Which Level...

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Which level do you think will be released first??

JPO Demo
53%
Pens
5%
Ingen Water treatment plant
5%
JPDS1
26%
Lone Hunter
No votes
A TC release
5%
Other
5%

Total votes: 19

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Which Level...

Post by Draconisaurus »

I got to wondering the other day what people's thoughts are on the currently in-development levels.. I'm curious to know which mods people think are most likely to come out sooner. Have a vote!
makairu
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Re: Which Level...

Post by makairu »

JPO, I think he said the end of march...
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

I picked Hppav's JPO. Seems most active and most likely to be released in the short term. Tc has already had a release a few months back, Machf is a perfectionist (mean that in a good way), so I don't see him doing another Pens release until he's ready to do so and Drac, I've grown old waiting for JPDS.

Others might be a solid choice as well. Seems to be alot of individuals working on projects, sometimes without mention until they're released.
Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Slugger »

My money is on JPO.

That, or Half-Life 2: Episode 3. :P
0066521C: 'Cannot create local swap file - Is Trespasser installed??',0Ah,0
"Cold lino was the driving force behind world power!"
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Veeerrrry interesting results... No pressure, Sam! :P

And btw, last I checked, machf actually has something of an anti-perfectionist notion of projects, however much it's practiced or not. I recall having a discussion with him once on the subject, and he insisted that it was more important to actually bring projects to finished form in reasonable time.. Pens is only so delayed because of that new job he took on. Though, I'm not sure what he's doing just these days.. Care to enlighten us? :P
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Staying sick in bed, right now.

I'm still working on the Pens, most of what's left to be done is triggers and all the "filler" stuff (equipment, indoors furniture, that sort of thing), and some minor terrain editing here and there. And I may ask S.I. for a couple of textures...
What's taking some time away, too, is working on the TPA sound names, the T-Script Reference and the File Formats... but all that is required to a certain degree for the development of the level, after all.

Oh, and in case I haven't already mentioned it before: Pens is a big test level, in a fashion, with things for people to use later on their own levels. I'm tempted to release an unfinished version, but being this close to finish it, better not.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Anna
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Anna »

Hehe, I chose JPDS1, only because I know how much Draco have been working on it lately :P
Yes, my avatar is indeed a dino cookie.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

I think JPDS also.. xP Draco, I get to work on it tomorrow :wink:
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Nah... at any moment another earlier Beta could pop out of somewhere, or the source code, or the developers' tools, or the full script for Trespasser, and Drac would stop working on JPDS to look at that.
Or he might decide he doesn't want to use computers anymore and go live in the middle of the woods with no contact whatsoever with civilization...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
enigma
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by enigma »

Probably could remove Lone Hunter, starting to move away from it now. Might go back to it in a simpler form, though definitely won't be released at all soon.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

machf wrote:Nah... at any moment another earlier Beta could pop out of somewhere, or the source code, or the developers' tools, or the full script for Trespasser, and Drac would stop working on JPDS to look at that.
Uhhh, unless you know something I don't, I really doubt that happening at this time :P
Or he might decide he doesn't want to use computers anymore and go live in the middle of the woods with no contact whatsoever with civilization...
Nono, that's not for many months yet, and it's *limited* contact, except perhaps insofar as my books are concerned (and certain friends). And yet, some folk of the same persuasion keep up good blogs, we'll see how I choose to handle it.. Much sooner than that, I'll just be off the computer most of the time, after JPDS. Releasing JPDS from my soul requires a complete, public release I'm afraid..

And enigma, that's a bit sad to hear :( but I have a feeling it was just too big a bite for one person.. so I know the feeling, and reconciling the fact sooner than later is the right thing to do.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Big Red just released a new version of ATX yesterday, go play with that for a while. It's got something people have been wanting for quite some time now...
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Really? All I heard about that's relevant to modders would be FOV setting in the config file, and aspect rat--- :|!!!! Wait, is that about widescreen adjustment?!?!?! FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
enigma
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by enigma »

Its more of a case of priorities for me, it could be done still, though unlikely.
Made plenty of models, don't want to waste them, either this or someone can make use of them after some prep work.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

enigma wrote:Its more of a case of priorities for me, it could be done still, though unlikely.
I know exactly how you feel. I only don't throw JPDS out the window because it has 5 years of my time and creative blood in it, not to mention many hours from other team mates.. I have to do justice to all that.
And yeah, creating a smaller version of your level to make best use of what you have completed or could easily yet complete may be the best option. The teasers in CC were quite promising.