Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Tres Texture Archive

Post by Draconisaurus »

http://www.box.net/shared/ie0m2sqak7

I've started a public Box for Trespasser textures. With over three thousand BMP files, it probably comprises the best collection and organization of Tres-ready maps you will ever find. In the spirit of modern "cloud computing", this can take the place of having them all on the computer (I'll eventually be deleting my own archive when I sell this computer later this year). It's probably the first of several similar releases I'll be doing, and I'll update this archive with more textures I have later on... It does include many great textures from fan levels, mainly the TC series. Enjoy.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: Tres Texture Archive

Post by Draconisaurus »

I'm curious - does ANYONE find this useful? I admit, it would be nicer if the hover-previews were a bit bigger. For anyone who just wants them all in folders, a slightly older version was uploaded in three parts via rar archives:
http://www.box.net/shared/4pk3avvkr1
http://www.box.net/shared/sfxsfppznj
http://www.box.net/shared/1ospdgseop
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

Hm.. I don't remember it looked like that last time I saw it, but wow, I guess that will come in handy, rather than go through Trespasser if you want one texture :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
jpfan98
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Post by jpfan98 »

Ok so I am a noob on editing/modding the game. Are these texture packs that you import through TresEd or what? Sorry for not really understanding.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Well, I guess so... they are the textures from different stuff in the Trespasser levels for those who want to reuse them in their own levels, I guess. About whether or not you can legally post them... well...
It would be more interesting if there was an additional list telling which objects use each one.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
tatu

Post by tatu »

It's just texture to use on whatever you want, it's not to be used on a certain object. It's basicly if you want a wood texture, you go into that folder and see different wood textures.

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

No, I mean, it would be interesting to see what each one is originally used for in Trespasser...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
tatu

Post by tatu »

Oh yeah. Some of the stuff you can tell, I guess we have to bug Draco about it since he made it hehe

jpfan98
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Post by jpfan98 »

Okay so you put them in your own level. But what if I wanted to put them in the ATX version of Tres?
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Huh? ATX is an executable, not a level...
jpfan98
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Post by jpfan98 »

I know...sorry I know I make no sense. But what im saying is what if I want to play it in like the regular game or ATX. I know ATX isn't a level. I want to put it in the game not a level. And once again I am new to some of this stuff.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Unless you use some ATX-specific actions, there is no reason a level won't load in regular Trespasser...
LtSten
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by LtSten »

For using these textures I presume you essentially copy/paste and rename to replace the texture in the model's directory if it's the right size, and import into the level... ATX or not, shouldn't make a difference...
Bringing TPA CRCs up the well, amongst other file format adventures.
Blender 3.0 TPM Plugin [Project GitHub]
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

LtSten appears to be one of the few who vaguely comprehends this :P This is a texture archive. It's used by:
1) Modders who can actually make new models, and apply textures to those models, so they don't have to hunt down Tres-suitable textures and do all the needed conversion
2) Modders who create new-looking objects by replacing the textures of an existing model(s) with others. For example you can turn a brick building into a wooden one, or turn a nice-looking wall into a crappy one, or even just to make new terrain objects.
3) Modders who can do one or both of those and also find their way around a 2D editing app such as Photoshop. This evolving resource has been critical to me and my modding friends since I began it years ago. There's no need to know what texture goes to what object - if you have the object, you will automatically have the texture.. The point of the textures is to give things a certain look, or replace one look with another, so dictating the object of origin would defeat the point in a lot of ways.
RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by RexHunter99 »

I understood this, I don't understand how barely anyone else did.

My view of it is, this is an archive of textures from Trespasser levels, it's handy because it allows modders/artists access to the resources without having to load a level and scour it for the textures they want then export the model with the texture(s) so they can use it.
~ They told me humans weren't real... I proved them wrong.
ImageAnthropology ~ A beautiful tale.
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!