Dino Crisis 2 styled Giganotosaurus in Trespasser

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Dino Crisis 2 styled Giganotosaurus in Trespasser

Post by glitchhunter09 »

As you'll recall in the thread directly before this one, I wanted to do a Dino Crisis 2 styled Giganto. Well here's a picture:
Special thanks to Tatu for helping fix the skin. I appreciate it pal. =) And also, special thanks to everyone who tried to help identify the game crash issues.

As you'll notice, he's very large compared to that tiny T-Rex. Well, that's how big the Giganto in Dino Crisis 2 was compared to the "Cyclops" The game's T-Rex. I'm doing a little test level for it and decided to screw around with some properties. Still need to adjust the hunger values to get it to eat the Rex after it kills it, but it has double the HP of the Rex as well as double the size. This was intentional as well. Just to show you the Giganto in Dino Crisis 2 compared to the T-Rex, here's a video of it and the T-Rex fighting and it killing it. This game was actually made before JP3 came out yet it rings similarity to the battle between the Spino and Rex fight in JP3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9I-X_5JtiY&lc

Many fans of Dino Crisis 2 consider the Giganto a mutant to explain the oversizing. Of course, you'll also notice Tiny T-Rex Arms with two fingers on the supposed Mutant in the video. Most likely a developer's mistake. The Allosaurus in Dino Crisis 2 also has two fingers on Tiny arms but the size of the Allo is much closer to real life scale. The Finger issue here isn't present in this model because it uses a JPOG Charcharodontosaurus model as a base. (I think machf did the original model specifically, though the original skin was done by somebody else so I'm not 100% sure if this version of the model I'm using is the original done by machf or not.

I should note that I also added bool ActRam into him since he uses a lot of head bashes both against the player when they fight him in Dino Crisis 2 and the T-Rex as you'll see in the video. He still does ActBite and seems to do that more than ActRam.

Also, it's only this large in the level I did above. The actual pure unimported model is actual size. I'll upload that version and this level separately once I'm finished tweaking it and the level. Until then, you can download Tatu's fix in the Charcharodontosaurus thread below this one.
LtSten
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
Antispam: No

Re: Dino Crisis 2 styled Giganotosaurus in Trespasser

Post by LtSten »

Ah Dino Crisis 2.. Th etime I spent completed everything possible in that game.. Heh. :P
That looks pretty cool Glitch! Would be nice to get a perspective on its entire body there but the skin looks fine to me. Sure it'll be interesting to see it in action.. ;)
Bringing TPA CRCs up the well, amongst other file format adventures.
Blender 3.0 TPM Plugin [Project GitHub]
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

Well, if you really want to see, I guess I could post a couple more screenshots:
Spoiler: show
They're in a spoiler due to the size and I'm sure people will have trouble loading this page if I don't do that. Anyway, there's a couple more screenshots. The Test level was redone texture wise using my signature Test Level textures of choice. I made a blood pallete for it which is why. The old Contestlev's original colors use an ugly orangish Brown blood color similar to TC Isle. (which doesn't look like blood but more like Barf IMO.) Anyway, rather than recalibrating the original texture, I just did this simplistic Virtual Reality styled one.

Also, the textures are a reference to Dino Crisis 2's Extra Crisis mode.
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Second Illiteration »

There is an actual model for a Giga in a level that machf exported from carnivores cityscape...I've also done some editing to make a different version and have it somewhere or other
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

Well Charcharodontosaurus is pretty close to Giganto so I'm not overly concerned as far as the model goes. The skin was designed for JPOG Charchar anyway. I found the original version of the skin in some guy's JPOG mod. I forget the name but he did a number of Dino Crisis 2 Skins for JPOG. Even Turning a Dilo into an Oviraptor which doesn't look right though the Dino Crisis 2 Oviraptor spits like a JP Dilo. However, it didn't look very good from the picture.

Also, the Cityscape Giganto sounds interesting. But this Giganto gets the job done for now.
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

yeah the giga model is in the Legacy level...(is that what it's called? I think it it). I made the skin for it, though I'm not a huge fan of how that skin turned out. But I also modded a charca model to make a giga too.
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

I actually haven't looked at the Trespasser Legacy levels that much btw. I played the first level but got lost. It was a nightmare lol. I got bored trying to find my way out and finally just gave up. That and the level's many textures weren't easy for my computer to handle very well.
General Kenobi
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by General Kenobi »

That thing is awesome! I love Dino Crisis 2, (excepte for the cliff hanger ending D: ) Is it up for download? We're you able to get it's roar from the game?
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

The level's still not up for download quite yet. I need to finish the cave part of the level and add some more objects to pretty it up.

I'm still not very experience with tpa porting yet. It's currently using the Albertosaur calls. (as are a number of other Carnivores. The Albertosaur's sounds are probably the most fitting for larger carnivores not related to T-Rex (though Albertosaur is related to T-Rex, I'm just saying its sounds in Trespasser work well with many different carnivores.) I do have the giganto's sounds though so when I learn how to port music and sounds properly without them getting them screwed up in the process I probably will.
General Kenobi
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by General Kenobi »

Yeah, I used the Albertosarus' roar for SI's Cryolophosarus in my Causeway level, and my WTP level.
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

I have sounds for probably a dozen carnivore dinosaurs beyond the ones originally in trespasser (including crylophosaurus and giganotasaurus)