Test levels

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Dagobah? Like swamp planet from StarWars?!?!
I like the X-Wing and the bats that fly by.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Heh well that was certainly interesting. Not much of a level, but nice elements just the same... Now we just need an R2 unit, and some force powers to move the X-Wing.... (oh, and a frickin new ground and sky texture)
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Draconisaurus wrote:Now we just need an R2 unit, and some force powers to move the X-Wing...
There's already force power to move the X-Wing, the Darth Vader glove acts like your pull effect Crazy Eagle.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Darth Vader glove?! :|
Perhaps I would have explored more of the level if it had a tad bit more in it...
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

machf wrote:I used the Dino Eggs level to start it, seemed well suited to what i had in mind... but that means it may crash. I've had better success using the demo engine to run it.
Yeah, it's like lost jungle or the lagoon, you need to lower the draw distance.
Draconisaurus wrote:Darth Vader glove?! :|
Perhaps I would have explored more of the level if it had a tad bit more in it...
You can see a video of someone (machf?) trying to move the X-Wing with the glove in this video:
http://files.filefront.com/Dagobahavi/; ... einfo.html

I agree with Draco, the level is basicly only the easter level with nothing more than a glove and a down x-wing. Not very much like dagobah.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Well, if you read the description, you'd hav noticed I said it IS basically the Dino Eggs level with some stuff added for testing the "Force"... as I said, it's another TEST level - made it quickly in a few hours. My first idea had been releasing some files saying "import these into the JPDS ttest level and have fun", but I decided to import them into the Dino Eggs level, make some changes, and release the level with all that stuff already in it.

There is an R2 that came with te X-Wing, but I left it out because it was too high-poly for such a samll model... I may import a simpler one... and a few more "Star Wars"-related stuff too.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Slugger »

I liked it. The XWing was pretty neat; have a tie fighter?
0066521C: 'Cannot create local swap file - Is Trespasser installed??',0Ah,0
"Cold lino was the driving force behind world power!"
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

I could get one... and it would need fewer physics objects than the X-Wing.

I was also thinking of rigging an AT-AT or/and an AT-ST to some Trespasser skeleton, just for fun...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

machf wrote:My first idea had been releasing some files saying "import these into the JPDS ttest level and have fun", but I decided to import them into the Dino Eggs level, make some changes, and release the level with all that stuff already in it.
Heh actually I like that idea about JPDS~testing.. this was probably the best way to go for that content, but yeah, I'd definately dig fan-additions to the level. ;)
machf wrote:There is an R2 that came with te X-Wing, but I left it out because it was too high-poly for such a samll model... I may import a simpler one... and a few more "Star Wars"-related stuff too.
Nice... anxious to see that. Would make a nice small easter egg in some other major level...
machf wrote:I was also thinking of rigging an AT-AT or/and an AT-ST to some Trespasser skeleton, just for fun...
OMG that would be totally awesome...
Draco master
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Re: Test levels

Post by Draco master »

Hey guys.... sorry to bump old threads..... but this level wont work on my comp.... it crashes in tres and in TresED it says that there is no GRF file.... does machf have a patch? a fixed version? is my comp just evil and is just doing it to spite me? lol I would really like to play thru this lev.. so... assistance please x_x
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

The levels have worked fine for all of us since they came out.. can you describe how you installed them? Try deleting the files and doing it again. Remember that all 5 level files go in the /data folder.. and for best results, might as well run it in Trespasser CE.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

Hey, machf, I just notice 2 flower in the "greenhouse" level that you'll need to turn "others" on to see, awesome 8)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Each of which is over 2000 faces... :lol: I mean, damn. Not even modern games would accept that kind of poly for a flower..
T.rexrules
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by T.rexrules »

Machf, when I try to download your test levels it says:
Oops! An unexpected error (-1) has occurred.
Can you please fix them? :) (at least the armory please)
Yes, I am Evanphoto on yutube ad gmail and whatever.
tatu

Post by tatu »

Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."