Yet another halfassed project I'm working on

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: Yet another halfassed project I'm working on

Post by machf »

glitchhunter09 wrote:Can't argue with you there Machf. It looks kinda patched together. The Protoceratops is also planned for this level as well. However, I haven't decided where to put it yet.
The Protoceratops needs new skins, too.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Second Illiteration »

I could do some skins for all of them, as long as you promise to finish this level :D
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

Oh, I intend to finish it. lol.

In other news, the Baby Torosaurus is now a separate object from the adults. Took a while to get it right as I've never tried to duplicate an object under a different name before for Trespasser. However, I finally got it right and it works fine. Also disabled the ActRam for the baby since it's supposed to be an infant and wouldn't make sense for it to be attacking things.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Actually... isn't Torosaurus supposed to be an adult Triceratops (with Triceratops being a juvenile)?
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

I thought Torosaurus was a seperate species. Anyway, Torosaurus AND Triceratops are in my level. Torosaurus and Triceratops have different horn structures. Torosaurus had straight horns and Triceratops had more curved horns.

Torosaurus
Triceratops
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

Hm. Interesting. I actually haven't kept as close a watch on dinosaur news as I used to. With it being disputed though, it technically is still another species.
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

I actually have had these on photobucket for a couple of days now but here's some new screenshots. I should note that these are in spoilers not only because of how many there are but also because I expose intricate details of the level in my captions below them. View with caution or don't look if you don't want to spoil how the stage looks:
Spoiler: show
Added some grass. This level is gonna kinda be like a plains themed level as I tend to be one of those people who doesn't like placing massive amounts of high poly objects to symbolize a level's beauty. Instead, I tend to make use of the Dinosaurs and make their surrounding environment with as little as possible without over doing it yet adding stuff to make it appeal to others. However, being a forest, there's got to be Trees, so I've tried to make it one of those Tropical plains merged with a forest type scenario. Few trees but enough to be categorized as a small forest as well as a plain.

Accidentally pressed Minus here but there you go. This little building came from TC Isle and I've expanded upon its use. However, it's not being used as an elevator here. Instead, it leads into the massive enclosed plains that lead up into the mountains.

Inside, you'll find a group of four Compies playing around with a cage. They'll attack, though they can't cause damage as was the case in all past levels as far as I can tell. Btw, it's the cage with the hinges from JPDS.

Exiting the building takes you onto a massive plain enclosed by a concrete fence preventing you from escaping via the walls and entering using them as well. Your only method of entry is the area shown above. (or cheating. lol.) The area here is off to the right as you exit the building above and leads to a dead end with a pair of Ankys by a pond being stalked by a Carnotaurus. If you go left after reaching this area, the opposite wall has a trio of raptors. Probably best you let the Carno kill the Ankys before harassing the raptors if you plan on leading them back over to the area with the Carno and the Ankys.

As mentioned above, a Trio of raptors are waiting at the far end. This picture is of two following me to the Anky pond. The third stayed behind.

I thought this was pretty cool so I took another Raptor in the Anky pond pic.

Sometime before the Carno and Ankys, you'll see a Male NanoTyrannus stalking a trio of Paras.

If you go left, you'll run into a posion sackless Dilo stalking three Ouranos. It won't bug you unless you walk up to it. It will be too busy eating the Ouranos to really notice you.

A little ways after that (enough to deactivate the Dilo and Ouranos) a pair of territorial Pacys will attack you. Just bypass them if you can and be on your way. Their wake up range is small. This was on purpose.

sometime later, you'll run into a pair of Protoceratops at the edge of a pond with their nest. They will ram into you. Either shoot them or ignore them.

Across the pond are a pair of Kentrosaurs. The Protos will attack them occasionally so if you've happened to piss off one of the protos, use one of these guys as a sheild and escape.

Then, up ahead is a pair of raptors protecting their nest from a rival pack. Clearly, they almost always win the fights. The female spotted me as I took this and ducked off the side of the screen while jumping at me so that's why she's off screen.

Then after this, we have a group of Dryosaurs. The female raptor is more likely to pursue you. If she does, make sure to run through this area to use the Dryos as a distraction. She'll probably go after them instead most likely unless you're close by. After this, you'll enter the mountains which have more Raptors of each type, a Spino (figured the Spino needed some love since he's neglected A LOT. ) and of course the Giganto and T-Rex having an epic battle on the mountain peaks. The only dino I haven't made any use of yet is Suchomimus. (yep, I REALLY LOVED JPDS! lol.) Figured I'd save him for the deeper parts of the caves.

This pair of Raptors will ambush you if you go the wrong way. They'll come from a cliff high above you and come down the cliff to get you. It's actually kinda cinematic. Especially if one raptor jumps off one part of the slope behind you and one jumps off in front of you.
LtSten
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
Antispam: No

Post by LtSten »

Actually looking really nice Glitch, although the cliff textures look a bit.. well, they look more like kinda bad textures than rock. :P But otherwise, pretty cool. Looking forward to seeing further development on it. :)
Bringing TPA CRCs up the well, amongst other file format adventures.
Blender 3.0 TPM Plugin [Project GitHub]
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

I'd reimport them if it wasn't for the fact I'm out of texture space now. lol. The red spots do get on my nerves but it has to do with the pallete I'm using for the blood and its affecting terrain objects that were already in the level which I never optimized for the new pallete. There is another rock texture I could use, but I don't really like it tbh.
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Second Illiteration »

I think there is a way still to fix that and optimize the textures to remove that problem...but I'm not so sure, it's been a long times since I've tried level editing
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Yes, Rebel is the one who knows best how to do it. Basically, you export everything into a single folder to get all the textures there together, then use GeomAdd to re-generate the .SWP file by pointing it to the location of that folder...
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

Ah. Okay. Thanks. Does this mean I can go up to the max of 14 MBs if I do this? I'm at 7.2 MBs now.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

No, for that you need a blank .SWP file which has been configured to be bigger in the first place... I think there's one lying around.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

machf wrote:No, for that you need a blank .SWP file which has been configured to be bigger in the first place... I think there's one lying around.
Isn't it possible to use Rebels Level Generator tool to make a new .PID and .SWP?