Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

trikehunter234
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg
Antispam: No

I am creating a level i need new ideas new dinos

Post by trikehunter234 »

Can you guys please help me out on dinos i want water dinos ones that swim underwater i know it is possible i heard of it in chronzergs mod the lagoon i need new ideas every single idea i had trespasser cant handle
raptor grass where theres lost world inspration when the group goes into the svannah and starts getting picked off one by one trespasser cant handle 7000 grass instances
together ive tried to make a dam but trespasser
can't handle a big water instance ive got nothing.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Re: I am creating a level i need new ideas new dinos

Post by tatu »

Infact, Trespasser can even handle 20,000 grass objects at once.
I don't think chronzerg really did make a dinosaur swim, not underwater.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: I am creating a level i need new ideas new dinos

Post by Draconisaurus »

You can have a lot of grass instances in one place at once. You just can't have draw distance up much, if at all, at the same time. It's a trade-off. Always keep an eye on your draw distance when experimenting with dense environments. See LostJungle, here at TresCom, for a fun raptor-infested long grass area. It's important to keep density down, so not so many grass objects are rendering in full detail at once. That is, put more space between each grass object... And put the scale at 2.0 or so.

For water instances, they can be made pretty big, just not TOO big. You can also take 4 squares to make 4 sections of water that appear to be one large one, if you don't mind the ripples cutting off. You can also use other kinds of objects to simulate water, the way oceans do.