Summit-X

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Chupacabra
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Summit-X

Post by Chupacabra »

Since GeomAdd insists on crashing every time I try to import something, I've spent my time making the Summit level damn near impossible. I felt it was rather easy, but I didn't want to screw with the level too much, such as Terrain, new triggers, etc. I have bad luck with the retail levels in those departments lol. Anywho, some cloning and simple tweaks later, I give you my Summit-X level. A few ground rules to start with however:

1. YOU MUST PLAY THIS WITH NIGHT MODE ENABLED, it's for aesthetic reasons, if you look at the level in TresEd or play it normally, you'll see why almost immediately, plus it's just scarier that way
2. idk how beast all your computers are, but with mine I have to run it with Quality and Draw Distance all the way down, also due to the above reason (If I wanted to try messing with teleportation I could have avoided this, but better safe than an unfixable level...it's happened to me too many times)

The only major changes in the level are the layout of the "ground" level, the puzzle to get on the roof is only a bit harder, but there's a seemingly endless flood of raptors that must be taken care of before anything can be done. However, that being said, I tweaked the Deagle to sound like the Barret and deal 1000 damage and 5000 push :) Can you say stopping power :) There's also a Deagle next to every default gun on the map for good reason. There's some hidden guns as well that you'll actually need to find if you plan on actually surviving the first part, those of you who find the little things amusing will probably find them first ;)

The final tip, is kill everything, at least for the sake of inactive raptors, which if you plan on running through the whole thing, there will be plenty of. I pretty much wanted this level to feel like your standard "Waves of Enemies" present day video game level, so there's no shortage of raptors at any point. I hope you all enjoy my half assed slaughterfest :)

DOWNLOAD: http://www.mediafire.com/?dmoxcjutygh

P.S. Tell me if those files don't work, I took the .scn, .grf, and .wtd from the Patch folder, and the 130.pid and the 130.spz from Data, I'm pretty sure that was correct, if not tell me and I'll reupload :)
Lex: I'm a hacker!
Tim: That's what I said: you're a nerd.
Lex: I am not a computer nerd. I prefer to be called a hacker!
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Re: Summit-X

Post by tatu »

lol I think the level got too many raptors, since the tres enigne only can handle something like 4 at the same time. It lag for me. But it's a nice work :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Those screenshots are dark. I crashes for me, the loading screen doesn't even appear.

EDIT: Never mind, it was because the SWP was compressed into a SPZ. You do know zipping a SWP compresses more than compressing it into a SPZ, right?

Holy shoot! That's a lot of raptors! :o
Last edited by Nick3069 on Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chupacabra
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Chupacabra »

tatu wrote:lol I think the level got too many raptors, since the tres enigne only can handle something like 4 at the same time. It lag for me. But it's a nice work :)
Thats why I keep the quality and Draw Distance down, I also forgot to mention that I upped the Max amount of active dinos to 20 in the ATXconfig.ini file, this was purely for overkill to get as many active as I could, it usually yields up to 7 raptors at once from my experience
Lex: I'm a hacker!
Tim: That's what I said: you're a nerd.
Lex: I am not a computer nerd. I prefer to be called a hacker!