Dino mutations

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

General Kenobi
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Dino mutations

Post by General Kenobi »

Hey everyone, I've been planning my level to have mutated dinos. I was wondering if anyone had any?

I'm esspecially interested in the dinos from Dino Crisis 3.

or the dino's from Chaos effect

Would any of these guys be possible in Trespasser? and if so, does anyone know how?
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Re: Dino mutations

Post by glitchhunter09 »

Hey speaking of which, I found a few high quality photos of Ultimasaurus recently:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=9044
Unfortunately, I can't model so I have no way to use them... yet.... However, somebody did do a Chaos Effect based level. Primal Chaos is what it was called. Should be on the site in the downloads section somewhere. I believe Slash Master did it. Unfortunately, the project appears to be dead.
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Second Illiteration »

I once tried to do some DC 3 skins, but I ended up giving up on that
General Kenobi
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by General Kenobi »

glitchhunter09 wrote:Hey speaking of which, I found a few high quality photos of Ultimasaurus recently:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=9044
Unfortunately, I can't model so I have no way to use them... yet.... However, somebody did do a Chaos Effect based level. Primal Chaos is what it was called. Should be on the site in the downloads section somewhere. I believe Slash Master did it. Unfortunately, the project appears to be dead.

WOW! that Ultimasaurus is AWESOME! I would love to have it in my level. Is there anyone who can model dinos?
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

Machf can model and I think SI does a little. Maybe if you ask REALLY REALLY REALLY nicely one of them might make a model. =P
General Kenobi
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by General Kenobi »

Well if they do, I'll have it featured in my WTP level. 8D and they'll get producer credits!
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Second Illiteration »

The most I can do really is repaint skins, and sometimes alter already rigged dinos slightly to create new dinos, though that is hit or miss and I'm not very good at it
General Kenobi
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by General Kenobi »

What about the Chaos Effect night raptor?

Him and the Velociraptorix were my favorites from the Chaos line.
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

You mean the Raptor Alpha? (his name on the box.) There's also a number of dinosaurs that never made it out of prototype. Ultimasaurus is one of those. (though there are rumors that dozens of them escaped Kenner's Toy factory.)

There's a Chaos Effect based level called Primal Chaos that has a Triceratops skin based upon a Triceratops that never got released.
Here's the large amount of Chaos Effect dinos that never made the cut: http://www.jptoys.com/toy-database/chao ... /index.htm

There was also a Chaos Effect: Night Hunter series which was supposed to feature glow in the dark toys. However, it was cancelled in favor of the Jurassic Park Dinosaurs toyline. However, some photos exist: http://www.jptoys.com/toy-database/chao ... /index.htm
General Kenobi
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by General Kenobi »

yeah, I've seen the toys, I acually still have the Velociraptorix, Raptor Alpha, and the Paradeinonychus toys.
and I've have the Primal chaos level. They are n Dino mutations in the level, just repaints. and the Raptor Alpha is not in it.
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

Yeah I know. Though over by the Geothermal part of the level, there's a little building that has a Triceratops painted like this unreleased Chaos Effect figure in Primal Chaos:
Aside from this one, none of the other repaints look anything like the actual toys. I did do a few Chaos Effect skins for Carnivores, but I never released them publicly.
General Kenobi
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by General Kenobi »

I saw him to. I personally think the Trespasser Triceratops is very ugly. The newer model one are better looking.
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

Yeah. The Trespasser Trike also looks kinda well...er... mentally retarded a little bit. lol.
General Kenobi
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by General Kenobi »

lol yeah.
I also remember something, I thought I saw a Velociraptorix in someones level here, it might have been Primal Chaos. and I think I remember smething about it not beig finished. But I don't remember.
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

Here I have something to show you:

I used the figure of it I own as a reference. Right now, all I've done is the head. This is my very first skin for trespasser freehanded so I apologize if it's not exactly the best out there. However, Converting it to 256 colors made the head a little messed up in terms of how I had it previously. I'm also not pleased with the neck stripes either and how they turned out on the actual mesh. The snout stripes and eyes turned out really good though.

What do you think? I may do a recolored version for the cancelled glow in the dark version from the cancelled Night Hunters Chaos Effect series. However, this isn't the first time I've done something like this as you'll see here:
Spoiler: show
Didn't turn out the best but I did do a few Carnivores skins. I never released them though because I didn't think they were the best quality. I even did Omega T-Rex and the Night Hunters Raptor Alpha as well as the original Raptor Alpha.