The Temple - FIRST LOOK!

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Second Illiteration »

Remdul wrote:Dinos look great SI. :)

Btw, if you want to get rid of the seams in the terrain textures you can try this: go to nVidia graphics control panel, go to global driver settings and switch "conformant texture clamp" off if it is on, or on if it is off. Does that work for you?

Well I actually have an ATI card
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Wow, did I ever see this thread??? I'm not sure, maybe I missed it in some random bout of absence.. Anyways, this level looks amazing, SI. I would finish it before you finish your contestlev mod, if I were you..
LOL!! There's a JPDS tree in there.. did I release that with JPDS~testing? I'm not sure.. maybe.. ahh lol and there are the fences. Just be sure it's not out before JPDS1. ;P

machf wrote:I think Draco may have him tied to JPDS right now...
Heh, actually, I should, but ED is gettin in the way my coordinating, atm.. and then there's vacation.. SI was busy with some JPDS stuff earlier but I think he's still dealing with some other occupations atm as well?
Second Illiteration wrote:I might release it soon as a test level and if I can find some help eventually develop it into a level with a point to it...
Hmmmm... well be sure to discuss the fence with me before you do. I'm not terribly picky about it, but at the same time, I was saving the mesh for JPDS1. Lol, maybe when I get back, I can make a basic modification for you.. ;P But yeah, I'd love to see this level released.. it looks positively awesome..
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

I've showed you screens before drac...and told you about it I remember you remarking about some level you had when I told you about the temple.

Anyway, I can wait, or if you wanted to assist me with a couple things on it, we could give it a point, or at least some puzzles and stuff to it...I had a few in mind, but don't know how to implement certain triggers and stuff...

That would be cool, and it's not a lot of stuff I don't think, but I know how stretched for time you are...

I'm not even sure if the level is working atm, but I'll check that and send you a copy so you can take a look at it...
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Second Illiteration wrote:I've showed you screens before drac...and told you about it I remember you remarking about some level you had when I told you about the temple.
Oh, that - yeah you showed me a TresEd shot, I recall it was just the gate there, and with your description it reminded me of "MayanCity0".. ;) Still, I've never seen this thread before, or all those other images..
Anyway, I can wait, or if you wanted to assist me with a couple things on it, we could give it a point, or at least some puzzles and stuff to it...I had a few in mind, but don't know how to implement certain triggers and stuff...

That would be cool, and it's not a lot of stuff I don't think, but I know how stretched for time you are...

I'm not even sure if the level is working atm, but I'll check that and send you a copy so you can take a look at it...
Aha, sure, send me it when you can.. I'll see what there's time for when I return.
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

I'll send it and after you've taken a look I'll give you some of the ideas I had...
chronzerg
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by chronzerg »

Dang it, you are tempting to start another level. Maybe when summer begins again.
TheRaptorKiller
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by TheRaptorKiller »

Draconisaurus wrote:Wow, did I ever see this thread??? I'm not sure, maybe I missed it in some random bout of absence.. Anyways, this level looks amazing, SI. I would finish it before you finish your contestlev mod, if I were you..
LOL!! There's a JPDS tree in there.. did I release that with JPDS~testing? I'm not sure.. maybe.. ahh lol and there are the fences. Just be sure it's not out before JPDS1. ;P

machf wrote:I think Draco may have him tied to JPDS right now...
Heh, actually, I should, but ED is gettin in the way my coordinating, atm.. and then there's vacation.. SI was busy with some JPDS stuff earlier but I think he's still dealing with some other occupations atm as well?
Second Illiteration wrote:I might release it soon as a test level and if I can find some help eventually develop it into a level with a point to it...
Hmmmm... well be sure to discuss the fence with me before you do. I'm not terribly picky about it, but at the same time, I was saving the mesh for JPDS1. Lol, maybe when I get back, I can make a basic modification for you.. ;P But yeah, I'd love to see this level released.. it looks positively awesome..
That fence is cool, is it from JPIII the one the spinosaurus breaks through?
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

TrentRaptorKiller wrote: That fence is cool, is it from JPIII the one the spinosaurus breaks through?
Yeah it is, and you'll see it first when JPDS1 is released. I just put it in mine as an obstacle/start point so it seemed like you crossed it previous to the start of the level.
TheRaptorKiller
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by TheRaptorKiller »

Second Illiteration wrote:
TrentRaptorKiller wrote: That fence is cool, is it from JPIII the one the spinosaurus breaks through?
Yeah it is, and you'll see it first when JPDS1 is released. I just put it in mine as an obstacle/start point so it seemed like you crossed it previous to the start of the level.
Do you know how close it is to finished? cause it really sounds awesome :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :yes: :yes:
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: The Temple - FIRST LOOK!

Post by Draconisaurus »

Honestly SI.. do you still have this? It looks great.
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

I have it but something got corrupted
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Ahhhhhh that's right. Care to upload it and PM the link? I've been known to be able to fix corrupted levels like that, when in dire need, by repopulating a blank level with its assets bit by bit.. it doesn't take as long as you'd think, if you know how. Dunno when I'd do that - but it could be in the next few weeks, maybe.
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Draconisaurus wrote:Ahhhhhh that's right. Care to upload it and PM the link? I've been known to be able to fix corrupted levels like that, when in dire need, by repopulating a blank level with its assets bit by bit.. it doesn't take as long as you'd think, if you know how. Dunno when I'd do that - but it could be in the next few weeks, maybe.
I'll see if I can find it
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Let me know too, I'd also like to attempt to fix it... I have an early version lying around, BTW.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

I think the version I have is minus the building where all the raptors were, and I was attempting to expand on the temple...actual I recall editing the temple in gmax to make it bigger, but then never got to import stage