Things to put in TresEd :)

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Take it out of compatibility mode and simply right click on tresed's
executable and choose 'run as administrator'.

For the Record, I tested it on Vista's Home Premium 32 Edition,
using the above settings. I'm not using OpenGL. Mick's problem
may be display driver related if it crashes upon rendering. That's
another problem altogether and one that needs to be sorted out
separately.
Mickey
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Mickey »

My Tests so far:
Compatibility mode Windows 95 and running as admin, Trespasser Editor doesn’t even let me clicking on the Load level… option On the menu it just crashes with no Error message what so ever.

Compatibility mode Windows 98/ Windows Me and running as admin, Trespasser Editor doesn’t even let me clicking on the Load level… option On the menu it just crashes with no Error message what so ever.

Compatibility mod Windows NT 4.0 (Service Pack 5) and running as admin, Trespasser Editor doesn’t even let me clicking on the Load level… option On the menu it just crashes with no Error message what so ever.

Compatibility mod Windows 2000 and running as admin, Trespasser Editor doesn’t even let me clicking on the Load level… option On the menu it just crashes with no Error message what so ever.

Compatibility Mode Windows Xp (Service Pack 2) and running as admin, it let me click on the option to Load Level and select the level but when loading after its finished it just crashes without an Error once again
Specs:
Windows Vista Ultimate
1Gb of Ram
Intel Celeron M
Graphic card
On-board Mobile Intel(R) 945 Express Chipset Family
Rebel wrote:Take it out of compatibility mode and simply right click on tresed's
executable and choose 'run as administrator'.

For the Record, I tested it on Vista's Home Premium 32 Edition,
using the above settings. I'm not using OpenGL. Mick's problem
may be display driver related if it crashes upon rendering. That's
another problem altogether and one that needs to be sorted out
separately.
Thank for the reply Rebel, I try that one as well and still didn't work.
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Well, I'm out of ideas for you, Mick. I just ran across the street to
my niece's house and tried TresEd out on her computer (she has
Vista Basic) and it worked just fine there too (running as AdMin,
no compatibility).

Maybe it just don't like Ultimate? 64bit architecture?
Mickey
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Mickey »

Rebel wrote:Well, I'm out of ideas for you, Mick. I just ran across the street to
my niece's house and tried TresEd out on her computer (she has
Vista Basic) and it worked just fine there too (running as AdMin,
no compatibility).

Maybe it just don't like Ultimate? 64bit architecture?
Well I had Vista Basic before and it did the same thing :? Must have something to do with my drivers maybe who knows lol and its 32 Bit :)
Never mind thanks for the help anyway :wink:
Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-
Antispam: No

Post by Slugger »

Mickey, for what it's worth, you'll recall that I was having problems running TresEd on Vista. Setting Admin privledges fixed it.
0066521C: 'Cannot create local swap file - Is Trespasser installed??',0Ah,0
"Cold lino was the driving force behind world power!"
Mickey
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Mickey »

Slugger wrote:Mickey, for what it's worth, you'll recall that I was having problems running TresEd on Vista. Setting Admin privledges fixed it.
Nope still doesn't work :?
T-REXHarley
Triceratops
Triceratops

Re: Things to put in TresEd :)

Post by T-REXHarley »

wait wait wait! im confused. we got a patch that makes it run on vista? who made it? was it the origional creator of tresed? i hope so, that guys my hero :nerd: also, id like to see sopport for normalmapping brought back so pml can look all nice with cool raptor shading.
Beware the great ginger afro-man.
Shadow Wolf
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus
Location: living underground in the middle of freaking nowhere

Post by Shadow Wolf »

T-REXHarley wrote:wait wait wait! im confused. we got a patch that makes it run on vista? who made it? was it the origional creator of tresed? i hope so, that guys my hero :nerd: also, id like to see sopport for normalmapping brought back so pml can look all nice with cool raptor shading.
no patch, just set the compatability to "run as administrator", I'm afraid as far as I know Andres is still busy working for a game company or something...
post something intelligent before I go insane from a combination of exhaustion and boredom
lklk40
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by lklk40 »

I Actually have a thing i want in tresed, if someone can get the source from him, maybe we can get it. I would like to have an instant ingame feature, kinda like Crysis sandbox 2, you can just press ctrl+g and your ingame, in the editor. It wouldnt be that hard to make a sim of it, not the actual game. That would be really Awsome and helpful. Thx.
Chris Roupé
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by Chris Roupé »

ehh.. Sory but i like trespasser like it is, It's easy, save the map and open trespasser click "ctrl+shift+q+w" and choose map.. Well, and It wont be trespasser, it's Farcrys sandbox, but i like your ideas :)...
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

What you just described is the old GUIapp (or GUInterface, the name varies depending on the source) the original developers used back then when working on Trespasser...

I believe there are quite a few screenshots of it in the "COncept Art"section of the site:

http://trescom.3dactionplanet.gamespy.c ... eptart.htm

http://trescom.3dactionplanet.gamespy.c ... ed/454.jpg
http://trescom.3dactionplanet.gamespy.c ... ed/453.jpg
http://trescom.3dactionplanet.gamespy.c ... /tp010.jpg
http://trescom.3dactionplanet.gamespy.c ... rex-ed.jpg
http://trescom.3dactionplanet.gamespy.c ... ex-ed2.jpg

There are a few more, I think...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
lklk40
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by lklk40 »

would there be anyway to get that? if so, i could rock its world.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

lklk40 wrote:would there be anyway to get that? if so, i could rock its world.
Not likely but who knows, anything's possible.
:lol:! It's even got that bloody paper airplane.. seems like they're using it a bit like we use TPDC. I wonder if they could really use GUIApp like that.. would be cool to find out..
(Btw, if you use the level-load actiontype in a level and specify a non-existant scene file, you get a display just like that (without the rex or pivot + signs; basically you're at 0,0,0 facing 0,0,0 with no functional interaction)
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Draconisaurus wrote:
lklk40 wrote:would there be anyway to get that? if so, i could rock its world.
Not likely but who knows, anything's possible.
The point is, the Trespasser Team made a tool with the same functionality as those sandbox editors all those years ago... too bad they didn't release it together with the game, imagine how much that would have added to its replay value at the time.
:lol:! It's even got that bloody paper airplane.. seems like they're using it a bit like we use TPDC. I wonder if they could really use GUIApp like that.. would be cool to find out..
(Btw, if you use the level-load actiontype in a level and specify a non-existant scene file, you get a display just like that (without the rex or pivot + signs; basically you're at 0,0,0 facing 0,0,0 with no functional interaction)
Which means that thing is some default element that wasn't removed from the TestScene...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

machf wrote:Which means that thing is some default element that wasn't removed from the TestScene...
Pretty much. What's fascinating to me is that it has a green + sign, meaning it's an invisible object that could be moved (in that image). Would be cool to look into..