Things to put in TresEd :)

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

IsToR
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Things to put in TresEd :)

Post by IsToR »

Please write down things that you would like to see in future releases of Andres' fantastic level editor, TresEd! :wink:

Here's my addition:

==================================

* Grouping objects. The data doesn't have to be saved in the level files, but maybe in a config file i.e "mylevel.cfg". Then when opening the level, tresed knows which objects are grouped to each other by reading the config file. Maybe it could look something like this:

Group-00 {
object1-00
object2-04
}

Group-01 {
object6-00
object87-04
}

* Maybe integrate GeomAdd in TresEd?

* The move to ground feature is very good :) . Perhaps also a feature that allows the user to align objects to each other?

I just want to thank Andres for this wonderful piece of software :), Great job man!
Last edited by IsToR on Mon Nov 25, 2002 12:02 am, edited 3 times in total.
IsToR
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by IsToR »

You guys? I know you're looking at this thread.. :). This is in order to help Andres with a few ideas, so come on, it's not that hard! :)
madppiper
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by madppiper »

this is actually a nice idea. I'll make sure, that Andres takes alook at it...
Andres
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Andres »

IsToR, what sort of aligning to you mean?

About grouping. While TresEd doesn't do 'grouping' as such, it can do something very similar, which allows a number of objects to be moved as a group after selecting only one. This is done by using the ext_Model00 value, which behaves just like Model00, except that only TresEd uses it, and Trespasser will ignore it.

First you need to choose a model to be the 'master', this is the one that you will select in order to move the whole group. This can either be a normal object, or you could insert a new mesh using the Hacking menu and then change its TScript to some kind of object that does not show up in the game. Then list the members of the group as ext_Model00 objects. Here's an example TScript for the master object:

group MyNewObject = {
bool Visible = false
string ext_Model00 = "SomeModel"
string ext_Model01 = "SomeOtherModel"
}
IsToR
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by IsToR »

Andres wrote:IsToR, what sort of aligning to you mean?
Let's say I have a box and a wall. the box is about 10-20 yards (on the X-axis) from the wall. Now I want it to be moved to the wall. I want it to stand beside the wall. This can be a bit tricky some times (time-consuming is perhaps a better word for it), because how far the model will go when pressing CTRL+W depends on the size of the model. So it would be easier I think if there was such an align feature. Example: I click first on the wall, then on the box and then I press something like CTRL+ALT+X, and the box moves to the wall (about the same way as the move to ground feature moves an object to the ground). The first model I select is the one that does not move, and the other models move to the first one.

Something like that. :) :wink:
Andres
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Andres »

I'll make a not of that, it does sound handy. I probably won't have time to implement it until January though, as I am away from home (travelling around Europe) until then.

BTW, Ctrl+W was intended only for moving objects long distances (eg. after flying to some other part of the level). Fine tuning of object positions should be done by dragging them. Click to select, then right-click-and-drag to move the object. If you fly up above the wall, it shouldn't be too hard to see when the object is right next to it. Also, you can hold down the keys 1, 2, or 3 to make the object move only in the direction of one axis.
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Andres, hits on a good point here; 'fine tuning' a model's position. Not sure about anyone else, but the 1st location of a model is very seldom its final position. You may add a few objects here n' there, draw back on the view a bit or come in from a different angle and decide that your 'perfect' model location, isn't so perfect afterall. Hell, I've moved the same model (for asthetic reasons) 30, 40 and sometimes 50 times before becoming satisfied with the overall picture.
LAW9
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by LAW9 »

How much can this editor do so far? I haven't checked it out yet and I'm wondering if the interface is simple enough for a total rookiee to learn.

Unfortunately the most complex thing I've3 done is Unrealed.
madppiper

Post by madppiper »

first of all: nifty sig of yours... :)

and second: I think that TresEd is actually quite easy to use. Afterall it used to be just a plain Viewer for the level files. So the first steps, such as editing an existing level should be quite easy...
LAW9
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by LAW9 »

Thanks! I whipped it up last night when I saw this forum. :) I love to make a good impression with my sig.

Also great about the editor! I'm deffinately gonna get it now! :D
IsToR
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by IsToR »

I would much like to be able to see the size of objects in trespasser units. :)
Nem
-=TresCom Administrator=-
-=TresCom Administrator=-
Antispam: No

Post by Nem »

I know Andres is extremely busy right now...

But recently I noticed that larger objects (walls, rocks) have a somewhat clumsy movement when trying to make small adjustments.

I can make small adjustments to smaller objects just fine, but when i try to move a larger one, it takes small leaps, hardly noticeble until you zoom in.

Not that big of a trouble, but I thought i should post it here, for the record.
guilherme
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

for the next!

Post by guilherme »

Auto generait "bones" of things.
For exemple we have some steps to import, now we must to create the invisible tangible boxes, so what may be good is TresEd auto-generait it.
If we have something like
||............... ||
||............... ||
||_______||

if we write on T-Script bool Tangible we cannot trespass it into the object, so we must to put the "bones" to may.

Andres try to do this.
is more a thing for your wunderfull programs.

People Be cool.
scallenger

Post by scallenger »

One thing that is always hard for me is when I try to export a building, and its hard for me to get the building with all the invisible instances too (like the invisible physics for example). Could there be some way to export a model where all that is automatically attached? Like a "export model with invisible instances" option or something? Or do you already have that but I have overlooked? lol ;)
Asjad
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Antispam: No

Post by Asjad »

All u have to do is turn on all invisible features,remove any voiceovers from the building if u like,then select the whole building(use the latest TresEd version)and export it as TPM that should do it scallenger. :wink: