
11. Proceed down the the slight slope into the complex area. Use your keycard to unlock the large gate, there's a woking card reader on this side (it will work!) Next, head to the trailer. Try to open the doorand get inside. It's difficult, as there is a chair popped up against the door (I hate those chairs!), but you can do it!
12. Once inside the trailer, as some hopefully creepy music plays, read the diary that is sitting upon the desk. After reading it, you will know that 'Jack' is a Biosyn agent planning to take some raptor eggs and steal the helicopter. He says that he hid the fuel 'up high somewhere' and that he took his keycard with him when he went to go get the raptor eggs. The last entry was made on the morning of July 10th. You will notice that there is another locked door inside the trailer. We can only assume that that's where the Helicopter key is. But you'll need Jack's keycard, that he apparently took with him to the raptor nest, to get in there. So...
13. Off to the raptor's nest! The only thing you should have with you at this point is the G3A3 from earlier. Taking it, go out of the chain-link gate that you first entered from. Down and to the left, is the raptor's nest. Upon getting there you may notice that it is more of a rocky, dirty area and that the only way out is up some rocks on the far side.
14. Step down into the little 'crater,' an proceed toward the nest. When you here Anne say,"Oh, God it's a nest!" RUN and don't look back, toward the rocky area where you can climb out. Once up on higher ground, turn around and use your G3A3 to shoot the two raptors that appeared behind you. Don't waste all fourty shots on their 110 health each, as there are still one or two raptors you will need to kill. Once they're dead, go back down into the the nest and take keycard that the deceased Jack left. You can take his rifle to replace your G3A3, but that's up to you.
15. Gunning down any raptors you may find on your way, go back to the trailer in the complex with your shiny new keycard. You can enter through the large gate that you unlocked earlier, so you don't have to do all of that log-walking stuff again. Swipe the card against the card reader and pull down the lever, unlocking the door. Inside you will find a 1-shot-toxic-traq-rifle, a Spas-12, and the Helicopter key.
16. Grab the key. You will then see the words,"Site B. Many dangers stalk thee," and then some creepy music will play. Head outside, and you will find that a giant Allosaur has appeared in the complex. Use the Spas-12 and/or the Toxic Tranquilizer to kill it (or you can try to avoid it completely). After it's dead, take the key over to the helicopter.
17. But it's not over yet! You may recall that the the clipboard said that the Helicopter needs to be refueled, and that in Jack's Diary entry Jack said he hid the Gas Tanks, "up high somewhere."
18. The "up high somewhere" is the helipad-like thing that you saw when you first entered the level. To get there (leave the key at the helicopte!), you'll have to climb up on the same crates that you did to get into the complex the first time, but at the first gap, turn right instead of crossing the log. Proceed to cross a metal beam and into the building that lies on top of the helipad.
19. Inside, hidden amongst many cates, you'll find a container with another Toxic Tranq Rifle in it, just one shot. Take it, it will be handy later. But that's not what we're here for. Head outside of the building, but still on the helipad, climb up on some crates to get on top of the building/ maintenance shed. That's where you will find the gas tank.
20. Upon taking it, in about 5 seconds, you will hear some heart-pounding music. Taking the toxic rifle and the gas tank, head back to the helicopter. You will now notice that two smaller Gigantosaurs have killed and started to eat the parasaurolophus. Drop off the Gas Tank near the helicopter, so it won't be in your way when you try to kill those two Gigantos. That's right, you need to kill them.
21. You can use the toxic tranq rifle to kill one of them. The second one, however, will be a bit more difficult. The best way is to use the gun mounted to the truck you got the crrowbar from. Hope you have a good shot. It might be difficult, but you can do it.
22. Once they're dead, take the gas tank and put it in the Gas-pump, nea the helicopter. There should be a container that you put it in, the can should snap into place. Once the gas is ready to be pumped, just pull down the lever on the machine.
23. Once the Helicopter's been refueled, and the two Gigantos are dead, simply take the key and step inside the helicopter. That's the end! :D
If you're saying that the Allosaurus looking like this:
is a bug, then I'm sorry to inform you that's how it is supposed to look. :P Extract the .bmps and you'll see. I guess it does look kind of strange and/or glitchy, but oh well. :)

Post benchamrks:
Dream Eater
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Post by Dream Eater »

Hey guys, I've made a edit of this level. All I've done is added more dinosaurs such as from the JPDS and others, more ammo add, easy to get around and other
tons of stuff edited.

You don't need the normal craters level and same goes with the HUD's

A big thank you to "Awesome" for helping me some tips on TresED. Credits goes to those owners that made the models of the dinosaurs and other stuff.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?8pcdrdb8mq9o68j

P.S Sorry for posting old topics.
Steam: JACKMILLS
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Don't apologize, your post is completely relevant to the topic...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

Yeah, we aren't facists who tell you not to post in old threads and then get mad if you make a new post on the same topic. We actually like discussion to happen here :lol:
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
awesome24712
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by awesome24712 »

For those wondering why I haven't posted yet, and so I don't look like a fool, I'll tell you that I already replied via PM. There's a spoiler down below if you want to see it.

Also, tomorrow's video will be Part 3 of Craters. . . (That is if my CPU doesn't overheat again, tried to clean out some of the dust.)
Spoiler: show
Hey,

Sorry for the late reply. Didn't have time to try it until now.

Wow! Nice job! I like how you moved the crowbar nearer to the trailer it unlocks, I'd admit that that puzzle was a little hard to solve.

I also like how you added in extra dinosaurs, it was a little bland before. Interesting how you replaced the crates in the back of one trailer with another desk.

I love M16s!

Thanks for your time. I've never had someone mod one of my mods, so I really appreciate it!

You should post about it in it's topic! (Make sure you include that the original version not need be downloaded, besides the HUDs.)
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=9097

Might just make a video about it!

Thanks,

~Awesome24712, Steps To Trespassing

Post benchamrks: