Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Re: Trespasser in Widescreen and FOV fun

Post by Draconisaurus »

Nick3069 wrote:what about the ATX HUD, can't that be used to make black bar up and down? I think the HUD adapts to the resolution.
It certainly does to some extent, but the size of the pixels doesn't change, meaning that you'll have less letterboxing in higher resolutions, plus I'm not sure exactly how ATX would treat such a long object for the HUD in lower resolutions.. *shrug* It might do something but I wouldn't count on it except as a last fallback, if you really want it.
TheGuy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Post by TheGuy »

Draconisaurus wrote:It certainly does to some extent, but the size of the pixels doesn't change, meaning that you'll have less letterboxing in higher resolutions...
You sure? I thought ATX made the HUD bigger depending on the resolution. Time for a test... :)
ImageImage
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

TheGuy wrote:
Draconisaurus wrote:It certainly does to some extent, but the size of the pixels doesn't change, meaning that you'll have less letterboxing in higher resolutions...
You sure? I thought ATX made the HUD bigger depending on the resolution. Time for a test... :)
Heh k well I've already experienced it and ATX does not resize the HUD graphics, it just moves them to the appropriate corners. Things would be so much easier if res were adjusted.. If that were the case, we could just make the whole HUD into one big image, and also make it look cooler that way (have the different stat displays link together).
TheGuy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Post by TheGuy »

Draconisaurus wrote:Heh k well I've already experienced it and ATX does not resize the HUD graphics, it just moves them to the appropriate corners.

Must have been an earlier version of ATX...

Edit: the first picture is cut off because it's too big for the forums. If you want to see it in full, just right click it and click "view image".

:?
Draconisaurus wrote:Things would be so much easier if res were adjusted.. If that were the case, we could just make the whole HUD into one big image, and also make it look cooler that way (have the different stat displays link together).
I see no reason why you couldn't do that anyway...

The black bars for widescreen would work very well, too.
ImageImage
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Well well... Perhaps it was an upgrade by BR. I've just tested it myself and it does remain the same size on-screen regardless of resolution... It actually has promise, now! :mrgreen: This will be fun..
Although, you know, the HUD isn't activated by any actiontype, AFAIK.. So it's kinda back to square one with the letterboxing. :?
Draco master
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Draco master »

TBH I never got the HUD display to work... but this looks like it could turn out to be a big project :D it seem s that Raptor Rapids would only have one or two scenes that could use this lol
F3nNec
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by F3nNec »

update: correct FOV for widescreen resolution
4:3 = 75
16:9 = 91.3154482287
16:10 = 85.2812718522

adioz!
[Sony PlayStation 3|CDDA|LG FFH-217|Philips SHP9000]
[Apple iPod Touch 2G 8GB|ALAC|Philips SBC HP460]
♫ ♪ (( d(へへ)b )) ♫ ♪
anybody with a heart votes love
Last.fm
YouTube
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Well, just in case anybody stumbles across this thread nowadays, the latest ATX (2.13) can now correct aspect ratio and FOV automatically for use with widescreen monitors...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files