Just a little project I'm working on. Do you like it?

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Re: Just a little project I'm working on. Do you like it?

Post by glitchhunter09 »

Egghead wrote:Hey, I played your level last night, it was quite interesting. Helluva maze, took me three hours to get out. I noticed Anne walked a bit slower than normal though and there was a lack of guns. (maybe i just couldn't find them)
There are actually guns. I will admit that you will have to go out of the way to find them though as they aren't on the main path. the walking slower might have to do with my attempt to cover up the holes in the maze wall by shoving and exact dupilicate of the wall's mesh inside of it facing in the opposite direction.

I'm still working on getting her tattoo to change colors when she gets injured. Hey Draco, can you tell me what controls the tattoo?
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

glitchhunter09 wrote:I'm still working on getting her tattoo to change colors when she gets injured. Hey Draco, can you tell me what controls the tattoo?
Simple, export Anne, replace the heart tattoo textures, then re-import her.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

No that's not it.. If you used an older version of startlev, I think *maybe* it used the version of Anne from TC~river which doesn't have proper script. Be sure she has this script:

Code: Select all

group Anne = {
    string Class = "Player"
    int PVA = -2
    int NumJoints = 20
    int NumDoubleJoints = 2
    int Normals = 2
    int AnimSubMaterial = 8
    string Anim00 = "Anne2_Health_100t2.bmp"
    string Anim01 = "Anne2_Health_90t2.bmp"
    string Anim02 = "Anne2_Health_80t2.bmp"
    string Anim03 = "Anne2_Health_70t2.bmp"
    string Anim04 = "Anne2_Health_60t2.bmp"
    string Anim05 = "Anne2_Health_50t2.bmp"
    string Anim06 = "Anne2_Health_40t2.bmp"
    string Anim07 = "Anne2_Health_30t2.bmp"
    string Anim08 = "Anne2_Health_20t2.bmp"
    string Anim09 = "Anne2_Health_10t2.bmp"
    string Anim10 = "Anne2_Health_deadt2.bmp"
    string A00 = "$Anne_Gun1-00"
    string A01 = "$Anne_Bat-00"
    string A02 = "$Anne_Gun2-00"
    string A03 = "$Anne_Barrett-00"
    string A04 = "$Anne_TranqPistol-00"
    string A05 = "$Anne_Benelli-00"
    string A06 = "$Anne_ButtonFinger-00"
    string A07 = "$Anne_Natural-00"
    string A08 = "$Anne_Rock-00"
    string A09 = "$Anne_Bird-00"
    string A10 = "$Anne_HamRev-00"
    string A11 = "$Anne_KeyCard-00"
    string A12 = "$Anne_HuntRifle-00"
    bool Shadow = false
    string Hand = "$AnneHand"
    string Foot = "$AnneFoot"
    string Body = "$AnneBody"
}
I plan to have machf upload a new startlev I've made as soon as server access is back.. Wait, machf, have you been given it back already?
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

You pro level-builders should really be using my Shell Generator. It creates the most pristine level files possible. For newbies, well perhaps they're better off with the startlev.
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Draconisaurus wrote:No that's not it.. If you used an older version of startlev, I think *maybe* it used the version of Anne from TC~river which doesn't have proper script.
Oh, that's what he meant. I thought the tattoo changes but he wanted to change the color of the tattoo, like make the heart blue instead of red.
Rebel wrote:You pro level-builders should really be using my Shell Generator. It creates the most pristine level files possible. For newbies, well perhaps they're better off with the startlev.
That's what I use, it's much more simple if you want to make level from scratch, instead of using a starter level and replacing everything.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Well yeah Reb, startlev is definitely intended for n00bs, though I use it myself a fair bit since I have a habit of creating random test levels..

As I recall, I decided to gather all the "empty level" assets that were around (minilev, XX, "Tres File Creator" (not sure if I have shell generator but I think it produces XX or uses the same files)), and compare them in a number of ways, including total palettes used, existing texture space used, etc. I found that all or almost all of them contained the palette entries for the minilev textures (it's been a while, but IIRC, it's the palettes for -terrain -player -"standard" (dummy texture etc.) -sky), though I think one of them included another, one of them included PID entires for minilev textures but not the textures themselves, and the lot of them had all sorts of max texture space limits. In the end, the blank SWP/PID you sent me that was the backup for TC_Isle is what I use whenever I need blank files, as it has the greatest max texture space - and it's what I used to create startlev. I don't particularly trust the others at this point, and the TC_Isle backups have yet to do me wrong.
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Err, any utility of mine that produces XX level files is obsolete, Drac. Check my sig., download the shell generator from there. Level name up to 16 characters (I think that's the limit), set the pid to your desired swap size, also doubles as a swp/pid generator (actually creates better sets than the ones I gave you 6 - 20mbs (you choose)). Follow the quick start guide, one can't screw up.

If I was just starting out, I imagine I'd choose the startlev to get my feet wet.

*Apologies for highjacking your topic, Glitch. :oops:
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Heh, I'd split the topic if the forum were functioning..
And... that's quite interesting to hear, thank yee, I'll DL it now and investigate later.. 8)

EDIT: Argh! Download link not working!

check again. ..
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Should work now, folder was improperly labeled. You can't direct-link with tripod though, you have to DL it from the site.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Thankies.. Whoa whoa. An import directory? So you can change the initial models & textures of the level before level creation?! :| JESUS! And where the frak did you get that TjnglgrndBase03t2.bmp from.. is it a Tres-original texture or some version of a TC terrain texture.. (If it's original to Tres, that means absolutely that it would be going into Tres Reloaded as the new base grass texture) And without reading the html file.. Can these import TPMs be renamed before level generation, and others added, or do the file names have to stay the same..

EDIT: Nvm, I see how it works... It might be a good idea for me to release startlev as a set of importable models for use with this app. Btw..
"Check off option; 'change texture names to form'. This is Important! If you do not do this, Ann's Tattoo will break and the level will not load. .."
Check off? Aren't you always supposed to leave it on?
And on second thought.. that grass texture looks like a repaletted TC~rescue base texture..
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

Meh, I picked startlev for this because it had all the assets I needed. I'm very lazy and like all the assets I need for a level to be readily available to me from the start without having to import them on my own. Of course, since I now know how to import texures, I should have no trouble making on from scratch. Creating a level layout template.....that's another story.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Draconisaurus wrote:
I plan to have machf upload a new startlev I've made as soon as server access is back.. Wait, machf, have you been given it back already?
Yep.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

Draconisaurus wrote:"Check off option; 'change texture names to form'. This is Important! If you do not do this, Ann's Tattoo will break and the level will not load. .."
Check off? Aren't you always supposed to leave it on?
I always have that turned on xP

Glitchhunter, how's the level going?
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

This project has been cancelled in favor of better ones. You can find the final version here:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=9001