Trespasser Voice Overs

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Egghead
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Trespasser Voice Overs

Post by Egghead »

Okay, I was sitting in Math class today thinking about how much I wanted to play Trespasser then I thought back to the forums and recalled someone saying that Anne's voice seemed like it could use some enthusiasm. Well, would it be possible to record a whole new set of Anne voice overs and replace the ones in the retail Stream.tpa with them? I think it would be interesting to have a new set of voice overs for Anne.
The Trespasser Movie Directory
http://tresmovdir.websitebuilderfree.com/
enigma
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Re: Trespasser Voice Overs

Post by enigma »

If you can find a suitable female and the recording can be done nice and clean... 100% possible. The someone to just go through and replace each of the voice files in the tpa's, which would be a long process but just as easy as as the first part.
The recording is easy too, a small sound studio can be made in a box with a couple of foam pads, and a relatively good quality independent mic, nothing too fancy is really needed these days.
Egghead
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Egghead »

Actually, I have a pretty nice microphone (40 dollars) from Best Buy so maybe if I can find someone to do voice acting I'll give it a try!
The Trespasser Movie Directory
http://tresmovdir.websitebuilderfree.com/
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Honestly, that would be a LOT of work, don't kid yourself (time between voiceovers and multiple takes will make the whole list take at least two sessions I think), but sure it's possible. I was preparing to have a coworker do the voice of the female player-character in JPDS ("Tasha"), over a year ago, but so much got cut (and other drama at work) that it's just not going to happen.

It would be much cooler, I think, to see someone create a complete set of new voiceovers with a female voice actress (or male :yum:), for some new levels. And anyway, Mini Driver's voice is kinda.. iconic around here. I'm not sure how many people would actually care to have all her tallent replaced. I never personally considered the acting to be lacking enthusiasm, where due. :?