Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-
Antispam: No

Re: Sound names from the .tpa files

Post by Slugger »

Nice work machf! That's some dedication to persist through and identify all those unknown samples. Here's hoping to some good luck with those remaining unknown six. :)
0066521C: 'Cannot create local swap file - Is Trespasser installed??',0Ah,0
"Cold lino was the driving force behind world power!"
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Holy fraking hell, machf. That's just GOLD!!! :o For some reason, I had no idea those sounds were in there. I've never really had time to dump the TPAs myself and have a listen to ALL of them, I guess xP Some of these will definitely come in handy.

Hey Sam, remember that Nickelodeon sports show puzzler level you wanted to make? Tomb of.. whatever, Mayan dude :P :lol: Well, this sound was often used in those shows:
"SPEC-INTRUDER ALARM03"

So, some pretty unusual stuff turning up. Working TVs?! Radio static.. definitely goes with the separated Anne radio voiceovers. Fluorescent lights, could go with a few things, most notably the dam building.

And all those alarms.. :| Makes you wonder what events they went to, honestly. I have an idea for one but I'm not going to spoil it..
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

That "SPEC-INTRUDER ALARM03" was used all over Nickelodeon in the 90s. I think it was even used in one show to indicate when they were dropping slime on people :yum:
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Two more from Effects.tpa:

Code: Select all

189	96FF38CD	5224535	19934	0,00	0,00	WBOR	6E	36	1028	19898	79314	22050	16	1	1	0	0	no	Drag - Oil Barrel – Cement
190	7FA1E865	5244469	21498	0,00	0,00	WBOR	6E	36	1028	21462	85556	22050	16	1	1	0	0	no	Drag - Oil Barrel – Dirt
Hopefully they will help me find some more too...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

Drag sounds, interesting.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Yes, those are used in the Foley table.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
LtSten
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by LtSten »

Got one! Looking through the PV triggers from the beta and came across "MUSIC - REVEAL OF LANDSCAPE" which is equal to "Stegosaur Greeting":

"5-Stegosaur Greeting 00:30 – Reveal of landscape (416) *" / Stream.tpa
Bringing TPA CRCs up the well, amongst other file format adventures.
Blender 3.0 TPM Plugin [Project GitHub]
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Yes, that one was found some time ago, after getting the beta... sorry, I like your enthusiasm...
Do you think "MUSIC - ALBERTASAUR - FB" would make any sense for one? It's a valid string for one of the remaining two, but I'm not convinced it's the original string for it...
LtSten
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by LtSten »

Can't really tell which ones haven't been found, the lists don't seem to have been updated for a while. :P

With "- FB", I've got no clue what the FB could stand for, any ideas on that? Also, which remaining two?
By "original" string, what exactly do you mean?

Edit: Yep, that's definitely equal to "Sleeping Dinosaur". Just Parasaur Valley to go.
Last edited by LtSten on Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bringing TPA CRCs up the well, amongst other file format adventures.
Blender 3.0 TPM Plugin [Project GitHub]
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

LtSten wrote:Can't really tell which ones haven't been found, the lists don't seem to have been updated for a while. :P
Oh, they have, the updated files are here:

http://www.trescom.org/docs/TresTPAs-ods.zip
http://www.trescom.org/docs/TresTPAs-xls.zip

http://www.trescom.org/docs/Beta96TPAs-ods.zip
http://www.trescom.org/docs/Beta96TPAs-xls.zip

I posted the links a couple of pages ago... time to re-post them, I guess, as they've become buried back there. I've also made a few cosmetic changes to the listings since the last update.
With "- FB", I've got no clue what the FB could stand for, any ideas on that?
That's it, I have no idea either, so it's likely that isn't the original name...
Also, which remaining two?
You'll see in the listings that there are two "MUSIC - " streams in Stream.tpa whose names are still unidentified.
By "original" string, what exactly do you mean?
Well, those programs I wrote allow you to find a series of strings that match the hash value stored in the .tpa files. The more characters long, the more possible matching strings there are. That one I quoted is just one of several possible ones, this one in particular makes *some* sense, but is not necessarily the string that was used for it. You see, for each 4-byte sequence there's exactly one CRC-32 hash, for less than 3 bytes there can be at most one, and for more than 4 there are 256 times more possible ones than with one less byte. So, with 4 bytes you had exactly one, but with 5 you have 256 possible sequences that give you the exact same hash, with 6 you have 256*256, with 7 it's 256*256*256, etc. You can reduce the possibilities by establishing some rules (with Trespasser, it's that you actually don't use all possible 256 values for a single byte, only lowercase letters and some other characters like numbers, dashes, spaces, etc.), but still you'll have to sieve among several results until you find out what the original string was.
tatu

Post by tatu »

FB could stand for First Battle or Final Battle
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by RexHunter99 »

tatu wrote:FB could stand for First Battle or Final Battle
Yeah but there's no music in the Stream.TPA that could sound like a Trespasser battle theme that hasn't already been found or used in the Retail files.

machf, not that it matters much, but I pushed "MUSIC - ALBERTASAUR - FB" through TSOT and it also finds a matching hash :? I'm going to extract this sound and see what it sounds like...

Alright the offset to the sample is 35988797 bytes, and it's 771692 bytes long (sample offset is actually to the sample table entry, not the sound data)
It's 22050 kHz at 16-bit, of course it has no captions and it's Attenuation is at 0.0000.

Time to get this puppy out of the box and let 'er rip :P

EDIT:
This is a little more difficult than I thought, the sound with the "MUSIC - ALBERTASAUR - FB" valid hash is ADPCM compressed (I think, at least the data appears to be) I'm going to throw a standard PCM .WAV header on it and see if it plays, if not then we know it's ADPCM :\
~ They told me humans weren't real... I proved them wrong.
ImageAnthropology ~ A beautiful tale.
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

That is a pretty odd name for the track. You probably know, but just to be sure, Albertasaur is the spelling used in Trespasser and is not technically correct - "Albertosaur" is the spelling used in the field, in my experience. But yeah.. idk.. Is there any way that the hash could still start with "MUSIC - ALBERTASAUR " but not end in "- FB"?

Oh and another possibility if it's real - Floodcontrol Building :yum:
RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by RexHunter99 »

^^Nice one Drac^^

God damnit... I'm sure the DVI IMA ADPCM I've constructed is 100% right, but GoldWave won't load it and as usualy WMP is being a straight out bitch. So I went and checked my Codec listing, and IMA ADPCM is up there and enabled, then I began googling for a fresh download, just in case the one I had was a NULL (empty) codec, and I'm on page 4 of Google search and most of the shit I've found is around a thousand Vista noobs demanding information because they payed so much for a peice of shit machine with a peice of shit Operating System. I'm about to rip the rest of my goddmaned fringe out (I've been pulling hair out over this, for real)
~ They told me humans weren't real... I proved them wrong.
ImageAnthropology ~ A beautiful tale.
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hmmmm... IIRC, all I could get to play certain Tres sounds was WinAmp, back in the day. And as for the exact compression used, when Matt and I tried to replicate it, we were unable to come up with the exact compression used by Tres and/or have it sound at all reasonable. It's a rather illusive format, it seems..