Glitch's Jurassic Park Chaos Effect Skin Thread

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Glitch's Jurassic Park Chaos Effect Skin Thread

Post by glitchhunter09 »

As General Kenobi knows, I was working on a skin for it. Well, it's finished and here's an image of the completed skin.
I should note there's some minor flaws in parts of this skin though they're really only noticable if you have the actual toy or notice a couple of oddly placed spots on the textures. Part of this was because the hind quarters were giving me trouble. So, while it's not a completely accurate version, I did strive for 100% accuracy but had to settle for 90% due to texture limitations with the TC Isle Raptor skin base (though I used the JP1 raptor skin by SI as a base due to no patterns and grayscaled it to start out with.) and just general confusion about the mid-section of the body.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?ku0qug728pwc9dk

Note: I've included the Gimp XCF files incase somebody wants to fix the issues with the skin if they can figure it out. It's mostly the hind part of the body that's the issue. The Tail, upperbody and head all turned out fine. The lower body and upper legs were a tad bit confusing.

Raptor Alpha is a repaint of the most commonly repainted Jurassic Park Toyline Raptor figure. It has the same biting Jaw gimmick as all the others when you squeeze its legs. The version here is the raptor from Kenner/Hasbro's Jurassic Park Chaos Effect line. It's supposed to be a purebred raptor that is skilled at hunting at night. There was actually a planned rerelease of it in the cancelled Chaos Effect Night Hunter series. This version has the same color scheme designs (As in stripes and color apps are in the same place.) but uses another set of colors. (you can see that here: http://www.jptoys.com/toy-database/chao ... /index.htm) I may do this one. I've actually did a few JP Chaos Effect Skins for Carnivores. I've never released them though because I was lazy and because I didn't think they looked like my best work. This Raptor Alpha came out much better than the one I made for Carnivores though thankfully.

More information here:
http://www.jptoys.com/toy-database/chao ... /index.htm
Last edited by glitchhunter09 on Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
General Kenobi
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Re: Raptor Alpha skin

Post by General Kenobi »

Sweet! Downloading now! :mrgreen:
The Chaos Effect toy line was very inventive, I wish it performed better then it did.
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

Yeah, the number of figures that went unreleased is a little heartbreaking for me. Especially Ultimasaurus. That's the one figure that the whole set was dedicated to and it didn't get released. Some people think it was because Kenner was worried that the horns were too sharp and would hurt small children. Same reason why a Triceratops figure that was supposed to come with a tent in The Lost World series 2 wasn't released. The same Trike mold was attempted to be reused in Chaos effect but it didn't get released there either. Most likely for because of the horns. There is an unpainted prototype of the TLW S2 version of the Trike that surfaced, but a painted version and the Chaos Effect Trike remain lost.

The Night Hunter series was cool because of glow in the Dark Dinosaurs plus some rather er.... interesting repaints. They also attempted to rerelease Ultimasaurus here but since the set was scrapped, we all know how that went.

I'm a bit upset that Hasbro's taken over the JP Toys and what they've done to them personally. Not a fan of their newer molds at all. The scaled down human figures are a heart break and the Re-ak-Attack figures are lame and just cheap cash ins they think are fun when they aren't. The JP 2009 Bull T-Rex was impressive though. But they still can't make them like Kenner used to.

And yeah, I know I'm going off subject here but it's just heart breaking knowing that there won't ever be an official release of some of those unreleased molds. As for say, Ornithosuchus, He was unreleased in the original JP Toyline. However, the mold got many other releases which is cool. However, because of the mold's history as formerly unreleased, it's very popular and can be difficult to find. Anyway, I'm going off subject here lol.
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Second Illiteration »

I'm going to download, maybe add some to it, see what you think
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Re: Glitch's Jurassic Park Chaos Effect Skin Thread

Post by glitchhunter09 »

Sounds cool. I included .xcf files for everything except the head. Though the head turned out beautifully so I wasn't too concerned with that part. The one part that was bugging me was the lower torso area. The rest of the body was pretty easy to mess with though sometimes I had to fix a few stripes and realign some things on the other parts, but that's there.

Currently, I'm working on the Night Hunters Version of the Raptor Alpha. I'm having to use a very blurry shot of the skin but the skin pattern is near identical to Raptor Alpha's except using different colors. I've got the head for it finished and this time I did save an XCF for it though it uses the Raptor Alpha I just finished as a base since The stripe patterns are the same. I'll post a screen shot when I have it finished or close to finished.

I'm finished. Here you go. Also took the time to rename the files and stuff. Took forever and I had to correct some errors but they all work as I'm not getting any when I import it with Geomadd now. I've renamed this one Raptor Beta since it doesn't actually have a real name. Screenshots:

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?145y44zte8ir14w

Once again. Gimp .Xcf files have been included if you wish to correct the issues with the lower torso's textures.

