missing cordonits in TresED

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Mickey
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Re: missing cordonits in TresED

Post by Mickey »

ye I have the same Problem missing cordonits with an ATI card.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Hmmm... thinking a bit about it, I wonder... would antialiasing or anisotropic filtering or some other setting make the characters disappear against the white background since they were thin?
Otherwise, it's just the way Vista (and apparently Win7 too) treats OpenGL by basically using a wrapper to convert OpenGL calls to Direct3D calls - and some of them don't get processed properly.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
Antispam: No

Post by hppav »

I will report that all's fine with Vista and an Nvidia/BFG Geforce 8800 GT OC, all I had to due was adjust OpenGL settings to eliminate the black lines (yes I finally did that)
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Unfortunately ATI drivers apparently won't allow you to do that... (I have that problem with XP and the ATi graphics chipset on this notebook)
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

CHRONZERG! :| Welcome Back! For however long..

And I also have the no-text issue with TresEd display, and run an ATI card on Win XP. Seems that ATI is the culprit.. I'm survivin', though.
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

I don't remember getting that issue back on Magnus 1 which had an ATI Radeon 9000 and XP. Must be a problem with the newer drivers.
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
enigma
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by enigma »

machf wrote:Hmmm... thinking a bit about it, I wonder... would antialiasing or anisotropic filtering or some other setting make the characters disappear against the white background since they were thin?
Otherwise, it's just the way Vista (and apparently Win7 too) treats OpenGL by basically using a wrapper to convert OpenGL calls to Direct3D calls - and some of them don't get processed properly.
Got to trying that, unfortunatley neither had effect. Tried numerous combinations such as compatbility and ATi settings. Looks like it will need to emulated in someway, or if there is opengl backward compatability driver/software.
enigma
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by enigma »

It's a bump, but might go unnoticed otherwise, its somewhat related though.

Just like to know what might causes the green 'haze' around the text in trespasser? It appears on any text not part of an image, so like the level load screen, menus, and in-game on the ctrl-F11 input.
I never had it with the nvidia geforce 7600, but got it with the Ati 5870. I think, not sure that I had it on a radeon 9200, possibly using omega drivers, just can't remember when I had it.
it definitely appears that its related to treseds missing text, only this time its got a green haze.

A little note, I can't seem to find the retail settings in the registry, was just looking them but only one reference exists to dreamworks interactive. Also anyone win7 have them where they should be?
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

I've had that on both my old NVidia and current ATI. It's actually a red offset shadow in the JPDS menu. TrikeUatra did something to change the color, I forget what. I believe what you're actually seeing is intentional text-shadow which is unintentionally offset by several pixels in some direction. Probably more discrepancies between the way such things were handled between now and ten years ago.
chronzerg
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by chronzerg »

Draconisaurus wrote:CHRONZERG! :| Welcome Back! For however long..

And I also have the no-text issue with TresEd display, and run an ATI card on Win XP. Seems that ATI is the culprit.. I'm survivin', though.
I lurk from time to time. :D
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

I see :yum: Dude, just so you know, The Lagoon is still basically my favorite level yet released. Eternal kudos on that one. To this day, I have not taken a good look at it in TresEd, to keep the mystery intact..