Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

TheKritter71
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
Antispam: No

Trespasser Porting Into GMod

Post by TheKritter71 »

Nope just porting some stuff I take no credit for the stuff I ported from TresCom's levels so please do not be offended. TresCom's levels are theirs and theirs only. Ima right

Anyway just read this WIP thread i'm working on and please do not get offended like I said.

http://www.facepunch.com/threads/1137840

tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Re: Trespasser Porting Into GMod

Post by tatu »

Interesting. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Not sure how GMod is, but do you have to animate the dinosaurs?
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

GMod is Garry's Mod for Half-Life 2...
(And I've done the opposite, porting GMod stuff into Trespasser...)
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
TheKritter71
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by TheKritter71 »

I used to be a noob a few years ago on here but I've changed. Anyway I released JPRaptor and I am still working on Draco's 12 Jeep Nedry used for a map my friend is remaking from Trespasser.
And no we dont need to animate dinos but we can be able to use a GMod animation tool for it all we shall be doing is rigging the models for like 16 hours.
Dragonlord
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by Dragonlord »

tatu wrote:Interesting. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Not sure how GMod is, but do you have to animate the dinosaurs?
G-Mod is mostly used for posing stuff. Animations are not really required.
Leader, Head Programmer: Epsylon | Drag[en]gine ( Wiki )
tatu

Post by tatu »

Yes, I'm aware what GMod is, just wasn't sure how it was, with animation etc :P
Dragonlord
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by Dragonlord »

Adding animation is a pain though unless you can reuse an existing vc file (aka existing AI scripts) and just replace the animation (smd) files. Most mods are just rag-dolls (or pose-dolls in gmod) thus.
Leader, Head Programmer: Epsylon | Drag[en]gine ( Wiki )
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

tatu wrote:Yes, I'm aware what GMod is, just wasn't sure how it was, with animation etc :P
Ugh, I misread you... that's what I get for browsing the forums near midnight instead of going to sleep.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
TheKritter71
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by TheKritter71 »

I played JP the Game. Despite liking I think they overdid it with the dino designs. I hated the Dilphosaurus textures and these 'troodoons' dinos or whateva they are. I think the models in Trespasser and Trescom match the dinos main designs from the movie. The only thing I did like was the T-Rex which looked like it from the movie.
TheKritter71
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by TheKritter71 »

I've returned to porting I guess, sorry to bump but here is what I accomplished

Download it here

http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=132142
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

The rules here are that it's not against the rules to double post if your new post is more than 24 hours newer than your last post.

Some people prefer hitting the edit button on their post, copying the contents, deleting the post, start a new post, past the old contents and add to it. This bumps the thread without adding an additional post.

Anyway, that looks pretty good. I'm one of the creators of East Dock. Draco did the Barbasol can 100% (though I attempted to model it myself, he didn't like my model). We both worked on the Jeep, which I did the original model which he cleaned up and the original textures which he added detail to. I did most of the modeling and he did most of the texturing. machf also did some work with getting the Nedry mesh rigged.

The dinosaurs we used... The Dilophosaurus was created by the TresCom Ops team and was released some years ago in a test level. The Velociraptors I believe were the TresCom Ops model retextured by Second Illiteration that came from JPOG. You can find more of his skins on the main site ( http://www.trescom.org ) in the downloads section under "Editing."

And as for Jurassic Park the Game, I think the main problem Telltale had was that they weren't used to realistic designs. If you look over their portfolio most of their stuff is cartoony. I would think it would be rather hard to get a team of artists, who are used to doing cartoony characters, to come up with realistic characters and rig them appropriately. I also think their lighting engine wasn't that great. If the settings had been lit just a little bit differently it would have looked a lot better than it did. Also it would help if their bumpmaps weren't so exaggerated in some areas. But that's just my opinion.

From what I've seen, when they retooled the engine for The Walking Dead, they added back in walking :lol: I wonder who came up with the stupid idea to get rid of it. The best part of an adventure game is exploring and there isn't a whole lot of it in JP The Game.
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
TheKritter71
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by TheKritter71 »

No offense but you didn't really need to give me the specific details. I did credit Draco and you for the models and that's about it.

I'll be porting more models from JPDS and East Dock and the original game itself (all authors who did the work will get credit)

For now I'm working with someone on a Trespasser map for source and porting some models like the sign and monorail into smds for that

I agree on the JP the Game thing. Anyway cheers and sorry for double-posting bump