Btw, this thread is now the Chaos Effect skin thread because I may make other skins for Normal Dinosaurs later based on both released and unreleased figures from the Chaos Effect toyline. Including the funky colored Triceratops and many others such many of the ones in the Night Hunter series.
TheXenomorph1
Parasaurus
Parasaurus
Antispam: No

Post by TheXenomorph1 »

Downloading, right here, right now.
You should make an Omega T-Rex. That would be sweet!
I am an AVP fan, but also a Jurassic Park fan.
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

Plan to do Omega T-Rex and Thrasher eventually.
Anyway new release:

The green Triceratops from the unreleased and cancelled Chaos Effect: Night Hunter series Toyline. Which would be this one: http://www.jptoys.com/toy-database/chao ... /index.htm

Definitely pales in comparison to the other two skins I made.

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ozz7v7b1q8us2bq

Gimp .xcf files are once again included. ;)

Next release planned as: Yellow Night Hunters Raptor.
awesome24712
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by awesome24712 »

Hey Glitch...

Nice work, as always, but is there any specific reason you're using the Winter Contest 2011 engine? Curiousity.
Check out the HL2 mod I'm helping with: Image
Visit my Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/id/awesome24712/
Visit my YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/user/awesome24712

Post benchamrks:
1 [x] 2 [x] 4 [x] 8 [x] 16 [x] 32 [x] 64 [x] 128 [x] 256 [x] 512 [x] 1024 [ ] 2048 [ ] 4096 [ ] 9192 [ ]
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

Not really. Originally, I had planned to do a snow based level sequel to my current project, Giant Forest since the level ends inside a cave. Though also, it was mostly for testing purposes.
awesome24712
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by awesome24712 »

glitchhunter09 wrote:Not really. Originally, I had planned to do a snow based level sequel to my current project, Giant Forest since the level ends inside a cave. Though also, it was mostly for testing purposes.
Sorry. I just had to ask :) Whatever works I guess.
Check out the HL2 mod I'm helping with: Image
Visit my Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/id/awesome24712/
Visit my YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/user/awesome24712

Post benchamrks:
1 [x] 2 [x] 4 [x] 8 [x] 16 [x] 32 [x] 64 [x] 128 [x] 256 [x] 512 [x] 1024 [ ] 2048 [ ] 4096 [ ] 9192 [ ]
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

Decided to port it to Coke 'n' More this time.
Omega T-Rex has been started. Look at the head.
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

Omega T-Rex is here:
Spoiler: show
The tail stripes didn't turn out quite right. Neither did the one on the very back end of the body segment of the skin. However, the rest of the Rex turned out surprisingly well.

Download
http://www.mediafire.com/?wpr3k1m07p78004
OR
Download all the skins I've released so far:
http://www.mediafire.com/?je64zc41e95ob8r

.xcf files for Gimp are included as well.

I really want somebody to Model Ultimasaurus and The Mobile Command Center/Trailer from TLW. Chaos effect had a repaint of the Mobile Command Center that's actually rarer than the original but still suffers from the missing parts syndrome that the original toy had. (where they're often sold incomplete.)
General Kenobi
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by General Kenobi »

Wow, That looks awsome. But The orange kinda makes it looks funny. Great skin job thou, very true to the toy.
But could you do one with black where the orange is? Or another color? I think that would look cooler.
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

We'll see. I may do the Chaos Effect Thrasher T-Rex eventually so you'll have an alternative. I tried to make it as close to the original toy as possible, though I did add one TINY little thing. The claws on the fingers and toes of the toy were unpainted. I remedied this on the skin because it never really looked right on the toy. Judging by how I don't own the actual toy, colors of Omega Rex here may be off some. However, I tried to get the shades as close to the real toy as possible. The one I made for Carnivores has much brighter colors. Though I never released it because I thought it looked terrible. lol.

But yeah, the orange on it kinda looks cartoony. Though, most of the Chaos effect line isn't very realistic looking so it's not a big deal. Though I may have to lower the opacity more on that orange due to how bright it is. At the time, I figured the opacity was low enough but I may have to lower it some more.

But yeah, Omega T-Rex's paint job was never a really successful paint job. The reviewer on JPToys even thinks so. The Thrasher T-Rex's color scheme is much better. Flashier, but it works much better for that toy than this one does for Omega here. Also, I like Highlighter yellow and other fluorescent colors so Thrasher's probably gonna be really fun to make. =P

Also General Kenobi, the level with Dino Crisis 2 styled Giganotosaurus is here. Just check my Halfassed project thread. ;) I need some feedback for it. It's a beta but can be completed. The next version will really only have visual tweaks an some new triggers. I've got the initial level planned out the way I wanted it aside from some little objects and doodads to pretty it up in places and triggers and voiceovers to add to the experience. Though I think you'll find the level quite fun. I know I do at least. ;)
General Kenobi
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by General Kenobi »

I'll definitly try your level. But I'm going to be busy the next few days, so It will be a while before I can try it.
and I agree with you that the orange is a little cartoonish. I never had the toy, but I've seen it.