Just a little project I'm working on. Do you like it?

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Re: Just a little project I'm working on. Do you like it?

Post by Draconisaurus »

glitchhunter09 wrote:Well, I'm having some issues. Currently, I've been attempting to make a darker sky for my level but unfortunately I don't know how to replace textures. I was told once but the way the person said it didn't work or didn't make any sense to me.

How do I change the sky?
There is a triangle under the terrain with the word "sky" in it, with a sky texture. Export this object and give it a new texture somehow to give a new sky texture. I believe the one from startlev is actually the PV sky object, however it's named..
Also, I'd really appreciate it if someone made a special model of the wall so I wouldn't have to use vegetation to cover up the holes.
I just want the missing piece, not a whole new wall.
What holes? And in IT_Reloaded (which erm.. hopefully you DLed while it was up), I included some repeatable sections of the type of wall you're using, which came from the Mystery Models.. could help.
You don't see me creating models because I most likely will make things that aren't actually dinosaurs let alone anything else. It would just be a weird blob with vertices. Also, downloading the compatible programs is annoying for me at this point in time due the shittiness of my internet connection.
:lol: Understandable.
Also:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v006aEsBUlQ

Its a video of the map. Its only been slightly updated since then.
:? Sorry but the vid was not that great to watch lol, pretty much just several minutes of the woo cheat on hefty dinos in a repetitive environment. Nice music, though..
There is also a Labyrinth 2 planned. Labyrinth 2 will be done differently the original Labyrinth and will avoid the flaws and problems that plagued the first Labyrinth. Plus, this map will use zero collision blocks because it will be using objects that have them embeded in their mesh already. I've currently got the exit and outer perimeters finished and have added one dinosaur.
Sounds like a plan... Potentially better than fixing the current one.
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

Well I'm not scrapping my original level, it will instead be the first part of a series of levels. Its going to exist still but it needs to be heavily worked on. Thanks for telling me about the mystery model. You know what, I'm going to give you my Labyrinth level so you can help fix its flaws.

As for the Sky texture, do I need to get rid of the original? Also, I tried reimporting it and I ended up not being able to because it said that the object already exists. Do I need to delete it first? I created a new copy of it and it didn't work when I reimported it and deleted the original.

I'm not even sure how to change terrain textures for that matter.

I actually didn't download your IT_Reloaded because I never knew it existed. Also, chances are that my connection would make it impossible to do so. (Primarily if you are using FilePlanet.)

Yeah, the whole youtube video was, meh. I agree with you on that.

You know what I'd really love in my level? A pit full of deadly spikes at the bottom that cause dinosaurs to get impaled with blood gushing out when they hit the bottom if they happen to fall in and an instant death for Anne if she falls in.
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

glitchhunter09 wrote:As for the Sky texture, do I need to get rid of the original? Also, I tried reimporting it and I ended up not being able to because it said that the object already exists. Do I need to delete it first? I created a new copy of it and it didn't work when I reimported it and deleted the original.
There is a checkbox in geomadd that goes something like replace existing mesh, check it
glitchhunter09 wrote:I'm not even sure how to change terrain textures for that matter.
Same as importing any other model with a few differences; the model is flat, the texture need to use the same palette as the other terrain textures and you need to click the terrain texture button in TresEd to move them around.
glitchhunter09 wrote:I actually didn't download your IT_Reloaded because I never knew it existed. Also, chances are that my connection would make it impossible to do so. (Primarily if you are using FilePlanet.)
He didn't upload it to fileplanet, IIRC, he uploaded it to box.net.
glitchhunter09 wrote:You know what I'd really love in my level? A pit full of deadly spikes at the bottom that cause dinosaurs to get impaled with blood gushing out when they hit the bottom if they happen to fall in and an instant death for Anne if she falls in.
You could use the spikes in the mayan temple in TC Ops level.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Nick3069 wrote:
glitchhunter09 wrote:I actually didn't download your IT_Reloaded because I never knew it existed. Also, chances are that my connection would make it impossible to do so. (Primarily if you are using FilePlanet.)
He didn't upload it to fileplanet, IIRC, he uploaded it to box.net.
BE Reloaded, yes, but not IT Reloaded, I think.. IT was on the server that I no longer have. :yum: I'm not sure if IT Reloaded will fit, but I'm going to try now.. If it works, I'll link it in its thread.

EDIT: Box.net requires a paid account above 25 MB per file. There are plenty of ways I could work around that (including buying the paid account, I doubt it's too expensive) but for now, just wait until I have time to complete a newer version of the level (which will include the new time of day)...
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

I just added a new Sky. What do you guys think? to be honest I like it but the horizon line is just too blue. Anyway to change it to a deep grey per chance?
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

You mean the fog color? Yes, it can be changed thanks to ATX, but will also affect all other level.
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

Oh well, I was actually just curious about that but since its something that has to be changed externally then I actually did good. (for once.) Thanks for telling me though.
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

I had edited the fog for a specific level before. I believe there's a trigger for it in retail levels but I forget the name. You can manually set the RGB values of the fog color through there.
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

Oh thanks. I'll keep that in mind. I just need to figure out where the RGB values are in TresED.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Well, the full explanation is that hardware-mode Trespasser does not render fog color properly, so your level's starting fog color will not be used unless the scene is regenerated (such as minimizing and restoring the game, or changing resolution, etc.). I pointed out to Big Red a while back that the ATXconfig fog color seemed to be applied no matter what (whether the "use" was set to 0 or 1) and he then fixed it. That blue color you see is the default ATX override fog. If you have the latest version, you should be able to set the fog override to 0 and get automatically white fog, if you like that better (of course, be sure it's set to white in your level as well, with the start fog trigger, or it may change). My startlev releases all have the typical starting trigger set, which includes fog, so just go into that (you can search the level for "fog" in Ctrl+F) and set it however you want. Use my level fog~zone to see how fog density settings work.
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

Well since it can be simply fixed by flipping the Resolution I think I'll leave it.

Added a new ground texture. Its kind of poor quality but it was the best I got currently.
enigma
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by enigma »

That's looking a bit like Doom is stepping in. :)

It does look good though, very different and evil.
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

Its leftover from My Carnivores 2 Mount Hell RSC mod. A person on the saga found it for me originally.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Whoa dude, that is actually an awesome terrain texture (minus the green splotches). The entire level looks better already! :lol:
Anna
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Anna »

Woah.. I really like that terrian! :|. The level is so much less boring (yeah, sorry, but the envirointment wasn't good :?), and that ground texture gives a reason why there wouldn't be any trees :P
Yes, my avatar is indeed a dino cookie.