Glitch's Playground level

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Glitch's Playground level

Post by glitchhunter09 »

Currently WIP but I'm working on another level. Basically, it's a test level, however, it is quite large and is just there to test a wide open environment and different structure properties. Also just because I wanted to fool around with them some lol. Anyway, here's a few pictures. They're in spoilers because I took several. Keep in mind that I used the old contest level as a base and built off of it since the contest is long over. The stage is significantly large and perfect for people who, like me, need a wide open level. Much better than Startlev and Minilev IMO:
Spoiler: show
SS venture from TC Isle. I'm having issues with polygon count near the bridge so that area is currently blocked off with a baker to prevent crashing. (still crashes if you look up at the ship from underneath though in that spot.) As for the interior of the ship, all areas below deck are pretty much accessible, but I don't have stairs' and Ladders' collision finished yet.... Mostly due to the polygon issues above. SS Venture's main deck is the starting area. Surrounding you are a wide variety of guns.
A gate to a building I spent most of yesterday building from materials in the level's basement. It has two floors and a roof. I was very impressed with the end results. A raptor and Compy occupy the first floor and a Raptor occupies the second. While the one on the second floor get stuck, I'm gonna keep it there because it's cool to have him up there. Plus, he can catch you off guard relatively easily since I placed him close to the stairs that lead up to the second floor. The roof has no dinos on it. There is a soda machine you can knock off of the roof though. (may have a teleport trigger to drop a raptor below the soda machine with certain requirements are met...)
More of the exterior of the building mentioned above.
Interior of the building mentioned above and the compy and raptor also mentioned above.
I used a trigger I got from TC Isle to get this raptor to eat the tasty head of the Trespasser Dev you find in the test scene of the final game. Actually, I can pick it up and the compy will try to eat it out of my hand which is kinda cute in a way. (You have to have ATX's Cloak cheat on since I've programmed the compy to attack at close range.)
This cliff is a spiral cliff. I got the idea from the Basmachee Rocks map in the first Carnivores game. This same mountain I made is actually featured here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TX3All60 ... ideo_title
The raptor being on the very top of course.

As for the idea behind the whole textures for the sky and ground resembling a Virtual Reality simulation, I got the idea from Dino Crisis 2's Extra Crisis mode. (You can see that here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wzyj38sA ... re=related )

Any feedback, questions, model donations, or otherwise are welcome. =) And yeah, I do have some weapons from other peoples' levels, but I'm not sure if I'm gonna release it yet so I haven't asked if I need permission to use them or not. Hopefully, some credit is good enough. If not, then I won't release it unless I get permission first from the individuals. The only couple of things I used were the SS Venture, a few beta weapons not in the Armory stage (Mac 10 with silencer and the other thing. I found these in Primal Chaos and almost shit myself with excitement. lol.

If anybody has the double barrel shotgun or any of the other mystery model weapons fully working, please let me know. The Mystery models with textures file on the site is missing the Tresword program and I can't open it without the proper password.

Edit: First Release: http://www.mediafire.com/?5jri9dh3r80eawm Be sure to read the readme before reporting any bugs and what not. It's important. kay?
Last edited by glitchhunter09 on Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Re: Glitch's Playground level

Post by tatu »

glitchhunter09 wrote:If anybody has the double barrel shotgun or any of the other mystery model weapons fully working, please let me know. The Mystery models with textures file on the site is missing the Tresword program and I can't open it without the proper password.
IIRC the TC test level have a working double barrel shotgun. I know that Prime Chaos got some too.

The mystery models do have the Tresword program. You'll need to open the file (not extract) and drag it out of the file.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
awesome24712
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by awesome24712 »

Looks great, glitch! :D

I look forward to playing it. :)
Check out the HL2 mod I'm helping with: Image
Visit my Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/id/awesome24712/
Visit my YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/user/awesome24712

Post benchamrks:
1 [x] 2 [x] 4 [x] 8 [x] 16 [x] 32 [x] 64 [x] 128 [x] 256 [x] 512 [x] 1024 [ ] 2048 [ ] 4096 [ ] 9192 [ ]
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

Hey Tatu, I'm having issues installing the TC test zone. It keeps telling me I need disc 2. Not sure what that means....
tatu

Post by tatu »

glitchhunter09 wrote:Hey Tatu, I'm having issues installing the TC test zone. It keeps telling me I need disc 2. Not sure what that means....
That's wierd, use Draco's uploaded file of it. Only have to unpack it.

http://www.box.net/shared/cpshg3a80o/1/ ... 24526457/1

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

Thanks. Also, just noticed a large number of animals not on the site in Drac's Animal archive. Are you guys gonna eventually add any of them to the site? I'm tempted to download them, but I'm not sure how good they are in some cases. I actually am thinking of adding a couple to this level maybe but I want to know which ones work properly in advance. Also, played JPDS, I'm very impressed with it and am probably gonna port out some of the objects. I'm sure Drac will be flattered.

