Inspiration from a dream...

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Inspiration from a dream...

Post by machf »

Last night I had a dream which I still remembered when I woke up... it was about a very nice Trespasser level, where you started atop a mountain or mesa, and could see the place you had to reach at the opposite end of the valley. Unfortunately, the way down was blocked by... well, I won't give it away. Instead, I'll take that as the starting point for a new level, though I won't start working on it yet...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Re: Inspiration from a dream...

Post by Hilwo »

Sounds interesting :)
Diel
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg
Antispam: No

Post by Diel »

I have just few days back also Trespasser dream... it has its graphic :lol: the terrain textures and shape... the dino-models...
It was some kind of small valley... I was hiding and escaping from two T-Rexes there... the only guns there were of course just in the middle, where you can be attacked from any side you wish, near the crashed jeep... and on a far uphill of valley I saw a crashed aircraft... it looked like B17... and I knew that plane is part of a next level...
But somehow it was also some russian operation/base/whatever... I killed there two red-army soldiers by Calico MP50...
Image . . . . . . . . . . Image
TheXenomorph1
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by TheXenomorph1 »

I hope this dream will come true.
I am an AVP fan, but also a Jurassic Park fan.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

Sounds interesting. :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

You'll have to wait, though.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

actually machf, that sounds a lot like Matt's unreleased level, with the church and such, where you start at a helicopter pad and curve your way down around a sort of circular ridge.. i keep bugging him to release it but he never does. don't suppose you've seen it.
tatu

Post by tatu »

Draconisaurus wrote:actually machf, that sounds a lot like Matt's unreleased level, with the church and such, where you start at a helicopter pad and curve your way down around a sort of circular ridge.. i keep bugging him to release it but he never does. don't suppose you've seen it.
Guess you mean "The Box" level? I remember that, fixed some stuff for him in it :P
Sad it's not released, cause it was some good work in it.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

No, it can't be since I've never seen it...
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Going over the last few days through the various things I have yet to finish, now I'm not sure if I remember this one well, I should have taken further notes back then...
awesome24712
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by awesome24712 »

machf wrote:Going over the last few days through the various things I have yet to finish, now I'm not sure if I remember this one well, I should have taken further notes back then...
Well then fill in the gaps with whatever you think is right. :)
Check out the HL2 mod I'm helping with: Image
Visit my Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/id/awesome24712/
Visit my YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/user/awesome24712

Post benchamrks:
1 [x] 2 [x] 4 [x] 8 [x] 16 [x] 32 [x] 64 [x] 128 [x] 256 [x] 512 [x] 1024 [ ] 2048 [ ] 4096 [ ] 9192 [ ]
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

I think I can remember it, I only hope I'm not remembering it wrong...