JR+ Walkthrough (updated)

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Troodon

JR+ Walkthrough (updated)

Post by Troodon »

JR+ Walkthrough

The map below represents the terrain at the end of the Trespasser "Jungle Road" level with some new elements that I added to create JR+; actually, JR end is at the left margin of the map, where JR+ begins (indicated by arrow). The original Trespasser developer team have placed invisible walls on both sides of the path in JR+.

Start JR+, go left; climb up the ridge, head right and down into the canyon. Grab the two weapons that are partially buried into the ground and follow the dry riverbed to the first shed.

To avoid being ambushed either wait a while or immediately go up the hill to the right under the monorail. Shoot down the raptor, go to the shed, get the gun.

Go towards the fence and up the hill to the right. You will notice the concrete wall is made of distinct elements that are not perfectly assembled together. Jump onto the second one to the right counting from the fence; Anne will have to run and jump, then slide against the concrete wall to the left (keep pressing Q and W while shifting the mouse to the left) until she gets on top of the second concrete element. She can't jump with a rifle in her hand but she can throw it over the wall before she jumps. Safely fall/jump to the other side at a spot where height is minimal. You are now inside the paddock of the "predatores".

Walk around the pond but have your gun ready. Depending on which side of the pond you go, by the time you see the "Raptor Nest" at least one of the raptors may be up the hill to the right while the other one may be sneaking around to your left. Shoot them both and follow the valley to the dino graveyard.

If you can't shoot them both and you're out of ammo then enter the pond and swim; they will follow you but they can't swim, so they will stay at the bottom of the pond and snap at you. As soon as you get a chance get out of the pond and run (press W) and jump (keep pressing Q) –- when you reach the sandy terrain they will stop following you and they will return to defend their nest.

There is a handgun on the other side of "Arby's Cage" but you may need to shoot the raptor guarding it to get there. If you are lucky the raptor might seriously get hurt as it hits the cage while trying to get you, or as it hops around the bones.

Move on to the "Water Tower" valley. If you're out of ammunition grab the handgun by the rocks/plants in the middle of the valley. A giant boulder blocks your path to the next canyon. You have to climb up the plateau; there are two ways to do it. The brave and patient can try using the plank (that was supposed to be the only way to get up there before I realized it would be a tantalizing task with a slower computer). Otherwise simply walk to the giant boulder and climb up to the right (press W). Have your gun ready, go either left or right (if you go right use the fallen crate to get on the platform), kill the last raptor, admire en passant a younger Steven's picture at the water tower (didn't put it in this walkthrough, I'll let you discover it ;) ), then follow the narrow canyon by the plateau and to the right.

Another giant boulder is blocking your path, press W while turning slightly left and up. The first step is more difficult, the second one is easy, and then the trigger for the next level (IJ) will go off.
Last edited by Troodon on Thu Jan 09, 2003 7:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
TyrannoRicardo Rex
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by TyrannoRicardo Rex »

Great walkthrouhg, Thank you
Dr. Grant and my dear Dra. Sattler, Welcome to Jurassic Park (John Hammond JP)

And If we could just step aside, and trust in nature, Life will find a way (John Hammond TLW)
Troodon

Post by Troodon »

Today I accidentally "discovered" (what I guess many of you already know) that it suffices to delete the .spz file in the DATA directory for the .swp file to be automatically copied to the Tres directory when loading a level. When installing JR+, after you update the jr-130.swp file, just copy it to the DATA directory and then delete jr-130.spz in the same directory.

To make it up to you :) I am posting two more screenshots. In the first one Anne is at the water tower up the hill; she can shoot the last raptor from this locale, over the fallen tree trunk to the right, and avoid the adrenalin rush when going around the fence to the left.

Finally, here is the one and only "Easter Egg" in JR+ beta 1:

Last edited by Troodon on Wed Jan 08, 2003 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
madppiper
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by madppiper »

yeah, seen that easteregg in the level. Sorta suprised me ;)
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Yup, even the blind guy noticed. 8)