The Utility shed should work for the future EFJP project since Drac had intended one to be in it back when he came up with the general game layout.
tatu

Post by tatu »

They work fine. The dinosaurs can be found here: http://jurassicland.uw.hu/index1.php under species. They will be added to the site. Most is dinosaurs from JPOG which machf have rigged.

I have most of the stuff already on discs, but haven't got around to add them, but they will be :)

glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

Nice models. Surprised Charcharodontosaurus hasn't been converted yet. Of course, in OG, it seems to use an enlarged Allosaurus model as a base. Perhaps the same could be done in Trespasser..... With a new skin of course. I'm really hoping for a Giganatosaurus in the future or another one of the hulking Chacharodontosaurids.

Just so I can use this theme for a level:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEPbzwbskqk

edit2: I ran out of texture space. Is there any way to expand upon it and add more textures?

Edit 3: first release being uploaded. The final release may vary. See first post. Also, I uploaded it for both those who were waiting and because I kinda need help with it and anyone who can help, that would be great and Thank you. =)
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

Okay, I'm having an issue making the swp and pid bigger to add more textures (which I kinda need because I'm not done yet.) What I need is someone to download the level that actually KNOWS what they're doing and expand the swp and pid files for me. Please? Also, I have a similar situtation with GiantForestPlains. I tried doing it myself and I ended up losing a year's worth of work because I didn't back it up before hand (I thought TresEd has but it doesn't overwrite backups apparently and I didn't realize this.)

Oh btw, here's the level for anyone interested... WARNING: POTENTIAL CRASHES.

http://www.mediafire.com/?5jri9dh3r80eawm

I have a slightly updated version as well.
http://www.mediafire.com/?5czj6hf3wapoo6f
This one here is the latest version. The ship isn't removed, it's under the terrain until I can get the collision issues sorted out. (more or less until I can do the tedious process of getting every little bit of collision exactly like TC isle's to improve stability. Entering the ship had a bad habit of crashing the game in the previous version above if it's still in there. It's been a while since I checked.) btw, this is the version that needs the swp and pid expanded.
tatu

Post by tatu »

Hey Glitch,
Rebel made a great tool where you could create empty Trespasser level files:
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=6721

You can use that to make new PID and SWP files with the highest among of space they can have. IIRC you can create just the PID and SWP if you want to, and just replace the old ones. Don't forget to extract all the textures from the level first so you can reimport them into the new one. :)
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

I just want to expand the CURRENT ones. Shell generator's what ruined Giant Forest Plains' update. btw, how do I extract them? I don't want to start over just to increase the number of available textures. That's just stupid. Especially since I worked hard on both and don't want to start over.
tatu

Post by tatu »

Here you go, should work:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?p0pu6ii227gy9k6

All I did was to first extract all objects to get the textures. Then I made new SWP and PID files with the max possible space. Then I repleaced the old SWP and PID with the empty ones and just used the "Update SWP" function in GeomAdd. That way you just add the new textures to the new SWP and PID files with more space.

Remember that the objects also need to use the same palette (not only the terrain textures), cause after some time you will extend the palette limit and the textures will get wierd on some objects.
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

Thank you Tatu. I actually have another level as well I need the SWP and PID updated. Think you can handle it?
http://www.mediafire.com/?9erdbb0hav54fvt This is the only other one I'm going to ask you to do. And once again, thanks for your help. =)

Edit: HUH? The level crashes when I load it.... why? Probably has to do with it being originally contestlev. Figures. That's the last time I do anything involving Shell Generator. If one more thing happens I'm quitting Trespasser modding for good because making levels and having this stuff happen all the time is too stressful, even with back ups...
tatu

Post by tatu »

glitchhunter09 wrote:Thank you Tatu. I actually have another level as well I need the SWP and PID updated. Think you can handle it?
http://www.mediafire.com/?9erdbb0hav54fvt This is the only other one I'm going to ask you to do. And once again, thanks for your help. =)

Edit: HUH? The level crashes when I load it.... why? Probably has to do with it being originally contestlev. Figures. That's the last time I do anything involving Shell Generator. If one more thing happens I'm quitting Trespasser modding for good because making levels and having this stuff happen all the time is too stressful, even with back ups...
Try just replacing the SWP and PID files from the one I sent, see if that works.

Going to fix the other one too.

EDIT: The error is on my part, I will check it out tomorrow.
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

You renamed them. The two was in there because I duplicated it for a back up. And that version is the current one. When you removed the 2 you must have screwed something up. The level DOES NOT want to load at all.